MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Any type. My question is what kind of action you are looking for to access it? With a clicky there is basically two options: A short reset no-memory type setup where the strobe is the last in line, so you will rarely access it accidentally, or a ToyKeeper FW setup with a "medium" press to move backwards to the hidden mode (although the timing can be a bit tricky to get a handle on).

I would be interested in this too. But say Hi mode then double or triple tap for a strobe? And can the strobe be 20Hz?

Me too on the hidden strobe.
Not sure what “a ToyKeeper FW setup with a ”medium” press to move backwards to the hidden mode” means but it sounds better.

I have a few lights with mode memory set on “strobe” when I’m walking where blind and oblivious drivers are frequent; that works until I accidentally half click and lose that setting.

—-> (For walking, I’d happily lock the light INTO strobe mode — just on and off)
—-> (Otherwise I’d happily lock the light OUT of strobe mode)

I don’t like leaving the strobe on all the time. What am I, a bicycle?
I don’t like having to click exactly four times for strobe (a driver can turn the corner and run up on me while I’m trying to figure out what setting I’m on)

No mention of some fr4 boards you might be making?
Luxeon Star markets a board they claim is better than aluminum w/ dielectric which is essentially the same as what’s being developed in This thread and Hoop is working on a combination DTP/sink option he mentions there.

RMM, “It won’t work right with the capacitor after the protection diode. Basically what happens is that there is enough inductance switching the FET gate at high speeds with the diode blocking the reverse voltage to boost the MCU voltage over 6V, which causes it to glitch significantly. Comfychair figured this out in this thread. The zener mod won’t work reliably unless the capacitor is directly in parallel with the capacitor after the limiting resistor, even if it is very close to the resistor or IC.

[quote]

Best explanation I’ve seen, needs to be stickied somewhere. In fact I think I’ll quote this in the Oshpark projects thread.

I guess I need to take a look at that thread again, as I haven't looked at it for a few weeks. I was planning on doing some quad FR4 boards that I had laid out, but then it looked like everyone else had it covered and other plans so I shelved it.

You wanted it? You got it.

Did you say you were also making a 20mm buck

I wonder if you can tell me the size of the Omten 1288 Small Reverse Clicky Switch

12mm body length, 8mm body width, 2.5mm body thickness, ~8mm total height with button depressed.

Did I? Lol. I can't remember.

Answer: It's obvious that there will be a 20mm, but I'll get to it when I get to it.

Thanks :slight_smile: exactly what i needed. Please add those measurement to the sales page.

So if I’m going to play with Toy Keepers A6 firmware I’m going to have to change the output pins are there any other differences I need to watch for?

Actually the A6 firmware works "out of the box", at least that's what I remember. If I'm wrong though I'm sure you'll find out!

Do you have a picture of the blf 15dd completed?

All the resistors i received in the parts kit are way different to the 17dd.

I have:
jumper 000
101 (light blue)
472 (black)
and a blank light blue one

Can you post your design? I’m still hacking my way along and doing it the wrong way I’m sure. It seems such a simple thing but there is more than one way to do even these. It needn’t be an active design. Thx.

I don't think I have a clean picture of one, but I'll take a look.

-The 000 jumper goes on R3, which is the big pad next to the FET
-472 goes on R2
-light blue is 19.1K and goes on R1
-101 goes on R4

Hi Richard

Ok, so I need to rant a bit… Its regarding the following:

• EXCELLENT quality of your work! I’m VERY serious about this statement… Richard, please keep up this standard. This, in combination with your EXCEPTIONAL knowledge about the field, is what makes you ABSOLUTELY GREAT! I also know your high standards are NOT easy to apply with your limited time. Thanks for being PASSIONATE about this and adding value for all of us!
  • EXCELLENT service delivery! You’re always willing to go the extra mile! I’ve made many amendments to my orders and you were always willing to help out. I’ve ordered so many items from you, literally 100s and 100s and they always get to me as ordered! Thanks a lot!
  • ALWAYS willing to help out with very informative answers to our questions. I’ve sent you so many emails asking for advice. I ALWAYS get an answer, and its always EXTREMELY informative and thorough!
  • Thanks again for SHARING your knowledge! The quality of your feedback, comments and answers are just GREAT! So many of my questions have been answered by your thorough and clear explanations. Thank You!

Ok, enough of the ranting!

Thanks Richard!

Wow, did you have to be so hard on the guy. :bigsmile:

Should have done more shouting though…

Thank you for the kind words! I really appreciate it.