OSRAM CSLNM1.TG & CULNM1.TG 1mm², CSLPM1.TG & CULPM1.TG 2mm²

1422 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sunnysunsun
Sunnysunsun's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/09/2019 - 12:51
Posts: 766
Location: Toronto

Green and Red CSLNM1s from Simon. Unfortunately I already ordered green ones from Shenzhen silver ingot and who charged a bit more for them.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001334305387.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001334292126.html

ZILZAL
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/06/2019 - 02:47
Posts: 34

Simon newly listed bare KW CULPM1.TG BIN1:8RF-fcbB46-B5-6000 ,

Which is 1690-1900 Lumens and 3.25v-3.5v voltage.

 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001352708356.html

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 18 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2952
Location: New Zealand

Quite a bit higher priced, I’m waiting for djozz to test it

Piercing The Darkness YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/c/PiercingTheDarkness

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 3 hours ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 4514
Location: US

Does anyone remember the flux bin of the CULPM1.TG sold by Led4power? The 8RF Simon is selling is the 3rd highest bin so wondering how it compares with tbe ones already tested.

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 5636
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain

SKV89 wrote:
Does anyone remember the flux bin of the CULPM1.TG sold by Led4power? …

Flux bins for the CSLPM1.TG sold by led4power: 5P at first, then 6P.

Mon, 08/17/2020 - 09:25

Please avoid fully quoting lenghty posts, namely with nested quotes. Trim quotes down to the essential. Helps with neatness and legibility. Thanks.

The human mind, and its programming, is at the forefront of a particular battle of The Light vs evil dark forces. Nearly every human being on this beautiful planet “Earth” has some sort of negative mind programming in its mind. And you better take care of your mind programming, or someone else will in this wicked world.

Scallywag
Scallywag's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 01/11/2018 - 22:23
Posts: 2438
Location: Ohio, United States

I’m wondering how it will compare to the few CULNM1.TGs laying around for lux.

ZILZAL
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/06/2019 - 02:47
Posts: 34

Barkuti wrote:

SKV89 wrote:
Does anyone remember the flux bin of the CULPM1.TG sold by Led4power? …

5P at first, then 6P.

Not sure if there is 5P & 6P. there is ?

polarweis
polarweis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 05/31/2017 - 17:05
Posts: 587

The convoy Z1 zoom flashlight is new I think. Might be interesting with 1mm²

"It wouldn’t be so bright if there wasn’t a shadow every once in a while." - Jason Mraz

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 18 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2952
Location: New Zealand
polarweis wrote:
The convoy Z1 zoom flashlight is new I think. Might be interesting with 1mm²

I plan to install one when my stock arrives

Piercing The Darkness YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/c/PiercingTheDarkness

luminarium iaculator
luminarium iaculator's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 07/07/2013 - 09:09
Posts: 2291
Location: X
Funtastic wrote:
polarweis wrote:
The convoy Z1 zoom flashlight is new I think. Might be interesting with 1mm²

I plan to install one when my stock arrives

Without precoolimator lens that will be very tiny die projection. But it should throw…

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 5636
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain

But did led4power sold a CULPM1.TG (Boost HX)? As far as I know I could only get 3030 CSLPM1.TGs from them, and the bins I posted above are for the 3030.

Please avoid fully quoting lenghty posts, namely with nested quotes. Trim quotes down to the essential. Helps with neatness and legibility. Thanks.

The human mind, and its programming, is at the forefront of a particular battle of The Light vs evil dark forces. Nearly every human being on this beautiful planet “Earth” has some sort of negative mind programming in its mind. And you better take care of your mind programming, or someone else will in this wicked world.

Yokiamy
Yokiamy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2016 - 15:47
Posts: 3278
Location: Netherlands

I don’t think so, he announced them and published them, but they were never available, since they were very hard to get.

For now they are available and when Simon sells them on a copper board and has the 4040 gaskets available, i will definitely get some and swap it for the LED4Power DTP with 3030 W2 in my L21A, should be awesome!

contactcr
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 7 hours ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 3714
Location: US

Mystery bin Boost HX from Aliexpress (seller also claims to not know bin). They came loose in static bag. Not “cut from reel” like most places.

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 3 hours ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 4514
Location: US
Barkuti wrote:

But did led4power sold a CULPM1.TG (Boost HX)? As far as I know I could only get 3030 CSLPM1.TGs from them, and the bins I posted above are for the 3030.

I vaguely remembered L4P did sell the CULPM1.TG at one point but it was a very low flux bin so it did not perform much better than the CSLPM1.TG. The one Simon is selling is a pretty high bin so hopefully it will beat the CSLPM1.TG by a good bit.

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 20 hours ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18309
Location: Amsterdam
SKV89 wrote:
Barkuti wrote:

But did led4power sold a CULPM1.TG (Boost HX)? As far as I know I could only get 3030 CSLPM1.TGs from them, and the bins I posted above are for the 3030.

I vaguely remembered L4P did sell the CULPM1.TG at one point but it was a very low flux bin so it did not perform much better than the CSLPM1.TG. The one Simon is selling is a pretty high bin so hopefully it will beat the CSLPM1.TG by a good bit.


I can not remember that, but you may refer to my story that I had a CULPM1.TG from Hank (intl-outdoor) for testing that did not perform overwhelmingly.

Btw, I ordered a few from Simon now, hopefully I will do a test when it arrives.

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 3 hours ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 4514
Location: US

djozz wrote:

Btw, I ordered a few from Simon now, hopefully I will do a test when it arrives.
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Beer
Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 5636
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain

The last CSLPM1.TGs available at led4power were 6P flux bin, which theoretically are at least 10% brighter than 5P. But guess this doesn't matters now. 

At least 4040 boards are available at Kaidomain, for example. Gaskets, though…

Please avoid fully quoting lenghty posts, namely with nested quotes. Trim quotes down to the essential. Helps with neatness and legibility. Thanks.

The human mind, and its programming, is at the forefront of a particular battle of The Light vs evil dark forces. Nearly every human being on this beautiful planet “Earth” has some sort of negative mind programming in its mind. And you better take care of your mind programming, or someone else will in this wicked world.

Scallywag
Scallywag's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 01/11/2018 - 22:23
Posts: 2438
Location: Ohio, United States
djozz wrote:
SKV89 wrote:
Barkuti wrote:

But did led4power sold a CULPM1.TG (Boost HX)? As far as I know I could only get 3030 CSLPM1.TGs from them, and the bins I posted above are for the 3030.

I vaguely remembered L4P did sell the CULPM1.TG at one point but it was a very low flux bin so it did not perform much better than the CSLPM1.TG. The one Simon is selling is a pretty high bin so hopefully it will beat the CSLPM1.TG by a good bit.


I can not remember that, but you may refer to my story that I had a CULPM1.TG from Hank (intl-outdoor) for testing that did not perform overwhelmingly.

Btw, I ordered a few from Simon now, hopefully I will do a test when it arrives.


djozz doing a few more tests. Thanks, I know it is no small task (and probably most of it quite tedious)
contactcr
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 7 hours ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 3714
Location: US

The sketchy ali vendor HX actually has 5500-5600K color temp under a TIR. The lowest of any of these osram LEDs I have seen (actually measured, I don’t count kaidomain “specs”). Not to say it’s some amazing tint just an observation

led4power
led4power's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 21 hours ago
Joined: 12/29/2012 - 09:48
Posts: 1348
Location: Croatia,EU

SKV89 wrote:
Barkuti wrote:

But did led4power sold a CULPM1.TG (Boost HX)? As far as I know I could only get 3030 CSLPM1.TGs from them, and the bins I posted above are for the 3030.

I vaguely remembered L4P did sell the CULPM1.TG at one point but it was a very low flux bin so it did not perform much better than the CSLPM1.TG. The one Simon is selling is a pretty high bin so hopefully it will beat the CSLPM1.TG by a good bit.

I had CULNM1.TG which is 4040 1mm2 version, I did not have CULPM1.TG for sale.

ZILZAL
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/06/2019 - 02:47
Posts: 34

So what are drivers that should work with the CULPM1.TG ?
Will it work on the convoy drivers like the C8+ 12groups driver or the M21A 4 Modes driver that runs the sst40 ?

Scallywag
Scallywag's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 01/11/2018 - 22:23
Posts: 2438
Location: Ohio, United States

ZILZAL wrote:

So what are drivers that should work with the CULPM1.TG ?
Will it work on the convoy drivers like the C8+ 12groups driver or the M21A 4 Modes driver that runs the sst40 ?


You pretty much want any regulated driver. I think the SST-40 drivers tend to top out at 5-ish amps though? Have yet to see for sure, but you can probably push more with CULPM1.TG. The 5A is pretty perfect for CULNM1.TG though, pity it’s discontinued.
Yokiamy
Yokiamy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2016 - 15:47
Posts: 3278
Location: Netherlands

the C U should be able to run on higher currents, i have got a LED4Power C S LNM1.TG happily running on 5A

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 7355
Location: Portugal

I managed to “perfect” (in the possible way) the beam in my Eagle Eye X3R with an Osram W1.
(Previous posts on it: 1 & 2 )

I took the gasket out (to lower the reflector near to the PCB and led, and to erase the ringy around the hotspot), and applied some electrical tape and GITD tape over the pcb (for insulation and GITD effect).

Not pretty, but better than it was before.

I managed to get that small clear light circle in the hotspot, that was not happening before Party

Besides this I also put an Osram W2 on the On The Road Z821 zoomable flashlight! The beam is awkward, but I am waiting for the night to test it outside and check how it behaves Wink

The mod is here: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/73990#comment-1687170

Sunnysunsun
Sunnysunsun's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/09/2019 - 12:51
Posts: 766
Location: Toronto
Yokiamy wrote:
the C U should be able to run on higher currents, i have got a LED4Power C S LNM1.TG happily running on 5A

I was thinking of running the CSLNM1.TG using the convoy sst40 driver in an S2+, but Djozz’s test showed that it peaked at 4.5-5A and I’m worried about frying it with prolonged 100%

How does yours behave at 5A?

Coyote2710
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/14/2020 - 14:24
Posts: 14

hello, best driver for osram 1mm red (CSLNM1.23) around 1.5-2A using single 18650? continuous use on C8+.

Sunnysunsun
Sunnysunsun's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/09/2019 - 12:51
Posts: 766
Location: Toronto
Coyote2710 wrote:
hello, best driver for osram 1mm red (CSLNM1.23) around 1.5-2A using single 18650? continuous use on C8+.

5 or 6*7135

Coyote2710
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/14/2020 - 14:24
Posts: 14
Sunnysunsun wrote:
Coyote2710 wrote:
hello, best driver for osram 1mm red (CSLNM1.23) around 1.5-2A using single 18650? continuous use on C8+.

5 or 6*7135

thanks, but what do you think about the heat with the low Vf?

Scallywag
Scallywag's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 01/11/2018 - 22:23
Posts: 2438
Location: Ohio, United States
Coyote2710 wrote:
Sunnysunsun wrote:
Coyote2710 wrote:
hello, best driver for osram 1mm red (CSLNM1.23) around 1.5-2A using single 18650? continuous use on C8+.

5 or 6*7135

thanks, but what do you think about the heat with the low Vf?


I’d use a buck driver.
Coyote2710
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/14/2020 - 14:24
Posts: 14
Scallywag wrote:
Coyote2710 wrote:
Sunnysunsun wrote:
Coyote2710 wrote:
hello, best driver for osram 1mm red (CSLNM1.23) around 1.5-2A using single 18650? continuous use on C8+.

5 or 6*7135

thanks, but what do you think about the heat with the low Vf?


I’d use a buck driver.

which one do you recommend?

Pages