[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

19107 posts / 0 new
Last post
Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8566
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
Yokiamy wrote:
Edit; wrong thread The Q8 needs button top cells, but solder blobs do the job well (see Tom E his pictures above)

Giggles cell carriers have been updated with polarity protection. By default you will need button top cells or solder blobbed cells.

The protection can be removed if you truly want to use flat top cells and are willing to accept the risk though. Even I am going to leave it in place, it is just too easy to be absent minded and pop a cell in backwards without thinking.

Better to have a safety net in place just in case.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8566
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
Neal wrote:
maybe I can help,I can send the battery worldwide

Personally I would pick Panasonic GA’s for Giggles, they are my go to cells for everything. If you could arrange for these to be sent with the GT that would be great.

Neal
Neal's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 08/19/2014 - 01:55
Posts: 235
Location: China
Texas_Ace wrote:
Neal wrote:
maybe I can help,I can send the battery worldwide

Personally I would pick Panasonic GA’s for Giggles, they are my go to cells for everything. If you could arrange for these to be sent with the GT that would be great.

I found a new mail to US
they said a week to US, I sent several packages to US,waiting for result

bibihang
bibihang's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 11/10/2011 - 09:32
Posts: 2387
Location: Malaysia

Theodore41 wrote:
How many Lumens and Cds,would offer the XHP70.2?

Since nobody has tried this before so one could only guess. If the XHP70.2 is driven to 6000 lumens, I would say the the light could possibly produce 250~300kcd (1~1.1km). The throw is still impressive not to mention that with the 6000 lumens output it is just a different kind of monster. I used to owned one of these generic 85W HID flashlights purchased from Aliexpress and the throw is about 200kcd, so this BLF GT will beat these HID flashlights in every way despite that the GT has a much bigger reflector.

And with sliced dome, >400kcd maybe?

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8566
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

I was also thinking around 1000m of throw for the xhp70.2 but like you said, it is purely a guess at this point.

Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 min 52 sec ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 12391
Location: LI NY

My Convoy L6 with a XHP70.2 P2 3B and SMO reflector does 195 kcd, but pushed hard at about 18A and 8,200 lumens @30 secs, 9,000 @turn on. Driven at lower amps in a GT, would hope it would do at least 250 kcd.

DB Custom
DB Custom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 01/13/2013 - 22:28
Posts: 20362
Location: Heart of Texas

Fun, isn’t it Tom? Smile

Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 min 52 sec ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 12391
Location: LI NY

smile boy, after 30 secs in the PVC light box, it's freak'n hot! But if it ain't hot, it ain't fun!

Hhhmmm, just like my peppers. The Carolina Reapers are getting close now, many full size, just not red yet.

wimmer2121
wimmer2121's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/05/2017 - 11:22
Posts: 29
Location: Kentucky

What’s the latest timetable for this baby? I’m ready to pay! Cash

Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 min 52 sec ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 12391
Location: LI NY

wimmer2121 wrote:
What's the latest timetable for this baby? I'm ready to pay! $)

There's prep work in progress and Lumintop seems to be making it a priority, but I can't say what this means it terms of a time frame.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8566
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

The Test PM just went out to the team a few hours ago. Once all the back end stuff is sorted out on that we should be able to get the ball rolling on the down payment PM’s.

We are still waiting for the final pictures of the updates from lumintop before final approval, my guess is the prototype parts are in production and they will send the pictures once they are done.

nodoubt
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 10/23/2012 - 00:51
Posts: 412

this is worse than Christmas, when i was a kid…… Crazy Big Smile

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 10090
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3
cncyana wrote:
so that’s why people buy two of the same light.

Or what I usually do — one to use normally and one to use for development. Or one to keep stock and one to mod. Or one to use and one to give away. Or more than one just because the really good stuff doesn’t happen often and tends to only be available for a short time. It took me a long time to learn to buy more than one when I find something really special.

patmurris
patmurris's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 12/22/2014 - 15:54
Posts: 1417
Location: Nice, France
ToyKeeper wrote:
cncyana wrote:
so that’s why people buy two of the same light.

Or what I usually do — one to use normally and one to use for development. Or one to keep stock and one to mod. Or one to use and one to give away. Or more than one just because the really good stuff doesn’t happen often and tends to only be available for a short time. It took me a long time to learn to buy more than one when I find something really special.

Although i’ll remind myself all those possible justifications i would put it more simply: if the stuff is good, more then one is better then one. Of course that’s true of about anything if you can afford it. Facepalm

keengeorge
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/26/2014 - 01:04
Posts: 1819
Location: Australia

patmurris wrote:
ToyKeeper wrote:
cncyana wrote:
so that's why people buy two of the same light.
Or what I usually do -- one to use normally and one to use for development. Or one to keep stock and one to mod. Or one to use and one to give away. Or more than one just because the really good stuff doesn't happen often and tends to only be available for a short time. It took me a long time to learn to buy more than one when I find something really special.
Although i’ll remind myself all those possible justifications i would put it more simply: if the stuff is good, more then one is better then one. Of course that’s true of about anything if you can afford it. Facepalm

Yeah, but the problem is that I am running out of room for all my goodies  yell wink

I may build another house next to the current one. Problem temporarily solved.  tongue-out

EDIT: Decided to build another house AND to get rid of my family.  undecided tongue-outtongue-out

wimmer2121
wimmer2121's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/05/2017 - 11:22
Posts: 29
Location: Kentucky
Tom E wrote:

wimmer2121 wrote:
What’s the latest timetable for this baby? I’m ready to pay! Cash

There’s prep work in progress and Lumintop seems to be making it a priority, but I can’t say what this means it terms of a time frame.

Thanks Tom. Looking forward to this one. Here’s my credit card # for whenever it’s needed. 2121 2121 2121 2121 expiration 12/21

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8566
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

I posted an official review of Giggles here for anyone interested:

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/55976

I present you with Giggles, The ultimate LED thrower flashlight, from this point forward, you shall address it by it’s proper name. Blushing

eekazum
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 03/27/2016 - 21:11
Posts: 95
keengeorge wrote:

patmurris wrote:
ToyKeeper wrote:
cncyana wrote:
so that’s why people buy two of the same light.
Or what I usually do — one to use normally and one to use for development. Or one to keep stock and one to mod. Or one to use and one to give away. Or more than one just because the really good stuff doesn’t happen often and tends to only be available for a short time. It took me a long time to learn to buy more than one when I find something really special.
Although i’ll remind myself all those possible justifications i would put it more simply: if the stuff is good, more then one is better then one. Of course that’s true of about anything if you can afford it. Facepalm

Yeah, but the problem is that I am running out of room for all my goodies  yell wink


I may build another house next to the current one. Problem temporarily solved.  tongue-out


EDIT: Decided to build another house AND to get rid of my family.  undecided tongue-outtongue-out

Better build 2 houses and get rid of 2 families. “Temporarily” as a measure of time has a nasty habit of falling short… quite short of expectations.

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 28 min ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9908
Location: Charente France

MARK

AND list updated (core)

Now the test PMs worked, thanks so much to Mr.Scott and SB for doing it.

Quote:

SUCCESS: sent PM to user The Miller
SUCCESS: sent PM to user Tom E
SUCCESS: sent PM to user Mr.Scott
SUCCESS: sent PM to user sb56637
SUCCESS: sent PM to user Texas_Ace
ERROR: can not find user BogusUser
SUCCESS: sent PM to user MRsDNF
ERROR: can not find user Thijsco
SUCCESS: sent PM to user Fritz15
ERROR: can not find user TheMiller
ERROR: can not find user M4DM4X

all as expected, so with the new core list, and a PM sstem that is working, Neal begin ready to process all the PMs and payments, it should not be long now.
Of course topic title will be changed to indicate the sending, a list of how the sending went will be posted and list of BLFers who made the down payment will be made by Neal and posted too.

patmurris wrote:
@TheMiller
I asked to be on the list for one GT but don’t see my name on it.
See post 4336 on page 145.

Oh wow, spot 682 was empty, you should have been 681, really asy to correct this error
Wennn
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 02/09/2017 - 04:39
Posts: 88
Location: Singapore

Hype!

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 28 min ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9908
Location: Charente France

Wennn wrote:
Hype!

Oh gosh I SO hope there is no hype and people do thinfs based on real Info, it is one of the prime reasons to show the whole process and not do things like teasers .
We try to post info ASAP and clear, being open about flaws as well as the good stuff.
FmC
FmC's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/31/2013 - 05:23
Posts: 2194
Location: Brisbane, AU

I seem to have not got my name on the purchase list somehow.

Can I please be added to the list! Smile

Cheers Beer

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 28 min ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9908
Location: Charente France

yes will do next time list gets updated

mrheosuper
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 09/30/2016 - 12:44
Posts: 1494
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

how can i get “giggle” laser engraved on the light, like the one above
it made me GIGGLE Big Smile

Forgot my pen

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8566
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
mrheosuper wrote:
how can i get “giggle” laser engraved on the light, like the one above it made me GIGGLE Big Smile

I have accsess to a laser engraver locally but they are becoming more and more common. If you look around it is usually not that hard to get it done. Worst case you could send it off somewhere, since only the tube would need to be engraved it would not cost that much.

Only way we could get it done from the factory is if everyone was ok with it.

Personally I REALLY like how it looks, really adds life to the light if you ask me.

thijsco19
Offline
Last seen: 31 min 9 sec ago
Joined: 12/14/2012 - 16:18
Posts: 1331
Location: Nearby Rotterdam, the Netherlands

The miller, you can remove my name on spot 67. I only want one and that spot was from before I joined the team. (Forgot that I was holding a spot on the list)

So I guess I made someone happy. Big Smile

tatasal
Offline
Last seen: 52 min 17 sec ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 5268
Location: Far East

Will the final kcd typical to all lights of this monster be posted before we are given the go signal pm thereby starting the 5-day buy window?

The reason l am asking is, for me, being already an owner of much smaller, lighter 1.034mcd aspheric thrower, l would hopefully expect this light to exceed it handily to justify the purchase of this light.

Perhaps at least 1.2mcd as earlier mentioned?

Yokiamy
Yokiamy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 57 min 22 sec ago
Joined: 10/18/2016 - 15:47
Posts: 2006
Location: Netherlands

Thijsco, yes yo did! When my calculations are correct, that makes me #555 on the list!

  BLF

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8566
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

tatasal wrote:
Will the final kcd typical to all lights of this monster be posted before we are given the go signal pm thereby starting the 5-day buy window?

The reason l am asking is, for me, being already an owner of much smaller, lighter 1.034mcd aspheric thrower, l would hopefully expect this light to exceed it handily to justify the purchase of this light.

Perhaps at least 1.2mcd as earlier mentioned?

We will not know the exact throw until the final versions are ready. It should be over 1mcd, how much is hard to say.

The neutral tints of the production versions will also reduce the paper number readings on a lux meter even though they throw further in the real world.

With the improved reflector the production version should have, it could reach 1.2mcd if you swapped in a CW emitter just for the sake of numbers on paper but a reduction in real world throw. A dedomed xhp35 should also give some improvement if someone wanted.

We simply can’t say for sure one way or the other as we have not seen it for ourselves.

What we can say is that with the CW emitter the prototype did 1.1mcd. The reflector should be better in the finished version so that should lead to some level of improvement.

tatasal
Offline
Last seen: 52 min 17 sec ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 5268
Location: Far East

Texas_Ace wrote:
tatasal wrote:
Will the final kcd typical to all lights of this monster be posted before we are given the go signal pm thereby starting the 5-day buy window?

The reason l am asking is, for me, being already an owner of much smaller, lighter 1.034mcd aspheric thrower, l would hopefully expect this light to exceed it handily to justify the purchase of this light.

Perhaps at least 1.2mcd as earlier mentioned?

We will not know the exact throw until the final versions are ready. It should be over 1mcd, how much is hard to say.

The neutral tints of the production versions will also reduce the paper number readings on a lux meter even though they throw further in the real world.

With the improved reflector the production version should have, it could reach 1.2mcd if you swapped in a CW emitter just for the sake of numbers on paper but a reduction in real world throw. A dedomed xhp35 should also give some improvement if someone wanted.

We simply can’t say for sure one way or the other as we have not seen it for ourselves.

What we can say is that with the CW emitter the prototype did 1.1mcd. The reflector should be better in the finished version so that should lead to some level of improvement.

Nice…l will be waiting for it. Beer

Pages

Topic locked