OSRAM CSLNM1.TG 1mm, CSLPM1.TG 2mm, CULNM1.TG 1mm

912 posts / 0 new
Last post
EasyB
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 03/09/2016 - 15:24
Posts: 1704
Location: Ohio
Enderman wrote:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/kjPF4mV5SJZFDQwYA

That looks like a lens light. It rotates with a reflector.

ZozzV6
ZozzV6's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 12:19
Posts: 2324
Location: Near to my soldering iron.

I bring the popcorn.

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3965
Location: Vancouver, Canada
EasyB wrote:
Enderman wrote:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/kjPF4mV5SJZFDQwYA

That looks like a lens light. It rotates with a reflector.


This is a nitecore R40.
https://flashlight.nitecore.com/product/r40
It should be obvious from the beam pattern……
Enderman
Enderman's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3965
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Seriously, go try it yourself if you don’t believe me.
This is just simple optics.
Same for lenses and recoil reflectors.
It inverts the image (left side of LED is projected on right side, etc) but nothing rotates.

EasyB
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 03/09/2016 - 15:24
Posts: 1704
Location: Ohio
Enderman wrote:
EasyB wrote:
Enderman wrote:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/kjPF4mV5SJZFDQwYA

That looks like a lens light. It rotates with a reflector.


This is a nitecore R40.
https://flashlight.nitecore.com/product/r40
It should be obvious from the beam pattern……

You’re right that’s obviously a reflector beam. But that image of the LED you are referring to is not from the reflector; that is imaged directly from the LED. It’s completely independent of the reflector. It’s like the spill of the flashlight, not the beam. Move the pinhole near the outside edge of the reflector and you will see the images that actually make up the beam. You don’t really see it in your video because you only move the pinhole around close to the center where there is no reflecting surface.

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3965
Location: Vancouver, Canada

EasyB wrote:

You’re right that’s obviously a reflector beam. But that image of the LED you are referring to is not from the reflector; that is imaged directly from the LED. It’s completely independent of the reflector. It’s like the spill of the flashlight, not the beam. Move the pinhole near the outside edge of the reflector and you will see the images that actually make up the beam. You don’t really see it in your video because you only move the pinhole around close to the center where there is no reflecting surface.


The pinhole was moved from one edge of the reflector all the way to the other edge. It’s only a 36mm diameter reflector.
You can see the hotspot leaking from around the piece of paper near the end of the video, and you can see how the radius of that spot is about the same as the distance from the square to the center.

If it was direct light from the LED itself the square would be moving outside of that radius because it would be exiting at an angle.
Also the brightness of the square would be much dimmer, like the spill brightness, not anywhere close to the brightness of the hotspot.

Seriously, just try it yourself.
I don’t know why you have such a hard time believing it.

EasyB
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 03/09/2016 - 15:24
Posts: 1704
Location: Ohio

Enderman wrote:
EasyB wrote:

You’re right that’s obviously a reflector beam. But that image of the LED you are referring to is not from the reflector; that is imaged directly from the LED. It’s completely independent of the reflector. It’s like the spill of the flashlight, not the beam. Move the pinhole near the outside edge of the reflector and you will see the images that actually make up the beam. You don’t really see it in your video because you only move the pinhole around close to the center where there is no reflecting surface.


The pinhole was moved from one edge of the reflector all the way to the other edge. It’s only a 36mm diameter reflector.
You can see the hotspot leaking from around the piece of paper near the end of the video, and you can see how the radius of that spot is about the same as the distance from the square to the center.

If it was direct light from the LED itself the square would be moving outside of that radius because it would be exiting at an angle.
Also the brightness of the square would be much dimmer, like the spill brightness, not anywhere close to the brightness of the hotspot.

Seriously, just try it yourself.
I don’t know why you have such a hard time believing it.

Well this is like one of those divisive issues where each party is convinced he’s right despite the other’s argument. Luckily it’s one of those situations where it’s not a matter of opinion and only one of us is in fact right. I’ll give it to you that you are very sure of yourself even when you are wrong. I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing, but it might serve you well in life.

I don’t think you did actually move the pinhole across the whole reflector. Try it again farther away from the wall and you will see the two different images of the LED that make up the beam and the spill. The image you are talking about that didn’t rotate is just an image from the LED formed by the pinhole camera. When you are farther from the wall you will see that it is in fact the spill and not the beam.

Check out this classic thread. This is where I learned of the pinhole demonstration and there are some nice pics of some demonstrations.

Edit: I admit I don’t really understand the details of why the image rotates. While moving the pinhole 90 degrees (like from the north side to the east side of the reflector) the image of the die rotates 180 degrees, which is not what I expected. On the bright side, this is some more “simple optics” we can learn. Silly

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3965
Location: Vancouver, Canada

EasyB wrote:

Well this is like one of those divisive issues where each party is convinced he’s right despite the other’s argument. Luckily it’s one of those situations where it’s not a matter of opinion and only one of us is in fact right. I’ll give it to you that you are very sure of yourself even when you are wrong. I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing, but it might serve you well in life.

I don’t think you did actually move the pinhole across the whole reflector. Try it again farther away from the wall and you will see the two different images of the LED that make up the beam and the spill. The image you are talking about that didn’t rotate is just an image from the LED formed by the pinhole camera. When you are farther from the wall you will see that it is in fact the spill and not the beam.

Check out this classic thread. This is where I learned of the pinhole demonstration and there are some nice pics of some demonstrations.

Edit: I admit I don’t really understand the details of why the image rotates. While moving the pinhole 90 degrees (like from the north side to the east side of the reflector) the image of the die rotates 180 degrees, which is not what I expected. On the bright side, this is some more “simple optics” we can learn. Silly


Well shit, you were right.
I was looking at the light directly from the LED and not from the reflector.
Moving farther away made it clear that there were two die projections, one from the LED and one from the reflector.
And the one from the reflector does indeed rotate.
My bad!

Weirdly enough, it does not happen with my syniosbeam.
Even though it is still a reflector and simply the other half of a parabola, the LED is always right side up.

ZozzV6
ZozzV6's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 12:19
Posts: 2324
Location: Near to my soldering iron.

Convoy L6 results with 1 mm2 Osram

EasyB
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 03/09/2016 - 15:24
Posts: 1704
Location: Ohio

Enderman wrote:

Well shit, you were right.
I was looking at the light directly from the LED and not from the reflector.
Moving farther away made it clear that there were two die projections, one from the LED and one from the reflector.
And the one from the reflector does indeed rotate.
My bad!

Weirdly enough, it does not happen with my syniosbeam.
Even though it is still a reflector and simply the other half of a parabola, the LED is always right side up.

Smile That is interesting that your recoil light seems to behave differently.
Enderman
Enderman's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3965
Location: Vancouver, Canada

EasyB wrote:
Smile That is interesting that your recoil light seems to behave differently.
I guess it does make sense if you think about it, if you put a mirror behind something and move it around the object is always going to be upright.

If the mirror is between you and the object then it will rotate what you see depending on where the mirror is, like if its on the ground, or on the ceiling, or to the side.

nkresho
nkresho's picture
Offline
Last seen: 27 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 11/26/2017 - 20:36
Posts: 232
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
ZozzV6 wrote:
Convoy L6 results with 1 mm2 Osram

Which driver did you go with? I was planning on using the l2 as my 1×1mm host, instead of the l6, just because its easier to get the l4p driver working right in it. I’d I could get the eswitch working in the l6 with 3v at about 5a, that would be way better, and slightly larger reflector.

ZozzV6
ZozzV6's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 12:19
Posts: 2324
Location: Near to my soldering iron.

nkresho wrote:

Which driver did you go with? I was planning on using the l2 as my 1×1mm host, instead of the l6, just because its easier to get the l4p driver working right in it. I’d I could get the eswitch working in the l6 with 3v at about 5a, that would be way better, and slightly larger reflector.

Texas avenger 3 channel LDO modified to 1S removed LDO and with Andúril firmware I setted ramp max where a fully charged battery making the most lumens. Removed spring bypasses, using long 22 AWG wires to led Not using turbo because it give too much amps to led. Reflector bottom need grinding to fit wires and not using centering ring.
nkresho
nkresho's picture
Offline
Last seen: 27 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 11/26/2017 - 20:36
Posts: 232
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Thanks. Pretty close to what I figured, but was hoping you found something eswitch and regulated. I was hoping to not use extra external resistance to keep the current low.

Ill try the first one in an l2 host with my inbound l4p driver and see what it does, maybe even measure with the l6 reflector loosely fitted.

HONDARIDER
HONDARIDER's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 04/22/2018 - 11:45
Posts: 903
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas

Anyone have any good results with the (2mm2) Osram emmiters? Just recieved a couple but am unsure what I’m going to put them in.

DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 7671
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA

HONDARIDER wrote:
Anyone have any good results with the (2mm2) Osram emmiters? Just recieved a couple but am unsure what I’m going to put them in.

Since they are rectangular instead of square, maybe a headlamp or bike lamp using a wide angle lens? The beam would then still be super tight in vertical orientation and super wide horizontal. Cool

The Cycle of Goodness: “No one prospers without rendering benefit to others”
- The YKK Philosophy

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3965
Location: Vancouver, Canada

DavidEF wrote:

Since they are rectangular instead of square, maybe a headlamp or bike lamp using a wide angle lens? The beam would then still be super tight in vertical orientation and super wide horizontal. Cool

They are not really very rectangular, it’s pretty close to square.
In a reflector it still makes a round spot, so have anything noticeably wider than taller you would need a lens, and even then it’s still pretty square.
DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 7671
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA

Enderman wrote:
DavidEF wrote:

Since they are rectangular instead of square, maybe a headlamp or bike lamp using a wide angle lens? The beam would then still be super tight in vertical orientation and super wide horizontal. Cool

They are not really very rectangular, it’s pretty close to square.
In a reflector it still makes a round spot, so have anything noticeably wider than taller you would need a lens, and even then it’s still pretty square.

Yes, but if you do use a wide angle lens meant for bike lights and such, and orient the slightly rectangular die in the same orientation, it should make an even more interesting beam shape than the lens would make with a truly square die. Add to that the fact of this particular die being such high intensity for throw, and you get something very special indeed! Wink

The Cycle of Goodness: “No one prospers without rendering benefit to others”
- The YKK Philosophy

Th558
Th558's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 01/30/2016 - 16:19
Posts: 466
Location: United Kingdom

So is the XPL HI dead now?

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3965
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Th558 wrote:
So is the XPL HI dead now?

For intensity yeah.
It does have higher efficiency and lower colour temperatures though for people that want that.
djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 8 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 15960
Location: Amsterdam

Enderman wrote:
Th558 wrote:
So is the XPL HI dead now?

For intensity yeah.
It does have higher efficiency and lower colour temperatures though for people that want that.

I changed the 2mm2 white flat (so not the throwier 1mm2 version that has a bit too low output I think for this light) in my mini-GT for a dedomed XP-G2 3D because of the much better tint, I do not like the very cool tint. It costed me just 15kcd.

The XP-L Hi comes in many tints but I was unfortunate to never have found a tint that was really great.

Th558
Th558's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 01/30/2016 - 16:19
Posts: 466
Location: United Kingdom

The GT mini has a FET 4.5A driver. Does this mean it’s direct drive or constant current? I want to use this led but don’t know if the stock driver will work.

contactcr
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 2845
Location: US

Direct Drive. The XP-L HI it uses wont draw as much current as these two LEDs. You can use low drain batteries if you really want to do it

BurningPlayd0h
BurningPlayd0h's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 06/22/2018 - 02:16
Posts: 833
Location: MN
Th558 wrote:
The GT mini has a FET 4.5A driver. Does this mean it’s direct drive or constant current? I want to use this led but don’t know if the stock driver will work.

I don’t know where you read that the driver outputs “4.5A” but the whole point of a FET is that it will pull basically all the current the battery can provide (minus the resistance of the circuit in the host and driver).

-X3-
-X3-'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 min 36 sec ago
Joined: 07/16/2014 - 03:28
Posts: 2722
Location: France, Angers
BurningPlayd0h wrote:
Th558 wrote:
The GT mini has a FET 4.5A driver. Does this mean it’s direct drive or constant current? I want to use this led but don’t know if the stock driver will work.

I don’t know where you read that the driver outputs “4.5A” but the whole point of a FET is that it will pull basically all the current the battery can provide (minus the resistance of the circuit in the host and driver).


The first announcement of the Mini-GT was about a 4,5A FET driver…

GT-Mini User Manual

Quote:
17 W, 4.5 A regulated buck driver with conversion efficiency that exceeds 90%. Parasitic drain while OFF is ~27 μA.

"-X3-, is there any place in your house without a flashlight ?" 

My Flashlight public album (mods, emitter swaps, eye candy)

My reviews channel (French language, Olight, Thorfire, Sofirn, Lumintop : 60+ lights tested)

My personal channel (including Olight SR mini, S1, S2, S1A and S-mini disassembly)

M4DM4X blog, saves you $$$ 

Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 5721
Location: the Hague, Netherlands

I don’t think you’ll get 4.5 Amperes with a buck driver on an XP-L (HI).

2Q19

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 27 min 14 sec ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 7674
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

Fooling around using a Osram White Flat vs a Ledil Seanna optic and a MF04s reflector



Big Smile

 

already member of M4DM4X.com ?

the best deals are waiting for YOU!

 

before you buy elsewhere mail me: MARTIN@M4DM4X.COM - i will try to save you money!

DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 7671
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA

Wow. That looks nice in the MF04S reflector!

The Cycle of Goodness: “No one prospers without rendering benefit to others”
- The YKK Philosophy

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 5477
Location: Germany

With 2 18350 its possible to use my Buck driver regulated

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 27 min 14 sec ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 7674
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

unfortunately I only have a GT  and a MF04S

I cannot kill one of them...

 

already member of M4DM4X.com ?

the best deals are waiting for YOU!

 

before you buy elsewhere mail me: MARTIN@M4DM4X.COM - i will try to save you money!

Pages