BLF GT official support thread [FAQ updated 11 Jan 2018]

293 posts / 0 new
Last post
drood
drood's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 05/09/2015 - 05:54
Posts: 120
Location: Czech republic

JasonWW wrote:
Hmm, it’s got the Astrolux finger groove and bronze bezel around the switch. So it looks like Mateminco/Astrolux. Where did you see this picture?

Nevermind, I see it on the MF03 Interest list thread. From Flashlight Fanatics aka Neal.

Flashaholics Anonymous
Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7637
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

Someone is already ripping off the GT? Interesting.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7637
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

Lets remember that this is the GT support thread, lets try to keep it on topic for support issues as much as possible. I do not want this thread getting cluttered like the other thread.

You can talk about this other light here: http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1272284#comment-1272284

Joey Adams
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 02/12/2017 - 21:29
Posts: 375
Location: Jamestown, KY

I realize that sb has closed the other thread for people to calm down, but I am not convinced that is a good idea. Way better to keep things out in the open and not in the dark where it can fester into real problems. Also there are a lot of people on the fence about actually getting a refund and now they have no access to team members. I will wager this inability to get or give information will lead to a lot of PayPal disputes that would not have happened if it was not closed. I guess it really doesn’t matter to sb either way but Neal could have more problems because of it. Just my two cents

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7637
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
Joey Adams wrote:
I realize that sb has closed the other thread for people to calm down, but I am not convinced that is a good idea. Way better to keep things out in the open and not in the dark where it can fester into real problems. Also there are a lot of people on the fence about actually getting a refund and now they have no access to team members. I will wager this inability to get or give information will lead to a lot of PayPal disputes that would not have happened if it was not closed. I guess it really doesn’t matter to sb either way but Neal could have more problems because of it. Just my two cents

The issue is that there is simply no other information for me to give at this point and until there is the thread is nothing but a bunch of people getting upset over rumors.

When that changes the thread will reopen.

joechina
Offline
Last seen: 18 min 47 sec ago
Joined: 03/05/2016 - 08:23
Posts: 1098
Location: Germany

A few suggestions to add:

Under FAQ emitter and output
How do I get a cooler color?
RMM offers a cooler tint
Richard swaps the LED 8$ + shipping back and force. You had to send him your GT LED-Board for this.
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1257836#comment-1257836

Under accessories
LensCoat Hoodies
(seems to be a bit better alternative to Op/Techs.)
Has a front disc in a pouch. It offers much better impact protection, fits better, and the rigid front keeps the hood from slipping around.
The XXL size fits better than the XL for the GT
https://www.amazon.com/LensCoat-LCH2XLBK-Hoodie-Large-Black/dp/B0087N28Y8/
Q:
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1262819#comment-1262819 (around this post)

under accessories
Fabric Shrink Tube on the battery tube
please link to my next post, it contains a summery from different posts.

joechina
Offline
Last seen: 18 min 47 sec ago
Joined: 03/05/2016 - 08:23
Posts: 1098
Location: Germany

Fabric Shrink Tube
Fabric shrink tube on the battery tube
Picture and whole idea is from KawiBoy1428

From here http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1271136#comment-1271136

KawiBoy: How to aplicate Fabric Shrink
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1271167#comment-1271167
Lot of heat with a burner, heat gun is not enough.

Where to buy
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/819871#comment-819871

Jegs is probably a better place to buy it. The GT battery tube is 2.25” in diameter. Jegs sells it in 6’ lengths at 2 3/8 size for $20 bucks.
http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS-Performance-Products/JEGS-Fabric-Heat-Shrink-...

Fabric heat shrink tubing
Stoff Schrumpfschlauch
abrasive resistant, diesel, oil, etc.
As grip for battery tubes.
Exact match to : Tyco Raychem HT5000, Alpha Wire FIT FABRIC
https://buyheatshrink.com/heatshrinktubing/heat-shrink-fabric.php

Other tubing:

what to use? Shrink Selector
https://buyheatshrink.com/heatshrinktubing/heat-shrink-selector.php#search

textured, different surfaces
For handles or organisation your equipment
https://buyheatshrink.com/heatshrinktubing/textured-grip-heat-shrink-tub...

Special tubing
clear with text, diesel resistance, with glue, 4:1 shrink, etc
https://buyheatshrink.com/heatshrinktubing/****

teacher
teacher's picture
Online
Last seen: 4 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 6159
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Those are excellent suggestions & links joechina, thank you. Thumbs Up
…..

pommie wrote:
teacher wrote:
(we are 2 for 2 this morning pommie…. Big Smile )

ARMAGEDDON

Cheers David

Big Smile …. That’s good pommie! .. Thumbs Up .. Take care… Wink .. Beer

      You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load. / Paul "Bear" Bryant ~/~\~ "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast"

       Texas Lumens Flashlights  <>   M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$    ||||

         Rudeness Level /\ mΩ /\ {width:70%} /\ LightWiki /\ LED Tint Chart /\ LED Tint Picture /\ Xlamp size chart /\ BatteryU                   Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???   wink   /\ TheOriginal /\ TAB /\ LightSearch /\ BatterySearch /\ 14500's /\ DiCal                                                       

RobertB
RobertB's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 45 sec ago
Joined: 12/18/2015 - 17:49
Posts: 2680
Location: USA, Michigan

joechina wrote:
Fabric Shrink Tube
Fabric shrink tube on the battery tube
Picture and whole idea is from KawiBoy1428

From here http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1271136#comment-1271136

KawiBoy: How to aplicate Fabric Shrink
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1271167#comment-1271167
Lot of heat with a burner, heat gun is not enough.

Where to buy
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/819871#comment-819871

Fabric heat shrink tubing
Stoff Schrumpfschlauch
abrasive resistant, diesel, oil, etc.
As grip for battery tubes.
Exact match to : Tyco Raychem HT5000, Alpha Wire FIT FABRIC
https://buyheatshrink.com/heatshrinktubing/heat-shrink-fabric.php

Other tubing:

what to use? Shrink Selector
https://buyheatshrink.com/heatshrinktubing/heat-shrink-selector.php#search

textured, different surfaces
For handles or organisation your equipment
https://buyheatshrink.com/heatshrinktubing/textured-grip-heat-shrink-tub...

Special tubing
clear with text, diesel resistance, with glue, 4:1 shrink, etc
https://buyheatshrink.com/heatshrinktubing/****

Jegs is probably a better place to buy it. The GT battery tube is 2.25” in diameter. Jegs sells it in 6’ lengths at 2 3/8 size for $20 bucks.

species8472
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 4 hours ago
Joined: 10/08/2017 - 04:06
Posts: 58
Location: Snowbelt, Pennsylvania

pommie wrote:
teacher wrote:
_(we are 2 for 2 this morning pommie.... Big Smile )_
ARMAGEDDON !https://img.wikinut.com/img/3d9mr08dw80d4z_v/jpeg/0/Earth-exploding.jpeg! Cheers David

 

Thanks for the info pommie, teacher, Jason. It really is appreciated. I have strap wrenches that I put a half-hearted attempt into removing the head but to no avail. When I am physically up to it I will get more serious and am pretty confident that if others are getting it apart I will be able to.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 9 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 8004
Location: Houston Texas

species8472 wrote:

Thanks for the info pommie, teacher, Jason. It really is appreciated. I have strap wrenches that I put a half-hearted attempt into removing the head but to no avail. When I am physically up to it I will get more serious and am pretty confident that if others are getting it apart I will be able to.


I used a vice to hold my light because I had one. If you don’t have a vice you can position the wrenches so that one is pressing down on your bed and you push the other wrench towards it. Here is how AlexGT did it.

AlexGT wrote:

I used 2 strap wrenches, my bed and my whole body weight to open the head… it wasn’t that bad!

Steps First attach 2 strap wrenches like this, make sure you tighten them up real good

Then put on the edge of the bed, the bed will keep the light from moving and slipping and lock one of the strap wrenches

Last, hold the head so it doesn’t move and use your whole body weight on the other strap wrench to open it, the switch assembly will slowly start turning

Done!

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

9 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices

Hayseed
Hayseed's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 10/14/2017 - 15:30
Posts: 25
Location: Indiana

Hello, Haven’t heard anything for awhile about my shipment of BLF GT w/batteries ..and news ?
Thanks.. #957 .. i think lol

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 9 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 8004
Location: Houston Texas

Hayseed wrote:
Hello, Haven’t heard anything for awhile about my shipment of BLF GT w/batteries ..and news ?
Thanks.. #957 .. i think lol

This is not the place to ask, but I don’t see any difficulty with your order. It’s to the US, but I see you asked for it to be shipped via registered mail. That may be why it was not shipped earlier. All registered mail shipments were delayed. Currently they are waiting on the next batch of reflectors to ship out more lights.

Unless you really want registered mail, and I’m not sure why you would, I think you should send Neal an email or PM with your shipping and receipt info saying you want to switch to DHL.

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

9 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices

Hayseed
Hayseed's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 10/14/2017 - 15:30
Posts: 25
Location: Indiana

Hello : Thanks for answering well my only 2 choices were registered or DHL. Living here in Indiana for 9 years I have never seen a DHL truck or anything, stores,commercials anything. Didn’t know what to choose. I have never dealt with DHL ever in my life.. Thanks

T18
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 02/14/2016 - 15:29
Posts: 1016

I have a question regarding the Lumintop sticker in the tail cap, the one with the QR code that takes you to Lumintops site.
Some many millions of posts ago I read some posts regarding this sticker and removing it to disassembly the tail cap and there was a comment I recall about why that sticker was even in there and I don’t recall if this was a serious comment or not but someone or someone’s said it also served as a insulator to prevent accidental shorts from the carrier.
My question is, was that a serious comment, since I have now officially buggered up both my stickers fixing the swivels and if the comment about a possibility of a short from the carriers somehow causing a short, which I personally don’t see possible, should I take this serious then and make some plastic thin disks to use as potential short protectors or whatever you’d like to call them..??
I am looking for facts, not hypothetical conversation, of course if no one actually is certain about this there is one way that someone could take one for the team and simply loaded both loaded carriers and before screwing on the tail cap simply place a copper penny on the end of the last carrier on the center piece and then screw the tail cap on, but please video tape the results as this might be amusing at the least.
Thank You

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7637
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

Yes, the sticker is there to reduce the chance of a short if the carrier is inserted backwards. It is not a real good chance it would happen without it but there is a chance and a sticker was simple insurance.

You can put another stick or other item there to serve the same purpose or just be careful to not insert the carrier backwards.

T18
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 02/14/2016 - 15:29
Posts: 1016

Thank you TA, couldn’t have asked for a more precise and accurate answer by the most knowledgeable, greatly appreciated,
So the key is putting the carriers in backwards is the concern, now that I can see could be a problem and considering that recently I blew up a light by inserting a cell backwards, for the first time ever, that damage from a single cell was amazing, so couldn’t imagine the consequence here so I’ll be using thin plastic disks and a dab of hot glue to hold it in place.
Thank you sir..! Thumbs Up

AlexGT
AlexGT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 06/07/2012 - 17:39
Posts: 3768
Location: Texas

Texas_Ace wrote:
Yes, the sticker is there to reduce the chance of a short if the carrier is inserted backwards. It is not a real good chance it would happen without it but there is a chance and a sticker was simple insurance.

You can put another stick or other item there to serve the same purpose or just be careful to not insert the carrier backwards.

Dang it! I removed it and threw it away when disassembling the tail cap to clean and lube the O-ring of the rotating lanyard ring thingie…

Maybe I will stick the User interface paper with tape or velcro…

Yokiamy
Yokiamy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2016 - 15:47
Posts: 1092
Location: Netherlands

Or cut out a round piece of black ducttape

Thijsco19 wrote:

a regular symptom of flasholism Big Smile

“Flasholism is the most severe form of flashlight use and involves the inability to manage your flashlight use habits. It is also commonly referred to as flashlight use disorder. Flashlight use disorder is organized into three categories: mild, moderate and severe. Each category has various symptoms and can cause harmful side effects. If left untreated, any type of flashlight use can spiral out of control.”

AlexGT
AlexGT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 06/07/2012 - 17:39
Posts: 3768
Location: Texas
Yokiamy wrote:
Or cut out a round piece of black ducttape

Thnx, that’s another option… Thumbs Up

Maybe they should add a “Risk of short circuit, DO NOT REMOVE STICKER” to that sticker lettering for dummies like me ha ha ha! Grad

So just to understand this more, Would the short circuit be from the center button of the battery carrier if inserted backwards, right?

Yokiamy
Yokiamy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2016 - 15:47
Posts: 1092
Location: Netherlands

Exactly, basically thats a direct short from + from carrier to – (housing)
But since i dont have my GT yet, isn’t the inside of the cap anodized?
Offcourse, insulation will be much more safe.

Thijsco19 wrote:

a regular symptom of flasholism Big Smile

“Flasholism is the most severe form of flashlight use and involves the inability to manage your flashlight use habits. It is also commonly referred to as flashlight use disorder. Flashlight use disorder is organized into three categories: mild, moderate and severe. Each category has various symptoms and can cause harmful side effects. If left untreated, any type of flashlight use can spiral out of control.”

AlexGT
AlexGT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 06/07/2012 - 17:39
Posts: 3768
Location: Texas
Yokiamy wrote:
Exactly, basically thats a direct short from + from carrier to – (housing) But since i dont have my GT yet, isn’t the inside of the cap anodized? Offcourse, insulation will be much more safe.

Yes it is anodized.

T18
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 02/14/2016 - 15:29
Posts: 1016

Glad I decided to potentially embarrass myself with what I thought was a rather stupid question, always like to know before I make a stupid mistake, the part I didn’t know was the inserting the carriers backwards being the reason, now that made sense,

NikolaS
NikolaS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 02/07/2014 - 13:26
Posts: 1272
Location: intersection of all roads

Where is the original GT thread? I know it’s locked , but why is moved from the list?

How the he’ll people who waits will see that TA updated OP with new information about shipping with slower rate option without paying extra money??

Nev
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 04/06/2017 - 07:50
Posts: 285
Location: U.K.

It’s still there , you just have to go back a few pages.

Nev
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 04/06/2017 - 07:50
Posts: 285
Location: U.K.
NikolaS
NikolaS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 02/07/2014 - 13:26
Posts: 1272
Location: intersection of all roads
Nev wrote:
It’s still there , you just have to go back a few pages.

Ok thanks,I’ve searched 5 page’s back and didn’t find it..
Important information like that should be more transparent,even if thread is locked,otherwise we will see lots of refund request

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 9 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 8004
Location: Houston Texas
NikolaS wrote:
Nev wrote:
It’s still there , you just have to go back a few pages.

Ok thanks,I’ve searched 5 page’s back and didn’t find it..
Important information like that should be more transparent,even if thread is locked,otherwise we will see lots of refund request


How are you guys getting “7 pages”?

On the left side of the screen is a link that shows all your subscribed threads. Just click it and it’s easy to find.

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

9 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices

teacher
teacher's picture
Online
Last seen: 4 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 6159
Location: NE & SW Alabama

JasonWW wrote:

How are you guys getting “7 pages”?

On the left side of the screen is a link that shows all your subscribed threads. Just click it and it’s easy to find.

Exactly Jason.Easy as pie…… Thumbs Up

Here is a link to it also.

TA’s latest update was this morning, 3 February; at 0936.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/50303

      You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load. / Paul "Bear" Bryant ~/~\~ "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast"

       Texas Lumens Flashlights  <>   M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$    ||||

         Rudeness Level /\ mΩ /\ {width:70%} /\ LightWiki /\ LED Tint Chart /\ LED Tint Picture /\ Xlamp size chart /\ BatteryU                   Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???   wink   /\ TheOriginal /\ TAB /\ LightSearch /\ BatterySearch /\ 14500's /\ DiCal                                                       

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7637
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

I plan to have the thread unlocked tomorrow. I was busy today and knew there would be a lot of posts when it is unlocked and wanted to be available to answer any questions.

Pages