*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated June,02,2020)

11187 posts / 0 new
Last post
California_Prepper
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 02/23/2019 - 13:25
Posts: 393

Good to know. I have the original version,usb a to usb c suits me just fine.

sochi111
sochi111's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 02/21/2017 - 14:59
Posts: 248
Lightenzaza wrote:
Cggzilla wrote:
Does anyone know if the Amazon Canada LT1 is the latest 5.0 Version?
Mine, 5 weeks old, is 5.0 .

There are already 5 versions of the LT1?

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 10462
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3
sochi111 wrote:
There are already 5 versions of the LT1?

No, just 2. The driver circuit went through a few revisions before release, and then had one update after release.

YogibearAl
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 12/29/2019 - 03:38
Posts: 197
Location: WA
Coscar wrote:
Here are some shades I made from ‘collapsible, silicone dog bowls’ for my LT1 and Zanflare T1 lanterns. The bowls were originally only $2/ea on eBay last year but I think they might be a little more now. They work great and I cant imagine my lanterns without them.

Along these lines anyone found a good base for these yet? The base doesn’t have rubber and can easily get scratched when camping. Wonder if there is a foldable base like this collapsible shade. Looks great BTW.

YogibearAl
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 12/29/2019 - 03:38
Posts: 197
Location: WA

Another hack here is the orange rubber ring for protection? The groove on the head of the lantern light is way too shallow and the rubber ring slides off at the touch. If it was meant to protect the lantern it’s not doing a great job. I just found an unused silicon wrist band and wrapped it around the top. Maybe one for the base will help too? It holds in place way better than the orange one which pops off in the case everytime I pull it out to play with. Smile

May need to find one for kids on the base.

Hope they change the design for V2 of the lantern.

Helios azimuth
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 04/08/2019 - 22:23
Posts: 291
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains

YogibearAl wrote:

Along these lines anyone found a good base for these yet? The base doesn’t have rubber and can easily get scratched when camping. Wonder if there is a foldable base like this collapsible shade. Looks great BTW.

A good base will make it more stable too.
A ranger station had those silicone wrist bands for kids and told me to take one, so I got a glow in the dark version. Works great and makes less noise if you knock it over.
cm64
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 04/20/2015 - 06:42
Posts: 151
Location: Melbourne Australia

Maybe something like a Universal Mini Tripod Stand as a base.
Lots available on Aliexpress

not sure if this link will work …

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000953453784.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist...

Cggzilla
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 09/03/2019 - 19:01
Posts: 7
Location: Canada

Hi everyone, just got my LT1 and I’m loving it. Thanks to everyone involved in the process.

I’m working on a detachable base that doubles as a bumper. This is the first version as I tweak with the tolerances (I have a very cheap printer that isn’t set up very well). It retains access to the tripod hole. I’m thinking of making it click into the ridges instead of being help in by friction. I’ll possibly do some different types of bases as well. I’m an amateur so we will see how it turns out.

This would also work well printed in TPU for the grip and anti-shock properties, but I do not have any TPU filament to test. Once I tidy things up I will share the file here Smile


goshdogit
goshdogit's picture
Online
Last seen: 8 min 39 sec ago
Joined: 12/03/2015 - 21:28
Posts: 1135

Looks good, Cggzilla! Thumbs Up

Good idea leaving the tripod hole accessible.

I’ll definitely print one for my LT1 when you get your design finalized! Party

Cggzilla
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 09/03/2019 - 19:01
Posts: 7
Location: Canada

Here is the Thingiverse link to the base I made. May require a bit of scaling based on your printer!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4545362

Coscar
Coscar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 01/03/2016 - 20:16
Posts: 703
Location: Gulf Coast
Thumbs Up That’s neat! Beer

Im not a Pessimist …. just an Optimist with a lot of experience


A little John Prine

goshdogit
goshdogit's picture
Online
Last seen: 8 min 39 sec ago
Joined: 12/03/2015 - 21:28
Posts: 1135

Cggzilla, I just printed one of your LT1 bases and it works perfectly!

I sliced your model with Cura and printed it in PLA with 20% infill on a Creality Ender 3.

It’s a perfect fit! It takes a bit of effort to install and remove—exactly what I was hoping.

I also discovered that it fits my first-run BLF Q8, so I’m printing another for that now.

Thanks for creating and sharing your design! It’s a must-have for the LT1. Thumbs Up

Rexlion
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 min ago
Joined: 05/18/2019 - 16:59
Posts: 704
Location: Okla.

That base does look sweet. Mmmm…. I wonder if it will fit in the JBL-style carry case, maybe up top with the usb cord?

Cggzilla
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 09/03/2019 - 19:01
Posts: 7
Location: Canada

goshdogit wrote:
Cggzilla, I just printed one of your LT1 bases and it works perfectly!

I sliced your model with Cura and printed it in PLA with 20% infill on a Creality Ender 3.

It’s a perfect fit! It takes a bit of effort to install and remove—exactly what I was hoping.

I also discovered that it fits my first-run BLF Q8, so I’m printing another for that now.

Thanks for creating and sharing your design! It’s a must-have for the LT1. Thumbs Up

Awesome!! Glad it worked out great for you!

Rexlion wrote:
That base does look sweet. Mmmm…. I wonder if it will fit in the JBL-style carry case, maybe up top with the usb cord?

My JBL case is coming in the mail (I got one without the extra pocket at the top of the lantern). I’d love to test it for you but it’s coming from China so it will take a very long time Crying

sovereignknight
sovereignknight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 hours ago
Joined: 01/18/2016 - 23:44
Posts: 516
Location: Northern California

This is a really cool looking lantern!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_3:16 

Flashlights:

x2 Sk68 modded 1 Nichia 319AT, 1 Cree XP-G3 - x1 Solorforce P60 drop in custom XM-L2 U4 1C, Qlight Rev.A 7135*8 3.04A Driver - x2 Lumintop EDC05 CW - x2 Jaxman E2L tripple XP-G2 S4 
x1 Jaxman Z1 Zoomie, w/ Cree MT-G2 Q0 LED - x1 Acebeam K40m thrower with MT-G2 Q0 LED - x1 Xintd SC-82 V5 Limited Edition C8, XM-L2 U4 1C, Qlight Rev.A 7135*8 3.04A Driver
x1 Convoy L6 moded with a Cree XHP-70.2 P2 1D LED - x1 Rare Olight x7 Maurauder with a Nuetral White LED - x1 Astrolux MF-01 Nichia 219c - x1 Astrolux MF-01 Cree XP-G3 - x2 Zebralight SC5w MKII  

x2 Lumintop Tool AA - x1  x2 Lumintop Tool AA 2.0 - x1 Lumintop ODL20C - x1 Lumintop GT mini - x1 Olight i3E EOS - x2 Zebralight SC600w Plus MK IV XHP 50.2 4500k 80 CRI - x1 Fenix CL30R - x1 Lumintop C01 Bike Light - x1 Lumintop Zoom 1 - x2 Zebralight Sc700d - x2 Lumintop Tool AA 2.0 Ti - x1 Olight I3T EOS

pol77
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 02/21/2019 - 07:54
Posts: 193
Location: London

Sorry if this has been asked before. I have seen the post from ToyKeeper saying there is no commercially available firmware update kit. Is there a guide on what we need to convert and use the D4V2 update kit on the LT1, since the pinout is different?

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 10462
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3
pol77 wrote:
… there is no commercially available firmware update kit. Is there a guide on what we need to convert and use the D4V2 update kit on the LT1, since the pinout is different?

I had hoped things would standardize on a single layout, but that didn’t happen. Sad

Emisar/Noctigon lights use this pinout…

   RS V-
V+ SC MI MO

… and the LT1 (and several other lights) use Lexel’s pinout:

RS V+ V-
SC MI MO

The HQ ProgKey is designed to work with both.

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6297
Location: Ontario, Canada

Cggzilla wrote:
Hi everyone, just got my LT1 and I’m loving it. Thanks to everyone involved in the process.

I’m working on a detachable base that doubles as a bumper. This is the first version as I tweak with the tolerances (I have a very cheap printer that isn’t set up very well). It retains access to the tripod hole. I’m thinking of making it click into the ridges instead of being help in by friction. I’ll possibly do some different types of bases as well. I’m an amateur so we will see how it turns out.

This would also work well printed in TPU for the grip and anti-shock properties, but I do not have any TPU filament to test. Once I tidy things up I will share the file here Smile


!https://i.imgur.com/oGLq6yX.png!

That base stand looks awesome! Thumbs Up

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

bulbed
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 07/30/2018 - 15:47
Posts: 34

I brought a (thrift store..:)) Joby GorillaPod Original Tripod for point and shoot camera,it works perfectly at the base or side screw ,Need to pick some wrist bands to better protection,I agree orange rings always slides out ,every time I pop it out of my LTI case(JBL speaker case)

@Cggzilla +1 your efforts

pc_light
pc_light's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 12 hours ago
Joined: 03/24/2017 - 16:19
Posts: 398
Location: United States

Nice work, CGGzilla.

I don’t have a 3D printer so I scrounged up a color coordinated bottle cap (Tropicana OJ).

A little trimming of the inside for a nice fit, and to ensure it stays on, drilled a hole and used a nylon flattop bolt.

Here it is ready for travel.

Seeking the light.

Coscar
Coscar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 01/03/2016 - 20:16
Posts: 703
Location: Gulf Coast
Thumbs Up Cool Beer

Im not a Pessimist …. just an Optimist with a lot of experience


A little John Prine

Helios azimuth
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 04/08/2019 - 22:23
Posts: 291
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains

pc_light wrote:
Nice work, CGGzilla.

I don’t have a 3D printer so I scrounged up a color coordinated bottle cap (Tropicana OJ).

A little trimming of the inside for a nice fit, and to ensure it stays on, drilled a hole and used a nylon flattop bolt.

Here it is ready for travel.

!{width:40%}https://i.imgur.com/czWsZg1.jpg!


Nice idea and very inventive!
MtnDon
MtnDon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 26 min ago
Joined: 08/27/2015 - 18:25
Posts: 3163
Location: Canuk in NM

pc_light wrote:
Nice work, CGGzilla.

I don’t have a 3D printer so I scrounged up a color coordinated bottle cap (Tropicana OJ).

A little trimming of the inside for a nice fit, and to ensure it stays on, drilled a hole and used a nylon flattop bolt.

Here it is ready for travel.

Great idea

goshdogit
goshdogit's picture
Online
Last seen: 8 min 39 sec ago
Joined: 12/03/2015 - 21:28
Posts: 1135

That’s great, pc_light! Thumbs Up

jeff51
jeff51's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 03/26/2019 - 17:36
Posts: 539
Location: Middle of Texas

Rexlion wrote:
That base does look sweet. Mmmm…. I wonder if it will fit in the JBL-style carry case, maybe up top with the usb cord?

Should be as easy fit diameter wise. It looks smaller than the head.
If it doesn’t add too much length, it should be OK while attached to the lamp.
In the top? Depends on how much room the straps take up.
All the Best,
Jeff
Blggg
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 13 min ago
Joined: 08/25/2018 - 07:23
Posts: 97
Location: Thailand

Any updates on the accessories? I would love to try out the side reflector (foil covered license plate or something similar) as I found that in most cases, I use the light just from one direction, to read a book for example, so the light shining to the other directions is wasted.

Pages