Added new copper DTP boards:
Price for 16mm DTP pcbs:
1pc - 1,07€
50pcs - 0.95€
100pcs - 0.8€
Price for 20mm DTP pcbs:
1pc - 1,17€
50pcs - 1.0€
100pcs - 0.9€
Price for 20mm 3XP and 4XP DTP pcbs:
1pc - 1,37€
50pcs - 1,2€
100pcs - 1.1€
If you want to buy 50+pcs, please contact me so I can give you coupon code, currently page doesn't automatically calculate discount.
Also added new ILC-0 listing with fixed default currents at 1€ lower price:
Also, one note related to LD-x4 drivers listings: you can now choose do you want 1mA bleeding or not. If you don't plan to install illuminated tailcaps, it's
better to not have bleeder for two reasons: lower active state driver consumption (1.6mA vs 2.6mA), and 1mA lower sleep current (~40uA vs. ~1mA).
ILC-0 illuminated tailcap with CC and LVP: 5,97€ link
LD-x4 driver: 9.97€ link
Luxeon V: link
L4P 4040 DTP 16mm for Luxeon V: link
LD-A4 thermal enhancement kit for S2+: link
last few months I've worked on some new products, so I decided it's time to open a small workshop,to pay taxes to the government:), and open a small web-shop for easier order handling - led4power.com
For now there are only few (but mighty) products, plan is to make some more over time.
Full specs, datasheets etc. are available on web page, so I will just shortly introduce new products:
LD-x4 17mm constant current LED driver
LD-A4/B4 2-12A constant current („PWM-less“) LED drivers are next generation of LD driver series. Based on completely re-designed hardware and improved firmware, these drivers are optimized for single-cell (4.2V) flashlights, and offer some new features compared to LD-3, like hardware (real) direct drive mode option, 1-wire temperature sensor support, integrated moonlight with 3 levels (2.5mA, 5.0mA, 7.5mA) adjustable via user interface, and low current bleeding support for illuminated tailcap modules like ILC-1. Typical bleeding current is just 1mA, which is 5-10 times lower than conventional resistor bleeding. This enables significantly longer run times on moonlight modes.
LD-A4 is standard type of linear driver with all components on PCB, designed for power dissipation 2W -6W@60C. Recommended applications are single Li-ion cell LED flashlights with single LED.
LD-B4 is designed to work with external power MOSFET (source of heat) for much higher power dissipation – up to 15W@60C, which is more than enough for any triple or quad LED setup. “MOSLED” high performance metal core PCBs have space for MOSFET and NTC sensor, which makes triple or quad LED builds fast and easy, and more important – reliable because of real constant current driving/limiting.
- True PWM-less constant current (all modes)
- Available as 3, 6, 9 and 12Amps version – 2-12Amps possible by adjusting current in UI
- Completely silent – no acoustical or EMI noise („whining“)
- Longer run-times on lower modes compared to PWM drivers
- Higher overall lm/W efficiency on lower modes compared to PWM drivers
- Lower losses in springs, wires, switch compared to PWM drivers
- Very low internal resistance comparable to best DD drivers
- Hardware DD mode option on high mode without current limit
- Calibrated internal voltage reference and temp. sensor
- Dual over-temperature protection (internal, and external [NTC] sensor) – single wire NTC connection
- Integrated moonlight with UI selectable 2.5mA – 7.5mA current
- Low sleep current
- Improved Off-time mode memory circuit
- Low current (1mA) bleeding support for illuminated tailcaps
- Single-sided PCB with large (9mm) spring pad on bottom side
- 4-layer gold plated PCB
- Lead free
ILC-1 illuminated tailcap module/drop-in
ILC-1 illuminated tailcap modules are devices with integrated reverse clicky switch and tailcap LED illumination with control electronics in one, easy to use case. Depending on LEDs current and color, flashlights equipped with ILC-1 module can be visible not just in dark, but even under normal light conditions, which makes them easy to find and differentiate. LED tailcap illumination is usually much brighter compared to tritium vials, costs less and colors are more saturated.
With ILC-1 and 8 LED colors available, every light looks exotic!
ILC-1 is primarily designed for small Convoy flashlight hosts with 16x8mm silicone tailcap buttons, in combination with LD-x4 driver series.
Ultra-low power 2-channel circuitry drives 8 LEDs with constant current, which ensures constant tailcap brightness, completely independent on battery voltage, LED’s forward voltage/color, bleeder resistance, and temperature variations. LEDs current can be easily set up to 600uA with two 0603 resistors. All LEDs are closely matched by their Vf, to ensure equal current distribution through each LED.
Also, very important feature is built-in 2-step low voltage protection which shuts down LEDs when battery voltage drops below 3.0V and protects battery from over-discharge.
- 8x LED (2×4) for maximum light uniformity
- Constant current LED drive (2 separate channels) – stable tailcap brightness over voltage and temperature range
- Closely matched LEDs by their Vf
- Reverse polarity protection
- Low voltage protection
- Easy constant current set via single 0603 resistor on top PCB (per channel)
- 8 basic LED colors available
- Integrated OMTEN 1288 switch
- 10mm diameter spring pad
- Gold plated PCBs
- Translucent tailcap button and spring included
- Lead free
LED Color options:
- Cool white
- Warm white/Gold
- Ice blue/aqua
- Input voltage: 2.8V-4.35V
- Switch type: OMTEN 1288, reverse clicky switch
- Switch rated current: 3A* ( tested up to 15A )
- Active state (operating) current: 4uA typ.
- Sleep/off current: 1.5uA typ.
- Step 1 LVP (reducing current) threshold: 3.0V+350xItotal
- Step 2 LVP (shutdown) threshold: 3.0V typ.
- Number of constant current outputs/channels: 2
- Max. recommended current: 600uA total (channel1 + channel2)
- Operating temperature: -20C – +60C
MOSLED MCPCB 20mm
These high performance metal core PCBs except for LEDs, also have footprints for external power MOSFET and NTC temperature sensor on single board, which makes them ideal for very high power multi-LED builds with LD-B4 driver. MOSFET on such MCPCB has best possible thermal contact with flashlight body, so it can dissipate a lot of power without overheating, and connecting NTC temp. sensor to driver is very easy. MOSLED PCBs are made from aluminum with high performance insulation layer, and tests show they perform significantly better than copper NON-DTP boards, and they are close to DTP copper MCPCBs performance. At 3A per LED, difference in brightness compared to DTP copper PCB is only 2,3% (copper NON-DTP gives 3,8% lower output).
MOSLED MCPCBs are over 3 times lighter compared to copper DTP and NON-DTP boards, which makes them especially suitable for headlamps and EDC lights.
3XP and 4XP MOSLED MCPCB are compatible with Carclo 105xx and 106xx optics series.
With MOSLED MCPCB and LD-B4 triple or quad LED builds are fast and easy, and more important – reliable because of real constant current driving/limiting.
Note: due to high thermal conductivity on whole board area, soldering wires is more challenging; one simple solution is to preheat PCB with hot air or with soldering iron (by holding iron tip on + or – pad) and then solder wires. During soldering, PCB must be thermally insulated(piece of thick paper is good enough) from any thermally conductive objects.
- compatible with 3535 XP footprint LEDs (parallel connection)
- compatible with Carclo 105xx / 106xx optics
- compatible with LD-B4 driver
- High performance insulation layer – very low thermal resistance
- Aluminum core – 3.3 times lighter compared to copper PCBs (1.25grams)
- Power MOSFET footprint, 0402 NTC sensor fooprint on board (1-wire NTC connection support)
- Gold plated contacts
- Milled edge – flat bottom side
- Diameter: 20.0±0.15mm
- Thickness: 1.5mm
- Center hole diameter: 3.8mm
That's it for now, please feel free to ask any questions, and please report if you notice any problems with web related stuff.