The 11th Annual Old Lumens challenge - Winners announced!

That sounds like a great idea, and a way to show your artistic, creative or decorating skills in a BLF way!

1 Thank

The mod category already allows all of these to be entered.

1 Thank

I think the Mod category would benefit from being sub-divided into specific categories. Doing so would also make it easier to attract more sponsors!

I would also be willing to help with either or both.

1 Thank

Is this meant to be a category where only cosmetic finish changes would be allowed? No other changes at all, otherwise this sort of thing is already allowed in the modified category as Hoop mentioned. For most, if not all, of these cosmetic changes, would not some mechanical skills be required to tear the light down and reassemble, to permit anodizing, baking, etc.?

1 Thank

@MtnDon

Let’s continue to use this existing thread to discuss the rules of the challenge:

Another question regarding this contest: How long should the evaluation of the individual builds and the nomination of the winner take? Should there be a community survey and if so, will this be included in the final evaluation? @The_OL_Contest

2 Thanks

I’ve asked the judges for their scoresheets back by the end of January, and I am still seeking judges. If any long time BLF members who are familiar with the Old-Lumens Challenge would like to volunteer to be a judge, your help would be appreciated. Please PM @Hoop.

There will be a people’s choice poll and it will be started soon.

2 Thanks

Hi guys, just wondering is there any update for the contest, and when can I expect the results of the competition to be announced?

5 Thanks

:+1:

3 Thanks

:+1:

4 Thanks

Congratulations to everyone who completed this year’s challenge.

This year’s challenge winners are:

Hand Made Category

Machine made category

Modified Light Category

MtnDon gets first choice of prize, followed by GorgTech, next Hunter-Jackson, next Koef3, next saltyboi6704, and so on. PMs incoming!

Here’s a group photo of this year’s builds:

9 Thanks

Congrats to the winners! :partying_face:

2 Thanks

Nice. Congrats to all

2 Thanks

Congratz to the winners and loads of respect. Only modders know how much effort, sweat and blood it takes.

Hats off :tophat: to every participant.

You are the spirit of this forum. A sincere Thank You!

3 Thanks

What a great honor! I really did like Koef3’s entry in the hand-made class too.

I will select the $200 CountyComm Gift Card as my prize. Thank you.

5 Thanks

Thank you for the great experience, it was a pleasure to join this contest.

I will select the NLIGHTD L1 LEP Flashlight as my prize. Thanks a lot!

4 Thanks

Thank you very much, Hoop. I am simply overjoyed with this opportunity, and glad the hard work has paid off for me.

I will go with Covnoy’s prize of a choice of any flash light. I have one in mind which will come in handy. Also, how do I claim it?

Again, thank you for your generosity.
Regards, ‘‘Jackson’’

3 Thanks

:+1: PM incoming.

1 Thank

Thank you for the contest and prices!

I will go for the ‘mystery throw light’ by Skylumen! (I lack a proper thrower :see_no_evil: )

Please give me an info how to claim it. :slight_smile:

3 Thanks