OSRAM CSLNM1.TG 1mm, CSLPM1.TG 2mm, CULNM1.TG 1mm

873 posts / 0 new
Last post
EasyB
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 03/09/2016 - 15:24
Posts: 1679
Location: Ohio
Lexel wrote:
EasyB wrote:
DavidEF wrote:
Yikes! EasyB, please be careful with that thing! Shocked

Ha, well actually it was not the safest setup. I was not thinking quite enough and put the resistor on the positive side of the LED which left the possibility of shorting the battery if the anodization wore through at the head and at the battery tube-to-head threads.

I shortened the resistor some and put it on the negative side to reduce the shorting risk. Start current with the same charged 30Q is now 7.0A which should get me an extra 8% or so of output. Ceiling bounce test puts it at very approximately 1400 lumens OTF (83% of a dedomed XPL V6 at 6A from a EE X6).

I use a Tondaj LX 1010B lux meter.

1700 OTF lumens from a dedomed XPL cant be right

You’re probably right. Maybe it’s more like 1500-1600 djozz lumens. In any case the performance of this CSLPM1 is great.

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 50 min 5 sec ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 15678
Location: Amsterdam

If only measuring light was as straightforward, accurate and cheap as measuring voltage….

Snoman002
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 12/03/2018 - 19:35
Posts: 94
Location: U. S.

Happened across the fact that OSRAM recently listed a monochrome green CSLNM1. F1 on their site. I expect that monochromatic LEDs are not typically desired but it should be noted it maxes out at 560 lumens, 160 lumens over the CSLNM1.tg.

Anybody want to buy in on the 1000 min order? I’m in for 3 or 4…

Sirius9
Sirius9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 03/04/2012 - 19:23
Posts: 4548
Location: South Europe

Snoman002 wrote:
Happened across the fact that OSRAM recently listed a monochrome green CSLNM1. F1 on their site. …

Anybody want to buy in on the 1000 min order? I’m in for 3 or 4…

Link please.
I’ll take 20-30pcs.

 

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 50 min 5 sec ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 15678
Location: Amsterdam

Osram announced a few months ago that they improved the efficiency of their green leds with 40 (!) %. This may be one of those.

Edit: it is listed at Mouser and RS but both show no stock.

Edit2: looking at the datasheet: it is not a real green led but a phosfor-converted green, far from monochromatic.

Snoman002
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 12/03/2018 - 19:35
Posts: 94
Location: U. S.

Sirius9 wrote:
Snoman002 wrote:
Happened across the fact that OSRAM recently listed a monochrome green CSLNM1. F1 on their site. …

Anybody want to buy in on the 1000 min order? I’m in for 3 or 4…

Link please.
I’ll take 20-30pcs.

https://www.osram.com/os/ecat/OSRAM%20OSTAR%C2%AE%20Projection%20Compact...

Snoman002
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 12/03/2018 - 19:35
Posts: 94
Location: U. S.

djozz wrote:
Osram announced a few months ago that they improved the efficiency of their green leds with 40 (!) %. This may be one of those.

Edit: it is listed at Mouser and RS but both show no stock.

Edit2: looking at the datasheet: it is not a real green led but a phosfor-converted green, far from monochromatic.

Oh, apparently I learned something I didn’t know, I assumed monochrome was simply single color. I What is the difference between monochrome and converted? Effective difference as I somewhat understand the phosphor converted. I expect it is the spike in wavelength in the blue freq…

On a separate note, with it being phosphor converted will a RTL collar work with these?

Sirius9
Sirius9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 03/04/2012 - 19:23
Posts: 4548
Location: South Europe

Thanks for the link.
I could not find what is the wavelength of emitted light in their datasheet!!!

 

Snoman002
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 12/03/2018 - 19:35
Posts: 94
Location: U. S.
Sirius9 wrote:
Thanks for the link. I could not find what is the wavelength of emitted light in their datasheet!!!

Good point. Their spectral plot shows it peaking just below 525nm and the top of the curve spreading between 525 and 550,but they don’t bin them. In fact the only “bin” they list is “A” and they only associate that against brightness bin 5P

Anthon
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2015 - 10:33
Posts: 542

how is the beam in the 2mm^2 version? I see the die is rectangular, I wanted to use it in a C8 host but I don’t know if the beam is going to be right or this led should be used only with aspherical lens

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 50 min 5 sec ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 15678
Location: Amsterdam

You will not notice anything different in the beam when the 2mm2 Flat White is used in a reflector light.

polarweis
polarweis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 13 hours ago
Joined: 05/31/2017 - 17:05
Posts: 364

the sofirn c8t driver can be bought from sofirn store on ali. its max 4.5 amp according to them.
Is there a reason this wouldnt work?
its pwm tho so regulated should be better right?

"It wouldn’t be so bright if there wasn’t a shadow every once in a while." - Jason Mraz

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 34 min 53 sec ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 5280
Location: Germany
polarweis wrote:
the sofirn c8t driver can be bought from sofirn store on ali. its max 4.5 amp according to them. Is there a reason this wouldnt work? its pwm tho so regulated should be better right? !{height:400px; width:400px}https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1PQpcgtXXWeJjSZFvq6y6lpXau/Sofirn-New-C8A-...LED-Driver-Chip-mode-memory.jpg_640×640.jpg!

this is still a DD driver so no regulation at all, just their main Mosfet sucks so bad it has limit the current a bit, but not with ultra low Vf LEDs

polarweis
polarweis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 13 hours ago
Joined: 05/31/2017 - 17:05
Posts: 364
Lexel wrote:
polarweis wrote:
the sofirn c8t driver can be bought from sofirn store on ali. its max 4.5 amp according to them. Is there a reason this wouldnt work? its pwm tho so regulated should be better right? !{height:400px; width:400px}https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1PQpcgtXXWeJjSZFvq6y6lpXau/Sofirn-New-C8A-...LED-Driver-Chip-mode-memory.jpg_640×640.jpg!

this is still a DD driver so no regulation at all, just their main Mosfet sucks so bad it has limit the current a bit, but not with ultra low Vf LEDs

Ow oke thanks for the response. I already ordered some 7135s so i guess my soldering skills will be called upon Wink

"It wouldn’t be so bright if there wasn’t a shadow every once in a while." - Jason Mraz

smokuxx1987
smokuxx1987's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 01/21/2017 - 18:23
Posts: 158
Location: Poland

MF04 on Osram 2mm² vs stock

LouieAtienza
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/17/2018 - 15:15
Posts: 593
Location: New York
smokuxx1987 wrote:
MF04 on Osram 2mm² vs stock !{width:70%}https://i.imgur.com/8AtD9PQ.jpg!

NICE!

Theodore41
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 02/20/2016 - 12:57
Posts: 938
Location: Athens Greece.

smokuxx1987 wrote:
MF04 on Osram 2mm² vs stock
!{width:70%}https://i.imgur.com/8AtD9PQ.jpg!

Which is which please?
Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 57 min 14 sec ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3960
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Theodore41 wrote:

Which is which please?

Osram has cooler tint and tighter/sharper beam, not as fuzzy.
Theodore41
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 02/20/2016 - 12:57
Posts: 938
Location: Athens Greece.

Thank you Enderman.
Edit.
What about data-throw?

smokuxx1987
smokuxx1987's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 01/21/2017 - 18:23
Posts: 158
Location: Poland

Osram on left, stock on right.
In real stock is more warm than on the picture and Osram is less blue.
T:2s ISO 200 F: 4
I didn’t measured throw.
Yesterday was foggy.
From 5m osram has a hole inside the beam.
I guess the correct distance to measure is around 25 m.

ZozzV6
ZozzV6's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 8 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 12:19
Posts: 2300
Location: Near to my soldering iron.

smokuxx1987 wrote:

From 5m osram has a hole inside the beam.
I guess the correct distance to measure is around 25 m.

You are right! Thumbs Up
I measured osram led lights and GT xhp35HI version at 15, 20, 25m
If you have a hole in the beam at 5, 10m in MF04 with osram you are close to good focus. From the image I think it is perfectly dialed in.
-X3-
-X3-'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 45 min 53 sec ago
Joined: 07/16/2014 - 03:28
Posts: 2708
Location: France, Angers

Should any thrower have a hole in the beam at short distance ?
I still didn’t succeed dialing my Emisar D1 with Black Flat correctly … only 60kCd

"-X3-, is there any place in your house without a flashlight ?" 

My Flashlight public album (mods, emitter swaps, eye candy)

My reviews channel (French language, Olight, Thorfire, Sofirn, Lumintop : 60+ lights tested)

My personal channel (including Olight SR mini, S1, S2, S1A and S-mini disassembly)

M4DM4X blog, saves you $$$ 

Pöbel
Pöbel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 02/14/2013 - 08:27
Posts: 228
Location: Germany

Actually yes, the beam needs some distance to fully form. But depending on the light this can be only a couple of centimeters.

The_Driver
The_Driver's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 10/20/2016 - 05:51
Posts: 1402
Location: Germany
X3 wrote:
Should any thrower have a hole in the beam at short distance ? I still didn’t succeed dialing my Emisar D1 with Black Flat correctly … only 60kCd

Yes.

The distance in which the hole dissappears depends on the relation of the diameter of the reflector to the size of the LED. The bigger it is, the longer the distance.

I documented my experiences regarding this topic here and did some simulations here and here (in German).

twisted raven
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 03/13/2016 - 11:10
Posts: 457
Location: texas

All focused lights should have a hole in their beam at close range. Even small edc type lights will have a donut-hole hotspot in the first couple of inches of their beam. Super throwers will have this hole for many meters.

contactcr
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 2616
Location: US

I wish someone would make a new thread solely about focusing thrower LEDs with steps, tips and best practices. It’s one of those things people talk about but never in detail. When I made a thread about how crappy my spring bypasses were everyone chimed in and I think it was very helpful basic topic (to me) to rehash after so long.

polarweis
polarweis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 13 hours ago
Joined: 05/31/2017 - 17:05
Posts: 364

This is around 30cm from the wall with convoy c8 and 7mm gasket from int outdoor.
IMG-20190201-161805
IMG-20190201-161751

This is around 1 meter from wall with c8. I didnt sand anything down just aiming at the ceiling unscrew the reflector a bit and tightening it again till best centering is found. At 3.05 amp this led is already insane in a c8.

"It wouldn’t be so bright if there wasn’t a shadow every once in a while." - Jason Mraz

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 57 min 14 sec ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3960
Location: Vancouver, Canada

contactcr wrote:
I wish someone would make a new thread solely about focusing thrower LEDs with steps, tips and best practices. It’s one of those things people talk about but never in detail. When I made a thread about how crappy my spring bypasses were everyone chimed in and I think it was very helpful basic topic (to me) to rehash after so long.

This applies to all LEDs, not just throwers.
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/55428
contactcr
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 2616
Location: US
Enderman wrote:
contactcr wrote:
I wish someone would make a new thread solely about focusing thrower LEDs with steps, tips and best practices. It’s one of those things people talk about but never in detail. When I made a thread about how crappy my spring bypasses were everyone chimed in and I think it was very helpful basic topic (to me) to rehash after so long.
This applies to all LEDs, not just throwers. http://budgetlightforum.com/node/55428

Thanks, exactly what I was hoping for. I replied with a few questions. On paper this seems like a much more practical solution than eyeballing or messing with a lux meter at too close range.

ZozzV6
ZozzV6's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 8 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 12:19
Posts: 2300
Location: Near to my soldering iron.

X3 wrote:
Should any thrower have a hole in the beam at short distance ?
I still didn’t succeed dialing my Emisar D1 with Black Flat correctly … only 60kCd

D1 reflector is not good enough for black or white flat. It is only good for larger leds like XP-L HI. Me also only got around 60kcd with white flat. You can’t focus it better.

Pages