OSRAM KW CSLNM1.TG (1mm2) & Osram KW CSLPM1.TG (2mm2)

734 posts / 0 new
Last post
twisted raven
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 03/13/2016 - 11:10
Posts: 355
Location: texas

Has anybody else in the US got their White Flats from LED4power yet?

kikkoman
kikkoman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 05/03/2012 - 08:08
Posts: 208
Location: Austria
Lux-Perpetua wrote:

Has anyone got an idea how to pimp this driver to 4 amps?


http://kaidomain.com/Flashlight-DIY-and-Tools/Circuit-Board-Driver-Board/P2500-20mm-3V-9V-2_8A-1-cell-or-2-cells-5-Mode-Driver-Circuit-Board

It’s a Qx9920 buck controller with a Vfb of 250 mV. Lowering the sense resistance to around 60mR should give you 4A.
There is some overhead as described in p.7 of the datasheet, you’d have to measure C_off for exact values.
http://www.dianyuan.com/upload/community/2015/03/27/1427442373-56499.pdf

But I’m not sure if the FET is up to the task, can’t find anything with that marking (00A? OOA?).

Quote:

Maybe this one could be another alternative to the LD25, LD29 (Convoy L2 driver), Neven’s LD4A and the Convoy Biscotti driver with stacked AMCs?

I don’t see the circuitry necessary for true CC as advertised. It’s probably just a buck with the output PWMed.

Lfatman
Lfatman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 04/20/2015 - 11:17
Posts: 197
Location: Salamanca (Spain)

Lfatman wrote:

560KCd in short Maxtoch SN6×-2X with 4A LD-2 driver.

I was wrong. SN6×-2X is using a 6A LD-2 driver. I’m sorry.
I am reading 5,2A at the tail (left)

4A LD-2 driver was used in a Tiablo A10G. With white flat at 3,8A I get 282KCd (right)

mdeni
mdeni's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 08/06/2016 - 05:17
Posts: 271
Location: Europe

Just ordered one for my Uniquefire 1405. Will post results in a month Sad when it gets here.

led4power
led4power's picture
Offline
Last seen: 55 min 15 sec ago
Joined: 12/29/2012 - 09:48
Posts: 1161
Location: Croatia,EU

Shipping time within EU is few days (from 1-10 in 95% of cases), depending on country and their post offices/customs, definitely not a month.

nkresho
nkresho's picture
Offline
Last seen: 29 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 11/26/2017 - 20:36
Posts: 222
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
twisted raven wrote:
Has anybody else in the US got their White Flats from LED4power yet?

Mine shipped 10/22. I’m not nearly antsy yet.

So used to shipping from China. I might forget I ordered them. Ooh surprise!!! Lol

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3928
Location: Vancouver, Canada

How do you know when it shipped?
Do you get an email saying it shipped?

I only got an email saying that the order is ‘complete’ 10 days ago, and haven’t heard anything since.
Hopefully that means it was sent out.

twisted raven
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 03/13/2016 - 11:10
Posts: 355
Location: texas

Yeah same here just the order complete email. As long as it shipped I’m cool.

nottawhackjob
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 day ago
Joined: 01/07/2013 - 14:13
Posts: 937

So if one were to direct drive a dedomed XPG2 S4 2B and then taking the same battery (also fully charged) and direct drive the Osram KW, which would have higher lux?

“In many things in order to truly understand the small picture you have to understand the big picture first.”

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3928
Location: Vancouver, Canada

twisted raven wrote:
Yeah same here just the order complete email. As long as it shipped I’m cool.
Thumbs Up
Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3928
Location: Vancouver, Canada

nottawhackjob wrote:
So if one were to direct drive a dedomed XPG2 S4 2B and then taking the same battery (also fully charged) and direct drive the Osram KW, which would have higher lux?

The white flat because it has much lower forward voltage.
Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 5721
Location: the Hague, Netherlands

Lux-Perpetua wrote:

Has anyone got an idea how to pimp this driver to 4 amps?


http://kaidomain.com/Flashlight-DIY-and-Tools/Circuit-Board-Driver-Board/P2500-20mm-3V-9V-2_8A-1-cell-or-2-cells-5-Mode-Driver-Circuit-Board


Maybe this one could be another alternative to the LD25, LD29 (Convoy L2 driver), Neven’s LD4A and the Convoy Biscotti driver with stacked AMCs?


Hmmm… Very small inductor for a 100µH..
That will probably be a bottle neck, will get hot.
Tiny FETs too.. Could be okay though.
You can slap another R160 sense resistor on top of the R160’s (which are probably parallel) to up the current.

2Q19

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 3702
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain

Lux-Perpetua wrote:
Has anyone got an idea how to pimp this driver to 4 amps?

http://kaidomain.com/Flashlight-DIY-and-Tools/Circuit-Board-Driver-Board/P2500-20mm-3V-9V-2_8A-1-cell-or-2-cells-5-Mode-Driver-Circuit-Board

Maybe this one could be another alternative to …

PoS driver. Its sense voltage is ridiculously high, Vsense = Idrive × Rsense = 2.8A × 0.08Ω = 224mV, which is awful. Stand aside… Facepalm

 

Cheers Party 

led4power
led4power's picture
Offline
Last seen: 55 min 15 sec ago
Joined: 12/29/2012 - 09:48
Posts: 1161
Location: Croatia,EU

Enderman wrote:
How do you know when it shipped? Do you get an email saying it shipped? I only got an email saying that the order is 'complete' 10 days ago, and haven't heard anything since. Hopefully that means it was sent out.

"Completed" means shipped, and if you chose registered mail, tracking number should be also mentioned it that mail.

Redlyne22
Redlyne22's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 17 min ago
Joined: 12/25/2017 - 07:02
Posts: 128
Location: United States

Ordered 5 of them.4 are immediately going into a (jetbeam T6) with the stock driver.

I’ll post results in this thread in about 2 weeks. Anyone wanna take a guess what 4 OW,s will do in a 80mm ish T6 housing, Lux wise?

I just finished installing a the older Olsen flat black with MTN fet driver running 2P pani/3400 in a astrolux MF02. As far as hot spot intensity goes. It seems more intense then my BLF GT on a white wall 100 yards away. Going bonkers with properly centering this tiny led. Anyone wanna guess what this light will do, lux wise? once i get it properly centered? The MF02 reflecter is a fairly ringy and simply a poor quality reflector. So I’m not expecting anything amazing here.

Sometimes being a newb is the best part of a hobbie

luminarium iaculator
luminarium iaculator's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 24 min ago
Joined: 07/07/2013 - 09:09
Posts: 2276
Location: X
Enderman wrote:
nottawhackjob wrote:
So if one were to direct drive a dedomed XPG2 S4 2B and then taking the same battery (also fully charged) and direct drive the Osram KW, which would have higher lux?
The white flat because it has much lower forward voltage.

No… Enderman is not quite right here.

The answer is it depends on used battery. Anything in Samsung INR30Q class is not good for White Flat cause they will pull from 7-8A in DD mode significantly downgrading lux performance.

With White Flat you want to stay somewhere at 5.5-5.8A current draw. So use Sany GA, LGBD1, or any other low current cell that will not pull more than 6A out of emitter.

Modding is making something how you want it to be, not how it comes stock...

Old-Lumens

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2148

I thought 4.5A is the sweetest?

cool i'll see you when you get there

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 38 min 10 sec ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 15184
Location: Amsterdam

DENGOH wrote:
I thought 4.5A is the sweetest?

It depends on how good your heat path is. If your reflow is done well with enough but as little as possible solder, on a DTP board that is thermally well mounted on a good heatsinked flashlight body, then 5.5A to 6A may be the sweetspot. But if everything is less perfect, this led (small die, high heat) is very finicky about that and will have its maximum performance at lower current.
Anthon
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2015 - 10:33
Posts: 509

bought 3 of these leds from Led4power

put one in my 2016 cometa

meters went from 800 to 1216m, it’s like a laser!!

measured 4.5A at the tail

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2148

djozz wrote:
DENGOH wrote:
I thought 4.5A is the sweetest?

It depends on how good your heat path is. If your reflow is done well with enough but as little as possible solder, on a DTP board that is thermally well mounted on a good heatsinked flashlight body, then 5.5A to 6A may be the sweetspot. But if everything is less perfect, this led (small die, high heat) is very finicky about that and will have its maximum performance at lower current.

Thanks djozz. Is there other test chart done by you or others? I think we should update first post with link or chart.

cool i'll see you when you get there

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 38 min 10 sec ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 15184
Location: Amsterdam

I only know of my own test and led4power’s test, and they are both in the OP.

Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 5721
Location: the Hague, Netherlands

DENGOH wrote:
I thought 4.5A is the sweetest?

To me, judging by the graphs i’ve seen, it seems to be the maximum reasonable current.
Above that you hardly gain any output.
It will age the LED faster and mainly more heat will be produced.
Vf will also be higher.
The difference between 850 and 950 Lumen is not worth it i.m.h.o.

2Q19

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 38 min 10 sec ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 15184
Location: Amsterdam

Jerommel wrote:
DENGOH wrote:
I thought 4.5A is the sweetest?

To me, judging by the graphs i’ve seen, it seems to be the maximum reasonable current.
Above that you hardly gain any output.
It will age the LED faster and mainly more heat will be produced.
Vf will also be higher.
The difference between 800 and 900 Lumen is not worth it i.m.h.o.

Except that this led is exclusively about throw. It has no great tint, a low CRI, a bad efficiency compared to bigger die leds. The reason to use this led is throw, also that last bit, and you want to be as close to max as you can without killing the led.
The_Driver
The_Driver's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 2 sec ago
Joined: 10/20/2016 - 05:51
Posts: 1366
Location: Germany
djozz wrote:
Jerommel wrote:
DENGOH wrote:
I thought 4.5A is the sweetest?
To me, judging by the graphs i’ve seen, it seems to be the maximum reasonable current. Above that you hardly gain any output. It will age the LED faster and mainly more heat will be produced. Vf will also be higher. The difference between 800 and 900 Lumen is not worth it i.m.h.o.
Except that this led is exclusively about throw. It has no great tint, a low CRI, a bad efficiency compared to bigger die leds. The reason to use this led is throw, also that last bit, and you want to be as close to max as you can without killing the led.

You should only do this if you only use it for a few seconds at a time or the flashlight is very large and never gets warm/hot. As soon as the flashlight becomes warm, the LED will overheat when driven at it’s absolute max (who’s was measured when cool).

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 38 min 10 sec ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 15184
Location: Amsterdam

In my kind of led-test the led was already pretty much warmed up when arriving at max. But my tests give no clue whatsoever about the lifetime of the led.

Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 5721
Location: the Hague, Netherlands

I get the dragster attitude, i get the fun of that, but it’s just not my attitude.
I want my lights to be able to work on full output for a long time, and if possible, with decent efficiency.
With this low Vf of the ‘White Flat’ this can be achieved while still having amazing throw.
I will not win the light meter candela race, but i wonder if the difference between 850 and 950 Lumen will be noticeable by human eyes.
In fact, i’m thinking about running them at 4 Amperes maximum actually.
It will have to wait for now though, i’m busy with the BLF scratch build.

2Q19

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 3702
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain

Leave them alone burning down their white flats Jerommel, some folks here seem to be adamant devotees of their MOSFET DD misdrivers.

 

Cheers Smile 

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3928
Location: Vancouver, Canada

led4power wrote:

“Completed” means shipped, and if you chose registered mail, tracking number should be also mentioned it that mail.


Ah thanks!
nottawhackjob
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 day ago
Joined: 01/07/2013 - 14:13
Posts: 937
luminarium iaculator wrote:
Enderman wrote:
nottawhackjob wrote:
So if one were to direct drive a dedomed XPG2 S4 2B and then taking the same battery (also fully charged) and direct drive the Osram KW, which would have higher lux?
The white flat because it has much lower forward voltage.

No… Enderman is not quite right here.

The answer is it depends on used battery. Anything in Samsung INR30Q class is not good for White Flat cause they will pull from 7-8A in DD mode significantly downgrading lux performance.

With White Flat you want to stay somewhere at 5.5-5.8A current draw. So use Sany GA, LGBD1, or any other low current cell that will not pull more than 6A out of emitter.

LOL Thumbs Up

Well this is watt I was alluding to in this intently “loaded” question and I was waiting to see watt replies if any it generated. Yes the latest version Osram KW has higher lux than XPG2 but with caveats. And they are significant caveats in an ever more popular FET driver world. Osram may improve the KW’s current handling abilities in the future and when that happens well it’ll definitely without caveats be The King.

Past certain amps the dedomed XPG2 S4 2B today is still King IMO. Butt let’s face it. LEP technology currently lux surpasses all LEDs out there with all 1:1 input factors considered. And the thing is it still has room to improve. Shocked

“In many things in order to truly understand the small picture you have to understand the big picture first.”

luminarium iaculator
luminarium iaculator's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 24 min ago
Joined: 07/07/2013 - 09:09
Posts: 2276
Location: X
Barkuti wrote:

Leave them alone burning down their white flats Jerommel, some folks here seem to be adamant devotees of their MOSFET DD misdrivers.


 


Cheers Smile 

LOL Big Smile anti MOFSET propaganda Big Smile

Guys this is not Black Flat it is White Flat… Seems like that Osram added something like wire or two to improve properties.

I see no problem in using it in FET DD setup but of course with low current cell .

And Barkuti. I vote for MOFSET DD Setup with Sanyo GA 18650 cell Thumbs Up

That configuration will run 5.5A (at 4.2V) > 3.3A(at 3.4V).

New series of Osram seems to be very robust emitters. Soon you’ll see that there are emitters that can pull over 12A without burning led or angry blue Wink

So yes i vote for FET DD configuration but with low current cell (there are plenty of them on the market). No need for spring bypasses any more, no need for stacking chips, so it is just a cheap – budget configuration at the place where Frugal meets flashlights Smile

Nothing against linear or buck/boost drivers also. Just bring them on… Smile
After all I use linear driver as a host for my nice little diy 1.5$ Djozz driver. Some guys like regulation while some really don’t have any need for that. Beer

Barkuti this pic is just for you (I am preparing whole FET driver army Smile )

Hope you will not hate me now LOL Beer

Modding is making something how you want it to be, not how it comes stock...

Old-Lumens

Pages