Coronavirus **personal experiences** thread

Not to mention some other parts that may get pierced.

agreed
my killfile just expanded exponentially
I did not realize I was in the potty training forum, nor do I intend to remain in it
a line has been crossed

unsubscribed

Agreed……This thread is no longer useful for coronavirus info…. might as well close it Sb

I’ve been social distancing for years.
Way before it became popular.

Just wondering if anybody in the community lost his/her job because of the Corona crisis?

There are lay-off situations (according to OP):

_

Here, business like restauration, hotels, some stores and companies are taking some measures pulling to opposite sides: some that are trying to protect the employees, some that are being more inclined to fire people.
Government and the Parlament are discussing measures around that.

They are also discussing the increasing need of support to the medics, nurses, carers, police forces, and other professionals and people that are keeping the country alive.

Portugal is in emergency state since the middle of last week. 33 deaths confirmed due to Covid complications, more than 2300 confirmed cases, many people are in quarantine to comply with the “emergency state” rules.

Supermarkets are open and have strict rules to let people enter, as far as I know supplies are still in stock.
Some bakeries are open, some restaurants are open to take-away and home delivery.
Public transportation has taken desinfection measures are still going on, but with reduction of service.

Solidarity is also arising: diverse entreprises are adpating to produce protection materials for the medical staff and other carers; some are adapting to produce ventilators (soon to be); some restaurants are taking food for free to the medical staff in hospital, and many other things are happening within the communities.

Unfortunately many people are still suffering with lack of support, namely older people, homeless, and many others. Also,we still face some problems to keep classes going on in the different education levels (not everyone has a computer or internet at home, and many children needs parental supervision to access computers and to what teachers send to them).

Also unfortunately, many stupid people (nationals, foreigners, old people, youngsters) still gathers in some spaces implying that police needs to take action and to apply fines. Fortunately that is a small part of the population…

We are not (yet) in a completely restrictive mood as the government wants to take measures according to what is needed and according to what is the response of population. However, I fear that many irresponsible people may still do the “normal” life and put in danger what others are doing at home.

As always, stay safe folks, whoever you are, wherever you are… :+1:

BTW: sb please don’t close the thread! We, members, should know, by now, what is the thread’s topic! Stick to that

So true! I was always wondering how the others are doing it. But I’ve never expected to learn it here :smiley:
I’m using a Rossmann toilet paper which I don’t fold at all. Two wipes per square, diagonally. Or just one wipe per square, depends on my mood.

For the people into face masks.

“Protective Mask Tutorials at Joann Fabric for free”

How to Make a Face Mask

Sewage drains cloggged in a Cali town, due to cut T-shirts used as butt wipes……

Desperate butts call for desperate wipes.

This teenage girl recovered from the virus in 10 days but said it was very painful.

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/health-environment/article/3076222/coronavirus-it-was-my-intestines-were-being-ripped-out

Things are starting up in Mexico.

“Gang of 70 loot México state supermarket en masse”

multiple break-ins and robberies in the state on the weekend

Thank you brad. In my opinion and based on the significance of worldwide PPE shortages, this is the most relevant & helpful post on this thread, if not the entire forum.

All of us who are still healthy and capable, must consider whatever ways and/or means they have at their disposal to offer to their local/regional healthcare providers, first responders, neighbors (especially the elderly & those with limitations), etc. If we all rely on hopes, prayers and others to bring this crisis to an end, who knows how long it may take.

Again, if you are capable and willing, please consider what ways you may be able to help, including ideas, suggestions, and support of others. Thanks you.

I just read that the number of so called experts and their opinions on this virus is growing exponentially as well.

Yep , everyone is an expert.

The person who was chief medical officer in Ontario (Canada) during the Sars outbreak recently wrote an article for the Toronto Globe and Mail. One of the things he wrote was to never listen to the pundits and talking heads, they are always wrong. Listen to the WHO.

Not me. I’m still an active pert.

Sound advice…

I took the tube back out of town
Back to the Rolling Pin
I felt a little like a dying clown
With a streak of Rin Tin Tin
I stretched back and I Coughed a Lung up
And looked back on my busy day
Eleven hours in the Wuhan
God, there’s got to be another way
Oh wa oh wa oh wa oh wa

Well, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)

Oho! Not only have they used this calamity to get Germany on board with issuing joint debt with other EU nations. Now Germany is poised to declare a state of emergency for the next year. In Canada, Trudeau introduced a bill that would give him a free hand to tax and spend without seeking approval from Parliament. All over a virus that hasn’t killed one tenth as many people as a typical flu season does. The score: Influenza 1/4 million, Covid-19 less than 17,000.

Democracy? We don’ need no stinking democracy……