*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

11892 posts / 0 new
Last post
SIGShooter
SIGShooter's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 07/14/2013 - 02:10
Posts: 2546
Location: northern california

saypat wrote:
can someone in the know clarify if one can order a light with cells from Amazon, or only E-Bay or the other place? Thanks.
Currently just ebay and aliexpress. The PM from Sofirn should contain the url’s for those 2 sites.
barbuto
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/29/2019 - 20:10
Posts: 8
Location: Russia

I apologize, I recently on this forum. Please explain how I can participate in the purchase of this flashlight?

sbslider
sbslider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 01/22/2017 - 13:41
Posts: 1712
Location: United States

SIGShooter wrote:
saypat wrote:
can someone in the know clarify if one can order a light with cells from Amazon, or only E-Bay or the other place? Thanks.
Currently just ebay and aliexpress. The PM from Sofirn should contain the url’s for those 2 sites.

This post from Sofirn outlines how to purchase one of the first 500 immediately, at least that’s how I interpret it. Seems like its open season for the first 500 LT1s via ebay or ali. I made an offer on one at 5am PDT and have not yet heard back if it was accepted or not. I suspect later this evening.

PocketSammich wrote: I don’t need this, but I want it. Please sign me up.

atobe
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 35 min ago
Joined: 09/14/2019 - 23:27
Posts: 403
Location: California
sbslider wrote:
SIGShooter wrote:
saypat wrote:
can someone in the know clarify if one can order a light with cells from Amazon, or only E-Bay or the other place? Thanks.
Currently just ebay and aliexpress. The PM from Sofirn should contain the url’s for those 2 sites.
This post from Sofirn outlines how to purchase one of the first 500 immediately, at least that’s how I interpret it. Seems like its open season for the first 500 LT1s via ebay or ali. I made an offer on one at 5am PDT and have not yet heard back if it was accepted or not. I suspect later this evening.

Oh I thought it was open for all when I saw Sofirn’s message. I made an offer anyways on eBay opps.

"☚ (<‿<)☚"

RollerBoySE
RollerBoySE's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/13/2014 - 11:23
Posts: 1034
Location: Sweden
atobe wrote:
sbslider wrote:
SIGShooter wrote:
saypat wrote:
can someone in the know clarify if one can order a light with cells from Amazon, or only E-Bay or the other place? Thanks.
Currently just ebay and aliexpress. The PM from Sofirn should contain the url’s for those 2 sites.
This post from Sofirn outlines how to purchase one of the first 500 immediately, at least that’s how I interpret it. Seems like its open season for the first 500 LT1s via ebay or ali. I made an offer on one at 5am PDT and have not yet heard back if it was accepted or not. I suspect later this evening.

Oh I thought it was open for all when I saw Sofirn’s message. I made an offer anyways on eBay opps.

I thought we had to wait for a personal code ???

BrianK
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 4 days ago
Joined: 06/23/2016 - 08:14
Posts: 1093
Location: Central Maine, USA
barbuto wrote:
I apologize, I recently on this forum. Please explain how I can participate in the purchase of this flashlight?

If there is a way to get it shipped to you then all you need to do is let the folks here know how many you want and you’ll be added to the list. The list doesn’t mean you are committed to buy. That comes later when money changes hands.

barbuto
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/29/2019 - 20:10
Posts: 8
Location: Russia
BrianK wrote:
barbuto wrote:
I apologize, I recently on this forum. Please explain how I can participate in the purchase of this flashlight?

If there is a way to get it shipped to you then all you need to do is let the folks here know how many you want and you’ll be added to the list. The list doesn’t mean you are committed to buy. That comes later when money changes hands.

Thank you very much. Yes, I can get a flashlight with Aliexpress.
If it is enough to indicate my interest in this topic, then yes, I confirm my participation. I am interested in 1 piece.

sbslider
sbslider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 01/22/2017 - 13:41
Posts: 1712
Location: United States

RollerBoySE wrote:

I thought we had to wait for a personal code ???


best I can tell there are no personal codes required for ali or ebay. see Sofirn’s post for the details.

PocketSammich wrote: I don’t need this, but I want it. Please sign me up.

djans1397
djans1397's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/05/2018 - 16:58
Posts: 108
Location: Big Sky country

So are these ready for purchase or not?

When/how will we be notified when ready to purchase?

I’m in for 3 as stated awhile back
Kionix
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 08/26/2019 - 10:50
Posts: 8

One more with batteries for me please

enix316
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 05/21/2019 - 14:41
Posts: 11

If at all possible put me down for another discount code (damn friends…). That will be a total of 4 for me. Thanks.

SIGShooter
SIGShooter's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 07/14/2013 - 02:10
Posts: 2546
Location: northern california

djans1397 wrote:
So are these ready for purchase or not?

When/how will we be notified when ready to purchase?

I’m in for 3 as stated awhile back
Read this

Especially the 10/10 update. If you want to order from Amazon you will have to wait for a PM from Sofirn which is a manual process (so expect some time before you get one).

RollerBoySE
RollerBoySE's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/13/2014 - 11:23
Posts: 1034
Location: Sweden

sbslider wrote:
RollerBoySE wrote:

I thought we had to wait for a personal code ???


best I can tell there are no personal codes required for ali or ebay. see Sofirn’s post for the details.

OK, I made an offer on Ebay (as per instructions in post #7717) for my first (#53 on the interest list). Let’s see what happens…

lasopluv
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 week ago
Joined: 10/06/2019 - 19:09
Posts: 3

Interested!

alternety
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 09/08/2013 - 00:52
Posts: 276
Location: Pacific NW

Another possible approach to giving a batch selection to early adopters. Give them codes that will work on batch 1 or 2. With the ability to choose batches. Then put the unused codes from the first 500 at the beginning of the second batch.

MtnDon
MtnDon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 34 min 5 sec ago
Joined: 08/27/2015 - 18:25
Posts: 4382
Location: Canuk in NM

FWIW, let Sofirn do it their way. They are the ones who have to handle, package, etc. They have supplied options for vendors. Be happy it is in production.

California_Prepper
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 day ago
Joined: 02/23/2019 - 13:25
Posts: 449

I plan on ordering from Amazon. So I just sit back and wait for the code to be sent?

RiGiD
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 9 months ago
Joined: 08/19/2019 - 15:31
Posts: 11

I made my purchase via eBay. Made an offer for the BLF GB price and included my BLF username. I wonder how we will get the rest of the lights we put in for as it is currently limited to one per person.

Bayside_Tigers
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 05/13/2019 - 23:31
Posts: 1

Please add me to the list for 1 more (3 total)!

sbslider
sbslider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 01/22/2017 - 13:41
Posts: 1712
Location: United States

RiGiD wrote:
I made my purchase via eBay. Made an offer for the BLF GB price and included my BLF username. I wonder how we will get the rest of the lights we put in for as it is currently limited to one per person.

That’s good to hear it worked for someone so far. I also made an offer for the BLF GB price and included my BLF username, no response yet. The listing still shows 10 available, as it did when I made the offer. an interesting note, if you want the version with batteries, search for the BLT LT1. Hold the mayo on mine please . . . Big Smile That one also still shows 10 available.

PocketSammich wrote: I don’t need this, but I want it. Please sign me up.

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6472
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
sbslider wrote:
RiGiD wrote:
I made my purchase via eBay. Made an offer for the BLF GB price and included my BLF username. I wonder how we will get the rest of the lights we put in for as it is currently limited to one per person.
That’s good to hear it worked for someone so far. I also made an offer for the BLF GB price and included my BLF username, no response yet. The listing still shows 10 available, as it did when I made the offer. an interesting note, if you want the version with batteries, search for the BLT LT1. Hold the mayo on mine please . . . Big Smile That one also still shows 10 available.

Same for me, I’m guessing its night hours now at Sofirn, and likely we will get some updates when its morning there, (or late night here in the western hemisphere)

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

amishbill
amishbill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 4 months ago
Joined: 05/01/2019 - 10:03
Posts: 714
Location: GA
sbslider wrote:
RiGiD wrote:
I made my purchase via eBay. Made an offer for the BLF GB price and included my BLF username. I wonder how we will get the rest of the lights we put in for as it is currently limited to one per person.
That’s good to hear it worked for someone so far. I also made an offer for the BLF GB price and included my BLF username, no response yet. The listing still shows 10 available, as it did when I made the offer. an interesting note, if you want the version with batteries, search for the BLT LT1. Hold the mayo on mine please . . . Big Smile That one also still shows 10 available.

ROFL… the first link says “BLF LT1 Lantern, sofirn USB Rechargeable LED Lantern 4 18640 Batteries Excluded” and the second, as you said, says “BLT LT1 Lantern, Sofirn USB Rechargeable Lamp with 4pcs 18650 Batteries 3000mAh”

DIY LT1 battery wrap image. "PDF on Google Drive":https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IHIEOi1NXu868IYNCzIM7D2Ulpxchmww

Fresh Sanyo NCR18650GAs already wrapped "for sale HERE":http://budgetlightforum.com/node/69120 if you like.

Old Davo
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 08/27/2018 - 06:56
Posts: 49
Location: Australia
GreenLights wrote:
Does anyone know if the 3000mAh Sofirn batteries offered during the GB are “protected”?

It appears that the cells offered with the GB are these same 3000mah ones available on Sofirn’s AE store, and if so, they are protected. I’d say it’s a safe bet that they are protected.

Old Davo
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 08/27/2018 - 06:56
Posts: 49
Location: Australia

From eBay listing on delivery.

Quote:
SpeedPAK from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan

then,

Quote:
Estimated between Mon. Nov. 11 and Thu. Nov. 21

SpeedPAK huh?

Wink Silly
sbslider
sbslider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 01/22/2017 - 13:41
Posts: 1712
Location: United States

snakesnakington wrote:
Sorry if this message is annoying, but how do we get the Amazon code?

wait for one to be sent to you via PM from Sofirn. They are running the show now. If you are not in the first 500, you MAY have to wait a couple weeks or more.

PocketSammich wrote: I don’t need this, but I want it. Please sign me up.

dl2
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 10/10/2019 - 20:33
Posts: 1

In for 2

Andyman
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 01/12/2016 - 00:29
Posts: 292
Location: United States

sbslider wrote:
snakesnakington wrote:
Sorry if this message is annoying, but how do we get the Amazon code?

wait for one to be sent to you via PM from Sofirn. They are running the show now. If you are not in the first 500, you MAY have to wait a couple weeks or more.

I’m #9 on the list, and I haven’t received the code – are they going in order? Or do I need to request one directly from them? I understood from their earlier post that they’ve already started sending out Amazon codes, so I’m not sure what to expect.
Thanks for all your work on this!
SIGShooter
SIGShooter's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 07/14/2013 - 02:10
Posts: 2546
Location: northern california

alternety wrote:
Another possible approach to giving a batch selection to early adopters. Give them codes that will work on batch 1 or 2. With the ability to choose batches. Then put the unused codes from the first 500 at the beginning of the second batch.
The batch one codes will work for batch 2 assuming they are ready within 30 days. If not I’m confident that Sofirn will extend the 30 days. But of course I’m only speaking for me and not Sofirn in any way or manner.
MtnDon
MtnDon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 34 min 5 sec ago
Joined: 08/27/2015 - 18:25
Posts: 4382
Location: Canuk in NM
  1. Got my code.
    Ordered (w/o cells) on Amazon.
    ???
Metalevon
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 9 months ago
Joined: 06/22/2017 - 00:18
Posts: 3
Location: Philadelphia

Interested!

Pages