Project: SUNLIKE LT1 board (Option for 660nm Red)

192 posts / 0 new
Last post
SunLike
SunLike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 4 days ago
Joined: 11/05/2019 - 17:44
Posts: 398
Location: MORDOR

Sunnysunsun wrote:
I do not think it matters since it is the number sofirn lists on their website for customer service.

https://sofirnlight.com/contact-us-a0041.html


Oh.. It’s not interesting! He is not the boss Sad

BelMORDOR’s Ламповщик|Lampman
https://t.me/sunlikenews

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18072
Location: Amsterdam

Barry was the Sofirn contact for various BLF-Sofirn joint projects, like the Q8 and the LT1 lantern, although he is not the boss, he has influence, and for us the only one there who speaks english.

Agro
Agro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 6861
Location: Ślōnsk

I’m not sure how is the red LED going to be used here.
Is it meant to fill one channel, so ramping warms the beam up by adding red to the spectrum?

SunLike
SunLike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 4 days ago
Joined: 11/05/2019 - 17:44
Posts: 398
Location: MORDOR

Agro wrote:
I’m not sure how is the red LED going to be used here.
Is it meant to fill one channel, so ramping warms the beam up by adding red to the spectrum?

yes. all 18 leds will be red 660nm

BelMORDOR’s Ламповщик|Lampman
https://t.me/sunlikenews

SunLike
SunLike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 4 days ago
Joined: 11/05/2019 - 17:44
Posts: 398
Location: MORDOR

about new SOL2835 (3rd generation)
and spectrum of the 3032 leds

It is brighter, but I do not like spectrum

It is not SunLike, it if just “high CRI” ! Facepalm

BelMORDOR’s Ламповщик|Lampman
https://t.me/sunlikenews

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18072
Location: Amsterdam

I understand that 660nm is available but I can’t resist to mention an experiment I did a few years ago.

The experiment was adding red light to 80CRI 2700K leds, and it appeared that the most effective wavelength for that was 640nm, which is more efficient than 660nm (almost 3 times as visible to the eye) and makes for a better spectrum with less of a gap in the red region. The CCT went down to about 2400K if I remember well, and CRI went up to 95.

SunLike
SunLike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 4 days ago
Joined: 11/05/2019 - 17:44
Posts: 398
Location: MORDOR

djozz wrote:
I understand that 660nm is available but I can’t resist to mention an experiment I did a few years ago.

The experiment was adding red light to 80CRI 2700K leds, and it appeared that the most effective wavelength for that was 640nm, which is more efficient than 660nm (almost 3 times as visible to the eye) and makes for a better spectrum with less of a gap in the red region. The CCT went down to about 2400K if I remember well, and CRI went up to 95.


red peak of the SunLike LEDs not in the same place as in cheap leds. So, 660nm will be better. And it is real red, not red-orange.

SOL2835 4000k:

Cheap LEDs 4000k:

BelMORDOR’s Ламповщик|Lampman
https://t.me/sunlikenews

Agro
Agro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 6861
Location: Ślōnsk

I’m not sure if I like the sunlike + red idea…
SOL has no problem with producing 660nm and even over 700nm.
I have a feeling that colour rendering is more likely to go down than up, especially if there’s a lot of red mixed in to the spectrum.

But I’m not sure about it.

Anyway, mixing different red wavelengths might be an option as well.

SunLike
SunLike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 4 days ago
Joined: 11/05/2019 - 17:44
Posts: 398
Location: MORDOR

Agro wrote:
I’m not sure if I like the sunlike + red idea…
SOL has no problem with producing 660nm and even over 700nm.
I have a feeling that colour rendering is more likely to go down than up, especially if there’s a lot of red mixed in to the spectrum.

But I’m not sure about it.

Anyway, mixing different red wavelengths might be an option as well.

Idea was make 2200k CCT and etc

Also I think that it is like emergency red light. After red light, eyes adapt very quickly to the darkness. Rest assured, after SunLike LEDs too!

BelMORDOR’s Ламповщик|Lampman
https://t.me/sunlikenews

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18072
Location: Amsterdam

I understand that with SunLike leds the red peak goes more to the the right than with 80CRI leds and so longer wavelengths will fit better in the spectrum.

It will at least be very interesting how this works out, I like new stuff! Smile

SunLike
SunLike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 4 days ago
Joined: 11/05/2019 - 17:44
Posts: 398
Location: MORDOR

about wholesale price for LT1.. I already contact with 3 persons about it

It is not interesting. Because retail price is 37+2$ with shipping inside China. Wholesale price is almost the same Facepalm

Aliexpress price is 49$ (without batteries), from their site (sofirnlight) 57$ with batteries and international shipping

So, there is no reason to resell it with SunLike leds. Also they can not sell without pcs.

I think that they are not manufacturers, just resellers.

May be future project will be create my own SunLike flashlight based on cheap flashlight.. may be yes, may be no, who know..

BelMORDOR’s Ламповщик|Lampman
https://t.me/sunlikenews

Xylnas
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 01/13/2021 - 19:01
Posts: 52
Location: UK

SunLike wrote:
about wholesale price for LT1.. I already contact with 3 persons about it

It is not interesting. Because retail price is 37+2$ with shipping inside China. Wholesale price is almost the same Facepalm

Aliexpress price is 49$ (without batteries), from their site (sofirnlight) 57$ with batteries and international shipping

So, there is no reason to resell it with SunLike leds. Also they can not sell without pcs.

I think that they are not manufacturers, just resellers.

May be future project will be create my own SunLike flashlight based on cheap flashlight.. may be yes, may be no, who know..

Is that 37 + 2$ for each full LT1 or just the empty body with the intention to replace with your board?

I am definitely interested in a 2700k + 660nm DR LT1 board. I haven’t had any experience modifying lights before, how tricky would it be to swap the board out for a SunLike one?

SunLike
SunLike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 4 days ago
Joined: 11/05/2019 - 17:44
Posts: 398
Location: MORDOR

Xylnas wrote:
SunLike wrote:
about wholesale price for LT1.. I already contact with 3 persons about it

It is not interesting. Because retail price is 37+2$ with shipping inside China. Wholesale price is almost the same Facepalm

Aliexpress price is 49$ (without batteries), from their site (sofirnlight) 57$ with batteries and international shipping

So, there is no reason to resell it with SunLike leds. Also they can not sell without pcs.

I think that they are not manufacturers, just resellers.

May be future project will be create my own SunLike flashlight based on cheap flashlight.. may be yes, may be no, who know..

Is that 37 + 2$ for each full LT1 or just the empty body with the intention to replace with your board?

I am definitely interested in a 2700k + 660nm DR LT1 board. I haven’t had any experience modifying lights before, how tricky would it be to swap the board out for a SunLike one?


no, it is full set without batteries
solder 3 wires and change 4 screws + add thermal paste

BelMORDOR’s Ламповщик|Lampman
https://t.me/sunlikenews

Xylnas
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 01/13/2021 - 19:01
Posts: 52
Location: UK

SunLike wrote:
Xylnas wrote:
SunLike wrote:
about wholesale price for LT1.. I already contact with 3 persons about it

It is not interesting. Because retail price is 37+2$ with shipping inside China. Wholesale price is almost the same Facepalm

Aliexpress price is 49$ (without batteries), from their site (sofirnlight) 57$ with batteries and international shipping

So, there is no reason to resell it with SunLike leds. Also they can not sell without pcs.

I think that they are not manufacturers, just resellers.

May be future project will be create my own SunLike flashlight based on cheap flashlight.. may be yes, may be no, who know..

Is that 37 + 2$ for each full LT1 or just the empty body with the intention to replace with your board?

I am definitely interested in a 2700k + 660nm DR LT1 board. I haven’t had any experience modifying lights before, how tricky would it be to swap the board out for a SunLike one?


no, it is full set without batteries
solder 3 wires and change 4 screws + add thermal paste

Sounds great, I have placed an order for a 2700k + 660nm Red. Would be cool to put this in the red anodised body spoken about in the LT1R thread if that does end up being produced by Sofirn.

SunLike
SunLike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 4 days ago
Joined: 11/05/2019 - 17:44
Posts: 398
Location: MORDOR

You are 1st who ordered with red 660nm =)
p.s. actually I think that 3200k+660nm or 4000k+660nm will be best for me

BelMORDOR’s Ламповщик|Lampman
https://t.me/sunlikenews

Xylnas
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 01/13/2021 - 19:01
Posts: 52
Location: UK

Wow that’s surprising! I expected a lot of people to want warmer tints/red with the requests for 2200k and warmer!

With my current LT1, I much prefer the warmer white and have found myself keeping it at the warmest setting more often so I have no need for another lantern with cooler LED’s. I have enough torches for that purpose.

I would love to have a 2700k warm white into red for outdoor use late at night. Excited to see the project progress Smile

sixhundredmiles
sixhundredmiles's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 4 days ago
Joined: 06/21/2018 - 04:41
Posts: 10
Location: Bristol, UK

Following this with interest. I really wish my lantern could go significantly warmer than 2700k (ideally it’d be about 1900k-4000k) so I am interested to see the results of mixing red into 2700k. Maybe I should just order a board experimentally? it’s not terribly expensive after all…

Xylnas
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 01/13/2021 - 19:01
Posts: 52
Location: UK
sixhundredmiles wrote:
Following this with interest. I really wish my lantern could go significantly warmer than 2700k (ideally it’d be about 1900k-4000k) so I am interested to see the results of mixing red into 2700k. Maybe I should just order a board experimentally? it’s not terribly expensive after all…

These were my thoughts exactly, having a second purely warm LT1 would be excellent.

SunLike
SunLike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 4 days ago
Joined: 11/05/2019 - 17:44
Posts: 398
Location: MORDOR

I just ordered this flashlight on the aliexpress for only 38,5$ (reg price is 49$ + 2$ coupon frome seller + 5$ from aliexpress + sale discount) without batteries with international shipping Hat

I hope I will received it under 1 month Wink

BelMORDOR’s Ламповщик|Lampman
https://t.me/sunlikenews

Xylnas
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 01/13/2021 - 19:01
Posts: 52
Location: UK

SunLike wrote:
I just ordered this flashlight on the aliexpress for only 38,5$ (reg price is 49$ + 2$ coupon frome seller + 5$ from aliexpress + sale discount) without batteries with international shipping Hat

I hope I will received it under 1 month Wink

That’s a good price, I think I paid £52($72). Hopefully it is delivered quickly to you! Thumbs Up

PatX
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/05/2019 - 19:29
Posts: 37
Location: Bavaria

Interested!

Placed order for 3x boards Smile

SunLike
SunLike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 4 days ago
Joined: 11/05/2019 - 17:44
Posts: 398
Location: MORDOR

PatX wrote:
Interested!

Placed order for 3x boards Smile

nice Cash

I just sended paypal information to your email Hat

BelMORDOR’s Ламповщик|Lampman
https://t.me/sunlikenews

SunLike
SunLike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 4 days ago
Joined: 11/05/2019 - 17:44
Posts: 398
Location: MORDOR

Good news, everyone!


BelMORDOR’s Ламповщик|Lampman
https://t.me/sunlikenews

MtnDon
MtnDon's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 19 sec ago
Joined: 08/27/2015 - 18:25
Posts: 3910
Location: Canuk in NM
Thumbs Up
djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18072
Location: Amsterdam

Cool.
How do you like it? (apart from the absence of SunLike leds)

SunLike
SunLike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 4 days ago
Joined: 11/05/2019 - 17:44
Posts: 398
Location: MORDOR

djozz wrote:
Cool.
How do you like it? (apart from the absence of SunLike leds)

My 15M https://t.me/sunlikenews/633?single

Is Much better Silly

BelMORDOR’s Ламповщик|Lampman
https://t.me/sunlikenews

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18072
Location: Amsterdam

Can’t deny that is a very nice build Smile

SunLike
SunLike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 4 days ago
Joined: 11/05/2019 - 17:44
Posts: 398
Location: MORDOR


BelMORDOR’s Ламповщик|Lampman
https://t.me/sunlikenews

SunLike
SunLike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 4 days ago
Joined: 11/05/2019 - 17:44
Posts: 398
Location: MORDOR

BelMORDOR’s Ламповщик|Lampman
https://t.me/sunlikenews

SunLike
SunLike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 4 days ago
Joined: 11/05/2019 - 17:44
Posts: 398
Location: MORDOR

my Sofirn BLF LT1 with Samsung LH351D LEDs spectrums (<1% flickering in all modes) when cold body:
















BelMORDOR’s Ламповщик|Lampman
https://t.me/sunlikenews

Pages