*BLF LT1 Lantern Project* (Awaiting for updates on Colored versions)

10757 posts / 0 new
Last post
MNLegoBoy
Offline
Last seen: 45 min 34 sec ago
Joined: 05/02/2019 - 20:21
Posts: 124
Location: MN

Coscar wrote:
2 days from China to Indiana?!? Has Sofrin/Amazon started shipping stock from the US?

Yes there are ones in stock at amazon with 2 day shipping with prime

Wowtac A1S BSS, Sofirn C8T, Wurkkos WK30, D4s - BLF LT1 maybe soon™
"You can't be scared of the dark, if there's no dark to be scared of"
-Me

atobe
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 09/14/2019 - 23:27
Posts: 223
Location: California

Guess I’ll have to re-order while USA stock is available. And figure out the other order after.

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Sparky.
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 05/18/2019 - 15:49
Posts: 37

If ordering thru Amazon — It’s with batteries and there is a limit of just one.

adirondackdestroyer
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 8 sec ago
Joined: 08/01/2016 - 08:05
Posts: 240
Location: US
Sparky. wrote:
If ordering thru Amazon — It’s with batteries and there is a limit of just one.

Are there any codes for ordering on Amazon ?

Sparky.
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 05/18/2019 - 15:49
Posts: 37

I don’t have a code to try but I did try and order more than one and I got a disclaimer message stating that I could order only one.

DarkShot
DarkShot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2019 - 16:15
Posts: 75
Location: Canada

I sent a PM through BLF a week or so ago, and I’ve just sent a message through Amazon as well.

Hopefully I’ll receive a response soon. I ordered through Amazon.ca but they’re out of stock through there, and I’ll have to pay shipping to get it through Amazon.com

whopist
Online
Last seen: 9 min 10 sec ago
Joined: 02/21/2012 - 09:34
Posts: 66

My Missing LT1

I just sent a message to Sofirn through Amazon.

whopist

MNLegoBoy
Offline
Last seen: 45 min 34 sec ago
Joined: 05/02/2019 - 20:21
Posts: 124
Location: MN

whopist wrote:
My Missing LT1

I just sent a message to Sofirn through Amazon.

whopist


Hope you get similar news as me

Wowtac A1S BSS, Sofirn C8T, Wurkkos WK30, D4s - BLF LT1 maybe soon™
"You can't be scared of the dark, if there's no dark to be scared of"
-Me

ImLagging
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 10/12/2019 - 11:14
Posts: 17

Mine is still missing. According to 17track (after I found someone that could do a proper translation), mine was returned to the shipper due to an invalid delivery address. It’s the address that was provided by Amazon and has not changed. I’ve already received my first LT1 without issue, to the same address. This second one for whatever reason was returned without even entering the US. USPS and Amazon still show no tracking updates since Jan 3rd. The last update on 17track is Jan 31st. Amazon has updated their delivery estimate to March 3rd.

I had sent a private message through this message board to Sofirn a week ago, but have yet to get a reply. I realize that CNY was extended due to the Corona IRC’s situation, but as I understand it, businesses should be back up and running by now.

Has anyone gotten any (preferably those with missing/late/lost packages) replies from Sofirn over the past week?

whopist
Online
Last seen: 9 min 10 sec ago
Joined: 02/21/2012 - 09:34
Posts: 66

My missing LT1

Well finally some info from Sofirn!
This reply from Sofirn came through Amazon:

“Hello Jerry,
Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience cuased. And yes we have noticed the issue as well. Honestly, we find around 8 packages which all the LT1s without new shipping information from 2019 12-21. And we have contact the shipping company to work with this as well. And they told me it may take times to them to fnd the package from one place to another. And ask us give time to them to solve the issue.

Sincerely sorry and please do not worry and we will definitely let you lost the money , if the shipping company getting back to me and conform the package lost we would like to refund or replace as soon as possible.

We are working on this as well , honest, we will check all the order that we shipped around 1.5month later to make sure all our customer receive the package.
Sorry again and please give the post office time to assist us check your package. I feel very upset about this as well, as i know you guys have long time waiting for the lantern.

Zoe”

seven7seven
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 13 hours ago
Joined: 08/06/2019 - 13:15
Posts: 20
Location: South Africa

I just popped 4 brand new, never used never charged cells into my 2nd Lt1 that just arrived and plugged it in to charge expecting it to take a while about after 2 minutes the switch turned green!

Batt Check is cycling through different voltages – 3.6,3.6,3.9,4.2, are those the individual cell voltages and if so I don’t know how 1 cell charged so fast, maybe its defective??

MtnDon
MtnDon's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 08/27/2015 - 18:25
Posts: 2790
Location: Canuk in NM
seven7seven wrote:
Am I correct that BattCheck gives the voltage of each cell?

Battery check reads the cells as a group connected in parallel. The cells power the light in parallel, the cells are charged in parallel. There is no way each cell can be read individually, except for removing them from the light.

What was the voltage reading on each individual cell before they were placed in the light? Don’t assume they were the same just because they were newly acquired. I don’t know why you should get a sequence of reading like that unless it has something to do with unequal voltages between the newly inserted cells. Tossed into a light like this, cells with unequal voltages will cause current to flow from the higher voltage cells to the lower. That may cause voltage reading issues, but I can’t say for sure what we would see the Batt Check doing.

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 25 min 38 sec ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6241
Location: Ontario, Canada

seven7seven wrote:
I just popped 4 brand new, never used never charged cells into my 2nd Lt1 that just arrived and plugged it in to charge expecting it to take a while about after 2 minutes the switch turned green!

Batt Check is cycling through different voltages – 3.6,3.6,3.9,4.2, are those the individual cell voltages and if so I don’t know how 1 cell charged so fast, maybe its defective??

were the cells flat tops or button tops? (the voltage batt check should read only one reading. use a volt meter if you have one to check each individual cell, it seems that three of the four cells were not contacting the top positive ring, or somehow not connected in parallel as all four should be.

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

seven7seven
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 13 hours ago
Joined: 08/06/2019 - 13:15
Posts: 20
Location: South Africa

Also, I have a Samsung USB charger that says the output is 5.3V (2A),presumably that’s fine to use?

Thanks so much. This forum and lantern is awesome!

MtnDon
MtnDon's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 08/27/2015 - 18:25
Posts: 2790
Location: Canuk in NM

DBSAR wrote:

were the cells flat tops or button tops? (the voltage batt check should read only one reading. use a volt meter if you have one to check each individual cell, it seems that three of the four cells were not contacting the top positive ring, or somehow not connected in parallel as all four should be.

good point on the flat vs button top question

Batt check gives a reading and then keeps running repeatedly unless the button is clicked once. Is that what you mean by stating the voltage rreading changes. ?

seven7seven
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 13 hours ago
Joined: 08/06/2019 - 13:15
Posts: 20
Location: South Africa

Thanks they are button tops. I measured with multi meter and 3.57,3.58,3.58,3.59.

I popped them into my 3rd (got 4 in total) Lt1 and BattCheck gives consistent 3.5. Put them back into 2nd Lt1 and it now gives consistent 3.6.

Not sure why the slight discrepancy but at least it’s giving consistent reading now.

Thanks so much for the help!

MtnDon
MtnDon's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 08/27/2015 - 18:25
Posts: 2790
Location: Canuk in NM

seven7seven wrote:

Not sure why the slight discrepancy but at least it’s giving consistent reading now.

I am happy if two different lights give a reading within a tenth of a volt.

Big_Sam
Big_Sam's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 03/21/2018 - 07:54
Posts: 174
Location: UK

My batch 2 LT1 under reports the voltage by 0.1v, it it charges perfectly to 4.2 so doesn’t really matter. Toy keeper said the voltage reading is commonly out by 0.1v on these driver chips, but as the charging chip is independent it doesn’t matter too much.

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 25 min 38 sec ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6241
Location: Ontario, Canada

MtnDon wrote:
DBSAR wrote:

were the cells flat tops or button tops? (the voltage batt check should read only one reading. use a volt meter if you have one to check each individual cell, it seems that three of the four cells were not contacting the top positive ring, or somehow not connected in parallel as all four should be.

good point on the flat vs button top question

Batt check gives a reading and then keeps running repeatedly unless the button is clicked once. Is that what you mean by stating the voltage rreading changes. ?

it just repeats the same reading it gets from the battery ring.

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 25 min 38 sec ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6241
Location: Ontario, Canada

seven7seven wrote:
Thanks they are button tops. I measured with multi meter and 3.57,3.58,3.58,3.59.

I popped them into my 3rd (got 4 in total) Lt1 and BattCheck gives consistent 3.5. Put them back into 2nd Lt1 and it now gives consistent 3.6.

Not sure why the slight discrepancy but at least it’s giving consistent reading now.

Thanks so much for the help!

good to hear the issue is fixed, it was likely some false reading or connection, (as in the body not tightened enough to make a good continuity is one possible cause.

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

Thescreensavers
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 4 hours ago
Joined: 08/20/2018 - 23:32
Posts: 6
Location: Florida

Thescreensavers wrote:
228 Oring – https://imgur.com/SjC0szi
137 Oring – https://imgur.com/O3BlsvG
  1. fits a lot better than 228 with some positive retention, cannot come off that easily but Id want it tighter. I am thinking of trying 135 Next.

small update, O-ring size #135 Fits great, I installed one top and bottom. https://imgur.com/JzP0Dyu

Rayoui
Rayoui's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 08/06/2019 - 00:38
Posts: 182
Location: Portland, OR

I ended up just super gluing the factory orange o-ring. Now it doesn’t move Big Smile

sbslider
sbslider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 01/22/2017 - 13:41
Posts: 1554
Location: United States

Big_Sam wrote:
My batch 2 LT1 under reports the voltage by 0.1v

One of my 3 reports 0.2V low.

ToyKeeper said I could tweak the code to correct this, but I’m passing. It was a gift for one of my sons, and I was delivering it in person a couple days after it arrived. I’m fine flashing the LT1 with compiled code, but I’m not ready to change code and recompile, then flash.

PocketSammich wrote: I don’t need this, but I want it. Please sign me up.

seven7seven
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 13 hours ago
Joined: 08/06/2019 - 13:15
Posts: 20
Location: South Africa

DBSAR wrote:
seven7seven wrote:
Thanks they are button tops. I measured with multi meter and 3.57,3.58,3.58,3.59.

I popped them into my 3rd (got 4 in total) Lt1 and BattCheck gives consistent 3.5. Put them back into 2nd Lt1 and it now gives consistent 3.6.

Not sure why the slight discrepancy but at least it’s giving consistent reading now.

Thanks so much for the help!

good to hear the issue is fixed, it was likely some false reading or connection, (as in the body not tightened enough to make a good continuity is one possible cause.

Yes thanks for the help.

Am I correct that you can charge it with up to 12V?

MtnDon
MtnDon's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 08/27/2015 - 18:25
Posts: 2790
Location: Canuk in NM

Yes.

daguy80
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 03/19/2011 - 22:38
Posts: 13

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the speed of the flickering light in candle mode? I remember some one being able to do it.

sbslider
sbslider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 01/22/2017 - 13:41
Posts: 1554
Location: United States

daguy80 wrote:
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the speed of the flickering light in candle mode? I remember some one being able to do it.

I have not heard of this until this post.

PocketSammich wrote: I don’t need this, but I want it. Please sign me up.

Photonica
Photonica's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 09/20/2019 - 10:10
Posts: 306
Location: Midwest USA
daguy80 wrote:
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the speed of the flickering light in candle mode? I remember some one being able to do it.

It’s not easy to tell from the UI chart for Anduril, but try this: In Candle mode, Hold the button down. To slow it, Click, then Hold.

More Photons!

sbslider
sbslider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 01/22/2017 - 13:41
Posts: 1554
Location: United States

you can make the intensity higher or lower, but not change the speed of the flicker to faster or slower. Its one or the other. Faster/slower applies to the party strobe and tactical strobe.

PocketSammich wrote: I don’t need this, but I want it. Please sign me up.

atobe
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 09/14/2019 - 23:27
Posts: 223
Location: California

In candle mode you can only adjust the brightness (same as in bike flasher), the faster/slower is for the 2 strobe modes.

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Pages