Home Depot Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

Very, very nice, if you have 1-4 inch stumps to cut and many of them you will wonder how you did without this device :slight_smile:

Went by my hd and saw some cool stuff in a cart ready to be put on the shelves. They had a cobra 2-way radio and ever ready 6v lantern and lots of combination wrench sets.

Well, today I got a coupon good until 12/15/2016. Good for $75 off a single purchase over $500.

The one question I have is, how the heck do I spend over $500 and Home Depot? :smiley:

Actually for Black Friday I am hoping to find a rollaway tool cabinet, or 2 at a good price. And that extra $75 off would be really nice :wink:

Good that you have items in mind, 50,001 penny items is a very tall order :stuck_out_tongue:

This will sound like sacrilege but for rolling tool storage, check out Harbor Freight. The US General Pro tool storage (the red ones) are extremely good quality and still considered the best value under around $1000 or so out there. The guys over at Garage Journal are mostly big fans of the Harbor Freight offerings. Husky and Kobalt have had to raise their game significantly to compete but they still haven’t matched the HF offerings yet (which they don’t have to because they do still have their name). Craftsman tool storage has proceeded to shit the bed on quality and their cheap stuff just blows. Keep in mind this is only the US General Pro red colored stuff, the black harbor freight stuff is pretty much crap, about on par with the worst Craftsman tool storage.

I totally agree with you!

Problem is I can’t always afford the “very best” :slight_smile: If I can get a good enough deal on something else I will go for it. Otherwise it will be the U.S. General/ Harbor Freight.

Did you know that Harbor Freight bought and now owns U.S. General?
Also there is also a Harbor Freight Deal Alerts thread

And in this post I tried to tell everyone how good those HF rollaways really are

SawMaster bought one and confirmed it.

Ok still not sure what a looper is…

I have to wait to catch the deals on the tool boxes. Sometimes they have really good deals at HD but we don’t have harbor freight up here in Alaska. (I really wish they did, it would save me a ton of money… LOL).

Great deal even at that price, they’re clearing these out for a new set. I’m headed to grab a pack now!

!!

Photo not mine from another site, I looked up item number on in store PC they didn’t have any in my home base but 11 in another store down the road.

Well damn, couldn’t find em. Had staff look for me, they have 12 in stock but there not on the floor. They’re stuck in the overhead somewhere. But on the bright side, by the time I find em they’ll be at the “2” price. There’s so much merchandise in the store the employees are overwhelmed. They have every isle jam packed with Black Friday stuff, hell even the garden center is crammed with tool boxes and power tools! To bad we can’t see the Black Friday ads yet…

I saw some drain decloggerizer stuff for 10¢ (originally bout $5)
Also did anyone mention those ryobi drill and drive kits for $4.88? similar to the HDX ones that were the gold last year; same price but this time it’s branded ryobi and the kits are smaller

See post #1913. . I saw HDX drain cleaner for something like $1.04 last week.

-Garry

Yeah, I got a bunch of that kind of stuff at 10 cents. I think instead of throwing them away (bacteria and enzymes) they decided to throw them away with their customers. Marked down to 10 cents

those liquid drain decloggerizers never work afaik
so I didn’t get any

So what if they don’t work, they were only 10 cents :slight_smile:

BTW, HDX vs Ryobi 35 piece drill bit set is at the bottom of post 1920

Here is the Home Depot Black Friday Ad. I could find no info on their BF event until this morning. Their security is even better than Apples!
https://www.blackfriday.fm/adscan/home-depot
Here are some shots of interesting items, at least to me.
Bluetooth LED lightbulb with 3W Speaker! Where would you put it?

This Milwaukee worklight includes a 5.0Ah battery ($129.00 on it’s own) and charger. Here is a link on BLF
Meet my friend Bob and his new flashlight

This drill bit set has sizes up to 1/2”

Here is another Black Friday item I came across this morning.
a 10 pack of “rough service” LED bulbs for $19.88

This is the best shot I could get thru the plastic container, I didn’t buy any as I was in a rush and I figure they will not sell out soon.
It is hard to see, but the LED is of the continuous filament type. The exterior of the bulb is built like a Wiffle Ball and is soft and pliable.

I managed to break away to a home depot for a short time this afternoon. I thought their black Friday sales stunk. I was in a different store from my usual local one - one that should have about 5x to 10x the amount of traffic as my local store. I saw those rough service bulbs - meh. I also saw TONS of the tool chests on sale, seems they were a flop. I don’t know who spends that much on one Christmas gift.

-Garry

Oh hey those are the new lamps that clive tore apart a while ago

This site The new 2016 Home Depot Clearance Thread | The Garage Journal :laughing: