【convoy】17mm SST40 driver with biscotti firmware and temperature protection will be available

2126 posts / 0 new
Last post
oweban
oweban's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 02/12/2019 - 06:34
Posts: 820
Location: Sydney AU

Fantastic as always Smile

Will this be my first 21700 light? Wink

VaKo
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 08/15/2015 - 15:28
Posts: 168
Location: United Kingdom

Will the new 22mm XHP35 driver fit in this light?

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 506
Location: China,Dong guan

VaKo wrote:

Will the new 22mm XHP35 driver fit in this light?

the size is suitable ,but i think there is no need to use XHP35

sst20 and xpl hi are enough

Chatika vas Paus
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 32 min ago
Joined: 09/03/2017 - 13:46
Posts: 656

Why bezel isn’t stainless steel?

80T
80T's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 01/24/2019 - 18:11
Posts: 197
Location: Romania/Ireland

Simon Mao wrote:
VaKo wrote:
!https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48090902952_d5bae1a96a_b.jpg! Will the new 22mm XHP35 driver fit in this light?
the size is suitable ,but i think there is no need to use XHP35 sst20 and xpl hi are enough

 

Now that's a winner flashlight there Smile

 

I'll take some XP-L HD or Luxeon V's thank you Big Smile

oweban
oweban's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 02/12/2019 - 06:34
Posts: 820
Location: Sydney AU

Planning on having it by itself, or in a light+battery combo?

Sivy
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 05/08/2014 - 09:00
Posts: 105
Location: Kent, England

Hi Simon

Would it be possible to have this driver… https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/17mm-Driver-for-SST40-4-modes-0... ….. without memory , always starting on low?

VaKo
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 08/15/2015 - 15:28
Posts: 168
Location: United Kingdom

Simon Mao wrote:

the size is suitable ,but i think there is no need to use XHP35

sst20 and xpl hi are enough

If I was a reasonable man I would agree Wink

Noctiluco
Noctiluco's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 12 hours ago
Joined: 11/29/2013 - 18:13
Posts: 243
Location: Spain

Nice those AAA titanium! What kind of led? Number of modes? Neutral/warm led options? Does it support 10440?

I have a SS Convoy AAA and it eats 3.7V very well…

jasontheguitarist
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 02/25/2019 - 11:45
Posts: 191
Location: South Carolina

Sivy wrote:
Hi Simon

Would it be possible to have this driver… https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/17mm-Driver-for-SST40-4-modes-0... ….. without memory , always starting on low?

Someone asked before, and Simon doesn’t think there’s enough demand, he believes everyone just loves mode memory and can’t get enough of it. The only convoy drivers worth buying if you don’t always want memory are the biscotti drivers since they give you choices, but they only go up to 2.8a.

His new drivers are a huge step back software wise.

oweban
oweban's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 02/12/2019 - 06:34
Posts: 820
Location: Sydney AU

Yeah, on my biscottis I have memory turned off. On my Anduril/ramping firmwares it’s on, but that’s because there’s shortcuts to other modes. If it’s just on/off and change, then I always want to start at the lowest mode. Don’t want to blind myself because I either forgot to set to low the last time I used it, or to have to cycle through.

Ryzbor
Ryzbor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 43 min 55 sec ago
Joined: 01/21/2018 - 10:52
Posts: 289
Location: Poland

The ability to turn the mode memory off and/or having the ability to cycle backwards by doing a long click or double click would be a welcome addition to this medieval U still keeping it more then muggle friendly.

Bt, Biscotti doesn’t have immediate mode memory, or does it?

virence.com rosy 3500K R9080 Wizard Pro, MF01 Mini 4000K R9080 (needs more 219B), super rosy 3000K E21A mix Skilhunt H04 on it's way

Nicolicous
Nicolicous's picture
Online
Last seen: 12 min 47 sec ago
Joined: 04/16/2016 - 08:28
Posts: 1489
Location: Australia

sorry for being off topic…. im looking to buy couple NCR18650BD (3200mAH) from Simon store and wanting to know if ithave circuit board protection ?

also the capacity is actually 3200mAH?

Nico -.-

oweban
oweban's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 02/12/2019 - 06:34
Posts: 820
Location: Sydney AU

You can enable it – option 2 in config mode IIRC.

http://i.imgur.com/sNXV4tt.jpg

Although that probably should be rewritten, it’s more like 16 taps instead of 10 to get into config, at least that’s what I’ve found.

Nico, looks like that NCR is 10A continuous discharge; I don’t know of any protected batteries OTOH that do that much. Usually ~2C from memory.

gchart
gchart's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 03/19/2016 - 11:57
Posts: 1910
Location: Central IL

Those AAA titanium lights look nice! I’m not a big fan of the keychain attachment sticking out like that, but it probably won’t stop me from getting one.

patmurris
patmurris's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 12/22/2014 - 15:54
Posts: 1430
Location: Nice, France

I love those Ti AAA lights!
Any specs and numbers?
ETA?

Phlogiston
Phlogiston's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 10/27/2016 - 16:57
Posts: 911
Location: Scotland

oweban wrote:
Nico, looks like that NCR is 10A continuous discharge; I don’t know of any protected batteries OTOH that do that much. Usually ~2C from memory.
The NCR18650GA is rated for 3500mAh, 10A maximum discharge current. Keeppower and EagTac both do protected cells with those ratings, and they’re believed to be using the GA cell.

In my experience, Keeppower cells tend to be fat – mine don’t fit into all of my lights. EagTac cells are slimmer and fit all of the lights I’ve tried them in, although one or two were a tight fit – rotate the cell until it slides in type stuff.

The other side of that tradeoff is that the Keeppower cells are significantly cheaper.

oweban
oweban's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 02/12/2019 - 06:34
Posts: 820
Location: Sydney AU

Interesting, thanks Smile learn something new every day.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 506
Location: China,Dong guan
Chatika vas Paus wrote:
Why bezel isn’t stainless steel?

This is just a sample ,it will be stainless steel

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 506
Location: China,Dong guan
oweban wrote:
Planning on having it by itself, or in a light+battery combo?

you can order the flashlight and the battery, then close the payment page ,leave me a message ,i will caculate the amount and adjust it

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 506
Location: China,Dong guan

Sivy wrote:
Hi Simon

Would it be possible to have this driver… https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/17mm-Driver-for-SST40-4-modes-0... ….. without memory , always starting on low?

it can be produced ,but few people need it

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 506
Location: China,Dong guan

Noctiluco wrote:
Nice those AAA titanium! What kind of led? Number of modes? Neutral/warm led options? Does it support 10440?

I have a SS Convoy AAA and it eats 3.7V very well…

this is just host ,
I can design the corresponding driver

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 506
Location: China,Dong guan

Nicolicous wrote:
sorry for being off topic…. im looking to buy couple NCR18650BD (3200mAH) from Simon store and wanting to know if ithave circuit board protection ?

also the capacity is actually 3200mAH?

i have protected NCR18650BD, i will add it in my store soon

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 2375
Location: Sweden

Simon Mao wrote:
Noctiluco wrote:
Nice those AAA titanium! What kind of led? Number of modes? Neutral/warm led options? Does it support 10440?

I have a SS Convoy AAA and it eats 3.7V very well…

this is just host ,
I can design the corresponding driver

thats a nice looking host.

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

Tally-ho
Tally-ho's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 07/23/2011 - 04:15
Posts: 1310
Location: France

gchart wrote:
Those AAA titanium lights look nice! I’m not a big fan of the keychain attachment sticking out like that

Yes this keychain attachment should be made differently, at best like the sofirn C01, at least like the jetbeam jet-u or DQG AAA (I don’t have much AAA flashlights to compare with).
Agro
Agro's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 48 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 5387
Location: Ślōnsk

Myself I prefer centrally placed attachment points and while I can’t say I like the current one, for me it’s better than C01 or Jet-µ or DQG AAA. But worse then DQG Fairy or Astrolux A01.

Chatika vas Paus
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 32 min ago
Joined: 09/03/2017 - 13:46
Posts: 656

Simon.
I received your driver for “M3” today and put it in the JKK70 with the xhp70.2.
Thermal protection works very fast. Too fast.
The flashlight is not even warm and after about 50 seconds the brightness decreases. It seems to me that you should increase the temperature protection.

amishbill
amishbill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 7 hours ago
Joined: 05/01/2019 - 10:03
Posts: 693
Location: GA

SKV89 wrote:
For small lights, I like start in moonlight since I use my flashlights in the middle of the night and dont want a blinding light. It would be good if theres an option to enable or disable moonlight mode like in the Reylights.

With the exception of gun/combat lights, my perfect light would always start in low or moonlight, then ramp up and down. I suspect I’ll have to learn to modify and flash firmware to get this.

DIY LT1 battery wrap image. "PDF on Google Drive":https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IHIEOi1NXu868IYNCzIM7D2Ulpxchmww

Fresh Sanyo NCR18650GAs already wrapped "for sale HERE":http://budgetlightforum.com/node/69120 if you like.

RelakS
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 22 hours ago
Joined: 04/13/2019 - 11:43
Posts: 110
Location: Hungary
Chatika vas Paus wrote:
Simon. I received your driver for “M3” today and put it in the JKK70 with the xhp70.2. Thermal protection works very fast. Too fast. The flashlight is not even warm and after about 50 seconds the brightness decreases. It seems to me that you should increase the temperature protection.

Yes, something is definitely weird. The M3 itself also not even warm when the temperature protection kicks in, but it almost burnt my hand when I took it apart and touched the driver retainer ring Shocked At least it was very hot to touch.

KevinZA1988
KevinZA1988's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 51 sec ago
Joined: 02/26/2018 - 02:26
Posts: 749
Location: South Africa
RelakS wrote:
Chatika vas Paus wrote:
Simon. I received your driver for “M3” today and put it in the JKK70 with the xhp70.2. Thermal protection works very fast. Too fast. The flashlight is not even warm and after about 50 seconds the brightness decreases. It seems to me that you should increase the temperature protection.

Yes, something is definitely weird. The M3 itself also not even warm when the temperature protection kicks in, but it almost burnt my hand when I took it apart and touched the driver retainer ring Shocked At least it was very hot to touch.

The temp sensor obviously gets triggered by the hot driver. If you can add a copper or aluminum spacer with silicone sheets it should perform a lot better. Try and conduct as much heat as possible away from the driver into the host.

Armytek Prime C1 Pro, Armytek Prime C2 Pro, Armytek Tiara C1 Pro, Astrolux MF01 Mini, BLF Q8, BLF A6, BLF FW1A, BLF FW3A, BLF FW3C, Convoy L6, Convoy C8+ , Convoy S3, Convoy M21A, Convoy S11, Emisar D4, Fireflies E07, Jaxman E2L, Lumintop EDC18, Manta Ray C8.2 long version, Olight S1R Baton II special edition series, S2R Baton II, Nitecore HC65, Olight H1R Nova.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JaJaDv4V838AEJf39

Pages