Olight SR Mini Intimidator - GROUP BUY

but there is a little trick you can do to use flat top … I make it with the SR52.

Little magnets…

Going to be a bit of a party pooper and point out that one Amazon seller is offering this for only $4.00 over the group buy price so this is not much of a savings over the best alternative price that I could find. And of course that buy includes the Amazon guarantee plus the seller indicates that MOST items are in their USA warehouse though some ship from HK. No way apparently other than contacting them to find out which would be true of this light that I can tell.

I would also note that Turbo is a momentary function only per the description and that the minimum output of 200 Lumens is way too high IMO for many indoor uses.

What size magnets?

I use these http://www.fasttech.com/p/1140100

vinh put solder on my VTC5s, but I have quite a few more VTC5s waiting for the X60Mvn, guess even that needs button tops

All of the lights I have with drop-in battery holders work with either flat top or button top batteries. Also the VCT5 is an unprotected battery as I recall and the usual recommendation is to use protected batteries in lights with serial or serial/parallel battery arrangements. Read post 293 below in the X60 group buy thread.

Unless VN says different for a 10,000+ lumens light then I would follow the factory recommendation.

I’m new to the game, I’m using all IMR batteries, and I keep them grouped for each light…

IMRs are supposed to be safer chemistry but this is the BUDGET light forum and some budget lights do not have low voltage cutoff to prevent over discharging their batteries. On the other hand we are starting to see even some stock serial battery lights with too much current draw to use protected batteries so it is a matter of personal choice and the individual light.

Most higher end lights are regulated and I am not sure that there is much if any advantage to using high current unprotected batteries. If a particular light needs them then hopefully the information will be included with the light.

lower internal resistance of known high drain cells will deliver more current to your lights… and they are not more expensive than protected cells…its just my personal preference

According to posters with more than my experience that depends on the light circuitry as a well regulated light will give the same output until the battery voltage falls below the regulation circuits ability to hadle it. The Fenix TK 75 is such a light IIRC.

Looks interesting. Please PM price thanks.

I have used protected, but now only use unprotected.

Please PM me with price and code!

PM me price Please

is this GB still active? if yes, please pm code and price

I despise the SR Mini UI. There is no moonlight, there is no way to use turbo without holding down the switch, you have to double click to change modes. The switch feels like shit. I don’t know how Olight does so well with most of their UIs, but the SR Mini really pisses me off.

I tried one. turbo is worthless. why bother with a mode that requires holding down the button. the e35 is similar. I will pass

Well it’s incredibly small putting out 2800. Momentary turbo is a safety thing. I guess they could’ve used a turbo timer.