OSRAM CSLNM1.TG 1mm, CSLPM1.TG 2mm, CULNM1.TG 1mm

930 posts / 0 new
Last post
likevvii
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 04/28/2014 - 10:12
Posts: 356
Location: USA, California

If you have one of maukka’s calibrated lights (he sells them), he also includes the lux measurement. I asked him and he says he places it on a mount 1m away from his lux meter. So you could compare your lux meter to a calibrated light at 1m too!

My lux meter reads 3% lower than maukka’s readings.

Yokiamy
Yokiamy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2016 - 15:47
Posts: 2025
Location: Netherlands

likevvii wrote:
If you have one of maukka’s calibrated lights (he sells them), he also includes the lux measurement. I asked him and he says he places it on a mount 1m away from his lux meter. So you could compare your lux meter to a calibrated light at 1m too!

My lux meter reads 3% lower than maukka’s readings.

I have comparable lights which are similar to maukka’s lights, we have conversated about it before, my readings are very close.

But still, let’s say it has a deviation of 10%, @5540 Lux on 10m would still make it 5000 Lx or 500kCd

  BLF

The_Fat_Controller
The_Fat_Controller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 09/13/2019 - 07:34
Posts: 236
Location: England

Yokiamy wrote:
The_Fat_Controller wrote:
well for an Extra 5$ jax will supply you a bare pill with it… Either way its done now White flat & 14× 7135.. fitted Its ok but it still cant rival the crelant Sad

Beam size is the tiniest smidgen tighter than a nightmaster nm400 but the lens is way better quality

A picture is worth more than a thousand words Wink

Beamshots (tonight) please

Sorry it took so long….





Mod’s
66mm Lens (takes shimming to focus) but has a shorter 25mm FL
Driver (requires 20mm to 22mm adapter)

You do have to drill & tap the body, as stock emitter is just pasted with a plastic retainer

DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 7698
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA
Shocked Shocked Shocked

The Cycle of Goodness: “No one prospers without rendering benefit to others”
- The YKK Philosophy

Yokiamy
Yokiamy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2016 - 15:47
Posts: 2025
Location: Netherlands

Thanks FC! Very nice build, impressive and beautiful beamshots!

  BLF

luminarium iaculator
luminarium iaculator's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 5 hours ago
Joined: 07/07/2013 - 09:09
Posts: 2291
Location: X

TFC that is 500 plus KCD light for sure Thumbs Up

The_Fat_Controller
The_Fat_Controller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 09/13/2019 - 07:34
Posts: 236
Location: England

Thanks guys , I’ve done my best with it, maybe someday i will get my paws on a collar for it Evil

it’s certainly worth keeping an eye out for these older crelant models there are still some floating about new.

That said I’d really like to see Convoy produce some aspheric hosts Love

Sirius9
Sirius9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 03/04/2012 - 19:23
Posts: 4591
Location: South Europe

I have several Crelant lights (5 or 6) and have always considered them of good quality.
If you can get your hands on 7T40 with white flat you can get a really good small form factor thrower light.

 

The_Fat_Controller
The_Fat_Controller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 09/13/2019 - 07:34
Posts: 236
Location: England
Sirius9 wrote:
I have several Crelant lights (5 or 6) and have always considered them of good quality. If you can get your hands on 7T40 with white flat you can get a really good small form factor thrower light.

Not seen that one, but it looks pretty similar to the V6CS that i just grabbed with the SCH86 head basically a small version of the one above the stock driver also puts down nearer to 3.5A which is nice

Sirius9
Sirius9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 03/04/2012 - 19:23
Posts: 4591
Location: South Europe

7T40 has about 15% deeper reflector, produces very sharp beam.

 

The_Fat_Controller
The_Fat_Controller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 09/13/2019 - 07:34
Posts: 236
Location: England

Anyone tried a Green Flat in one of these?

Sirius9
Sirius9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 03/04/2012 - 19:23
Posts: 4591
Location: South Europe

I have this one in C8+.
If you shine it on the wall you notice that led is rectangle and not square but I also have the one you mentioned just didn’t put it in the host.

 

trailhunter
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 12/23/2015 - 17:56
Posts: 681
Location: Mars

Is 6A for CSLNM1.TG too high?

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 16144
Location: Amsterdam

trailhunter wrote:
Is 6A for CSLNM1.TG too high?

In a flashlight build almost certainly yes. Led4power found a maximum at 6A but it was a bare led with maximum active cooling. My bare led test did not even find 6A max but 5A.
So my best advice would be 4.5A, in a very well cooled build maybe 5.

Btw, see the OP of this thread, interesting read.

trailhunter
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 12/23/2015 - 17:56
Posts: 681
Location: Mars

djozz wrote:
trailhunter wrote:
Is 6A for CSLNM1.TG too high?

In a flashlight build almost certainly yes. Led4power found a maximum at 6A but it was a bare led with maximum active cooling. My bare led test did not even find 6A max but 5A.
So my best advice would be 4.5A, in a very well cooled build maybe 5.

Btw, see the OP of this thread, interesting read.

Thanks! I need to add a lot of resistence to get down to that

The_Fat_Controller
The_Fat_Controller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 09/13/2019 - 07:34
Posts: 236
Location: England

I’ve found no detectable gains after 4.5amp for either CSLNM1.TG or CULNM1.TG in a flashlight, neither turn angry blue nor do they get any visibly brighter to the eye either IMO you’re just wasting amps after that point

There maybe a VERY TINY increase between 4.5 & 5 in a chunky host like the L2 with a CULNM1 but im not sure if it is just wishful thinking on my part

A lux meter may say different but you certainly won’t see it with your eyes

trailhunter
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 12/23/2015 - 17:56
Posts: 681
Location: Mars

Thank you, need to go with a battery that can add more resistence I think. I’ve extended the wires considerably and went with a longer spring and it dropped some but not by much.

Is it common to go with a 22-24 guage wire from driver to mcpcb to get more resistence?

The_Fat_Controller
The_Fat_Controller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 09/13/2019 - 07:34
Posts: 236
Location: England

What driver are you using?

trailhunter
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 12/23/2015 - 17:56
Posts: 681
Location: Mars
The_Fat_Controller wrote:
What driver are you using?

MTN-17DDM

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id...

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 16144
Location: Amsterdam

You could add an actual resistor in the circuit. I never used them yet but I bought some 2512 resistors for that purpose that can be glued somewhere inside the driver cavity with arctic alumina adhesive. Link.

The_Fat_Controller
The_Fat_Controller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 09/13/2019 - 07:34
Posts: 236
Location: England
trailhunter wrote:
The_Fat_Controller wrote:
What driver are you using?

MTN-17DDM

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id...

Im not certain but you maybe able to turn that down a little . could be worth dropping them an email

Edit: just looked at the manual and it looks like if its attiny13a you can program custom levels

trailhunter
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 12/23/2015 - 17:56
Posts: 681
Location: Mars
The_Fat_Controller wrote:
trailhunter wrote:
The_Fat_Controller wrote:
What driver are you using?

MTN-17DDM

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id...

Im not certain but you maybe able to turn that down a little . could be worth dropping them an email

Edit: just looked at the manual and it looks like if its attiny13a you can program custom levels

Ah interesting, they are at25. I’ll keep mucking with resistence then, thanks for dropping in!

Sirius9
Sirius9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 03/04/2012 - 19:23
Posts: 4591
Location: South Europe
The_Fat_Controller wrote:
for either CSLNM1.TG or CULNM1.TG

We really need to find better names for this leds, when you say XPL HI 4B you know exactly which led is that but CSLNM1 and CULNM1! are we talking about whit leds, green!!!

 

Yokiamy
Yokiamy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2016 - 15:47
Posts: 2025
Location: Netherlands
Sirius9 wrote:
The_Fat_Controller wrote:
for either CSLNM1.TG or CULNM1.TG

We really need to find better names for this leds, when you say XPL HI 4B you know exactly which led is that but CSLNM1 and CULNM1! are we talking about whit leds, green!!!

Generally they’re known as ‘white flat 1mm2’ and ‘white flat 2mm2’

  BLF

Sirius9
Sirius9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 03/04/2012 - 19:23
Posts: 4591
Location: South Europe
Yokiamy wrote:
Sirius9 wrote:
The_Fat_Controller wrote:
for either CSLNM1.TG or CULNM1.TG

We really need to find better names for this leds, when you say XPL HI 4B you know exactly which led is that but CSLNM1 and CULNM1! are we talking about whit leds, green!!!

Generally they’re known as ‘white flat 1mm2’ and ‘white flat 2mm2’

White flat 2mm2 is CSLPM1.TG, and was not mentioned above!
CSLNM1 and CULNM1 are both 1mm2 if I am not mistaking!

 

The_Fat_Controller
The_Fat_Controller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 09/13/2019 - 07:34
Posts: 236
Location: England

CULNM1.TG is a higher power version of CSLNM1.TG (3.2A vs 3A) its still 1mm2 but they are now discontinued and getting tricky to find. I’ve also not been able to find them in the higher bins only 5q which im not convinced is better than a 6n CSLNM1.TG.

CSLNM1.TG 6N at 3a makes 840 – 945Lumens
CULNM1.TG 5Q at 3a makes 710 – 800Lumens

But CULNM1.TG can stand higher currents when overrun , there are detailed tests on the start of this thread.

I’d really like to get my hands on some CSLNM1.TG 7N’s or CULNM1 6QF’s if anyone knows a guy please drop me a message Smile

Yokiamy
Yokiamy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2016 - 15:47
Posts: 2025
Location: Netherlands

Drat, it even confuses me.

Maybe we should mention the footprint when talking about white flat.

  BLF

trailhunter
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 12/23/2015 - 17:56
Posts: 681
Location: Mars

Do they all have the same power requirements?

Yokiamy
Yokiamy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2016 - 15:47
Posts: 2025
Location: Netherlands

The 2mm can handle more current and performs best at 8~9A. the 1mm performs best between 4,5~5A

As said, the 4040 version can handle more heat because of its surface.

  BLF

Pages