【convoy】GT FC40 1800-2000K R9050

6434 posts / 0 new
Last post
Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1315
Location: China,Dong guan

jasontheguitarist wrote:
Have the group issues with the 13 group AA/14500 driver been fixed yet? The T3 and bare drivers I got have incorrect groups 12 and 13. I wanted to order a couple more drivers if they aren’t still messed up.

For this batch, I will correct the modes as follows,In the next batch of production, I will adjust it according to your opinions, and I can add more groups to meet your requirements.
I hope everyone can express their ideas enthusiastically.

Group 1 1%, 10%, 35%, 100%
Group 2 1% 10%, 35%, 100%, strobe, biking, batcheck, sos
Group 3 100%, 35%, 10%, 1%
Group 4 1%, 20%, 100%, strobe, biking, batcheck, sos
Group 5 1%, 20%, 100%
Group 6 100%, 20%, 1%
Group 7 1%, 10%, 50%, strobe, biking, batcheck, sos
Group 8 1%, 10%, 50%
Group 9 50%, 10%, 1%
Group 10 20%, 100%, strobe
Group 11 20%, 100%
Group 12 100%, 20%
Group 13 100%

jasontheguitarist
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2019 - 11:45
Posts: 420
Location: South Carolina

So are the ones currently listed the fixed ones?

id30209
id30209's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 05/17/2018 - 12:20
Posts: 2108
Location: Croatia

5-40(50)-100 would be greatly apreciated in all drivers.

WTB Titanium 4sevens 2xAA tube

tactical_grizzly
tactical_grizzly's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 11/08/2020 - 14:54
Posts: 263
Location: North Texas
id30209 wrote:

5-40(50)-100 would be greatly apreciated in all drivers.

I don’t see the appeal of that mode spacing. On the three 12 group lights I’ve tried, even 20% and 100% seem too close. There would be almost no difference between 50% and 100% from most emitters.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1315
Location: China,Dong guan
tactical_grizzly wrote:
id30209 wrote:

5-40(50)-100 would be greatly apreciated in all drivers.

I don’t see the appeal of that mode spacing. On the three 12 group lights I’ve tried, even 20% and 100% seem too close. There would be almost no difference between 50% and 100% from most emitters.

yes, the middle mode max 40%

id30209
id30209's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 05/17/2018 - 12:20
Posts: 2108
Location: Croatia

tactical_grizzly wrote:
id30209 wrote:

5-40(50)-100 would be greatly apreciated in all drivers.

I don't see the appeal of that mode spacing. On the three 12 group lights I've tried, even 20% and 100% seem too close. There would be almost no difference between 50% and 100% from most emitters.
 

To you maybe, zo me and others with a specific work demand yes. 
As i mentioned previously in this thread, i’m running Nichia B35AM in S21B with 6V/3A 12group driver and a lack of 40-50% mode in the middle is causing me a headache cause i’m constantly switchi g from 20% to 100%. Higher medium output would do the trick. I need 800lumens and 400Lm is just not enough and 1800lm is too much.

WTB Titanium 4sevens 2xAA tube

id30209
id30209's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 05/17/2018 - 12:20
Posts: 2108
Location: Croatia

Simon Mao wrote:
tactical_grizzly wrote:
id30209 wrote:

5-40(50)-100 would be greatly apreciated in all drivers.

I don't see the appeal of that mode spacing. On the three 12 group lights I've tried, even 20% and 100% seem too close. There would be almost no difference between 50% and 100% from most emitters.
yes, the middle mode max 40%
 

 

5-40-100 would be also great

WTB Titanium 4sevens 2xAA tube

jasontheguitarist
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2019 - 11:45
Posts: 420
Location: South Carolina

Simon Mao wrote:
jasontheguitarist wrote:
Have the group issues with the 13 group AA/14500 driver been fixed yet? The T3 and bare drivers I got have incorrect groups 12 and 13. I wanted to order a couple more drivers if they aren’t still messed up.

For this batch, I will correct the modes as follows,In the next batch of production, I will adjust it according to your opinions, and I can add more groups to meet your requirements.
I hope everyone can express their ideas enthusiastically.

Group 1 1%, 10%, 35%, 100%
Group 2 1% 10%, 35%, 100%, strobe, biking, batcheck, sos
Group 3 100%, 35%, 10%, 1%
Group 4 1%, 20%, 100%, strobe, biking, batcheck, sos
Group 5 1%, 20%, 100%
Group 6 100%, 20%, 1%
Group 7 1%, 10%, 50%, strobe, biking, batcheck, sos
Group 8 1%, 10%, 50%
Group 9 50%, 10%, 1%
Group 10 20%, 100%, strobe
Group 11 20%, 100%
Group 12 100%, 20%
Group 13 100%

Are the drivers currently shipping already corrected?

Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 15042
Location: LI NY

Simon Mao wrote:
bugmenot2 wrote:
Hey Simon, # Any idea when SFT40's are going to be back in stock? # Also, do you have any plans for adding charging to more lights, such as the M21B? # Will the Remote Tail Switch for the L21B also work for other lights, such as the M21B? Thanks a lot for how you help the community!
1. It will be available in one week. But the Tc is 5700k instead of 6500k 2. uh ,no plan ,how about M21E? i will add a link of M21E with SFT40 / KW CULPM1.TG in two days 3. It is only suitable for L21B

Simon - did you get these SFT-40 5700K's in yet? Soon if not?

dthrckt
dthrckt's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 11/08/2011 - 10:11
Posts: 4656
Location: Upstate NY

Oh, shoot, I missed that 5700s would be coming and just ordered like 8 of the 6500s.

Haukkeli
Online
Last seen: 30 sec ago
Joined: 06/24/2021 - 05:27
Posts: 196
Location: Suomi
Tom E wrote:

Simon Mao wrote:
bugmenot2 wrote:
Hey Simon, # Any idea when SFT40’s are going to be back in stock? # Also, do you have any plans for adding charging to more lights, such as the M21B? # Will the Remote Tail Switch for the L21B also work for other lights, such as the M21B? Thanks a lot for how you help the community!
1. It will be available in one week. But the Tc is 5700k instead of 6500k 2. uh ,no plan ,how about M21E? i will add a link of M21E with SFT40 / KW CULPM1.TG in two days 3. It is only suitable for L21B

Simon – did you get these SFT-40 5700K’s in yet? Soon if not?

I ordered few about week ago from him.

Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 15042
Location: LI NY

Can't see them. He's got one SFT40 posting: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002783273284.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_allProduct.8148356.1.165d1599Q5dBxx

I see they are listed as N5-CE-VJ, where the 'CE' is 5700K, but the worse tint bin possible for 5700K - highest above the BBL and coolest ... frown. We really want the exact opposite corner bin for 5700K: CG. But for output bin, the N5 is higher than listed in the datasheet.

 

Hhhmmm, not sure I'll go for these. Only couple left in qty 4, 1 in qty 5.

Haukkeli
Online
Last seen: 30 sec ago
Joined: 06/24/2021 - 05:27
Posts: 196
Location: Suomi

Yes, I noticed they are the worst tint. But I think they are the 5700 ones he was referring to. I’m happy to be proven wrong.

Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 15042
Location: LI NY

Yea, won't really know til we see it. Theoretically leaning towards green. Ohh - was looking at the SST-40 datasheet but see the N5 bin is listed for the SFT-40, and the tint binning is the same.

JaredM
JaredM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 54 min ago
Joined: 10/31/2011 - 13:33
Posts: 2572
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Did I miss the boat on these? The mobile site is all I have access to right now, looks sold out

https://fundrazr.com/osturaband

No affiliation, just a fan.

Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 15042
Location: LI NY

Couple sets left a couple hours ago, looks all gone now.

Tangra
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 08/01/2016 - 05:33
Posts: 606
Location: Europe

Can we have M21A with XHP70.2?

lordlupulin
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 14 hours ago
Joined: 06/14/2021 - 20:26
Posts: 24
Location: SD, CA USA

You can get the M21A host, the 20mm 6v driver and a XHP70.2 and do it yourself but the better driver for the 70 is the 22mm 6v driver. The lower amperage of the 20mm driver doesnt really take full advantage of the 70.

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2312
Location: New Zealand

Here’s my awesome comparison of the L21B / C8+ PM1 vs SFT40

trmgkl
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 05/06/2020 - 14:01
Posts: 28

Simon Mao wrote:
jasontheguitarist wrote:
Have the group issues with the 13 group AA/14500 driver been fixed yet? The T3 and bare drivers I got have incorrect groups 12 and 13. I wanted to order a couple more drivers if they aren’t still messed up.

For this batch, I will correct the modes as follows,In the next batch of production, I will adjust it according to your opinions, and I can add more groups to meet your requirements.
I hope everyone can express their ideas enthusiastically.

Group 1 1%, 10%, 35%, 100%
Group 2 1% 10%, 35%, 100%, strobe, biking, batcheck, sos
Group 3 100%, 35%, 10%, 1%
Group 4 1%, 20%, 100%, strobe, biking, batcheck, sos
Group 5 1%, 20%, 100%
Group 6 100%, 20%, 1%
Group 7 1%, 10%, 50%, strobe, biking, batcheck, sos
Group 8 1%, 10%, 50%
Group 9 50%, 10%, 1%
Group 10 20%, 100%, strobe
Group 11 20%, 100%
Group 12 100%, 20%
Group 13 100%

Hello Simon,

Can we have group with: 1% – 3% – 10% – 35% – 100%? I feel like sometimes 1% is not enough and 10% is too much. 3% mode in between would be perfect.
Maybe 1% as moonlight/firefly mode and 3%-10%-35%-100% as low/medium1/medium2/high?

Also, would it be very difficult and/or expensive to create driver where users can program their own groups? For example bluetooth connectivity and smartphone app or usb cable and PC/web app? I’m curious.

Cheers
Thomas

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2312
Location: New Zealand

trmgkl wrote:
Hello Simon,

Can we have group with: 1% – 3% – 10% – 35% – 100%? I feel like sometimes 1% is not enough and 10% is too much. 3% mode in between would be perfect.
Maybe 1% as moonlight/firefly mode and 3%-10%-35%-100% as low/medium1/medium2/high?

Also, would it be very difficult and/or expensive to create driver where users can program their own groups? For example bluetooth connectivity and smartphone app or usb cable and PC/web app? I’m curious.

Cheers
Thomas

Doubt anyone has implemented firmware for that, not even Toy Keeper who wrote Anduril.

I guess he could do something using the existing ramping driver firmware that allows the user to set the brightness for levels 1 & 2

tactical_grizzly
tactical_grizzly's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 11/08/2020 - 14:54
Posts: 263
Location: North Texas

Funtastic wrote:
trmgkl wrote:
Hello Simon,

Can we have group with: 1% – 3% – 10% – 35% – 100%? I feel like sometimes 1% is not enough and 10% is too much. 3% mode in between would be perfect.
Maybe 1% as moonlight/firefly mode and 3%-10%-35%-100% as low/medium1/medium2/high?

Also, would it be very difficult and/or expensive to create driver where users can program their own groups? For example bluetooth connectivity and smartphone app or usb cable and PC/web app? I’m curious.

Cheers
Thomas

Doubt anyone has implemented firmware for that, not even Toy Keeper who wrote Anduril.

I guess he could do something using the existing ramping driver firmware that allows the user to set the brightness for levels 1 & 2

lucidrv2 firmware on H17fx driver allows you to program any mode order and number you want. It’s all done on the light though, not via Bluetooth or anything. Bluetooth in a flashlight just seems excessive to me. But, having flashing pads for custom firmwares on Simon’s lights would be a welcome change.

thornton90
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 03/28/2021 - 11:32
Posts: 12

Funtastic wrote:
Here’s my awesome comparison of the L21B / C8+ PM1 vs SFT40

great video! what 8a driver are you using in the c8+? I thought the convoy ramping driver maxed out at 6a.

will34
will34's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2012 - 00:12
Posts: 4113
trmgkl wrote:
Also, would it be very difficult and/or expensive to create driver where users can program their own groups? For example bluetooth connectivity and smartphone app or usb cable and PC/web app? I’m curious.

Perhaps completely irrelevant to this forum and this thread, but LUX-RC created a programmable driver using a very clever optical system with a light sensor on the driver, one would configure the modes and other settings on their website which then will generate a series of strobes and you would place the flashlight against your monitor receiving the flash signals, similar to how IR remotes works. To me this is much more robust than bluetooth and truly universally compatible, no need to write a separate app for it and hoping for device compatibility.

A true masterpiece of the flashlight hobby at a ridiculous price range that is inaccessible for most.

For a decade I hoped to finally be able to justify paying and waiting for one of their lights but now I have just given up. It’s simply out of my reach.

Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 15042
Location: LI NY

Uhh, yeah, we know about the LUX-RC tech. A LED is a diode and it can "read" light as well as output it. Some ATTiny85 drivers even wired in the input on pin #7 but never ended up using it. A design EE I worked with suggested it and I told TK and she dabbled with it for a while, but not sure how much success, but then at the time, there wasn't much code space available in the 85 MCU. Pretty cool because no additional sensors are needed.

id30209
id30209's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 05/17/2018 - 12:20
Posts: 2108
Location: Croatia

I just gonna leave this here…



 

 

 

WTB Titanium 4sevens 2xAA tube

g_damian
g_damian's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 3 hours ago
Joined: 08/20/2017 - 06:52
Posts: 682

I made comparison between T2 and T3. Different drivers, different leds, but it was fun Smile

https://budgetlightforum.com/node/79849

Deluminator
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 05/20/2021 - 13:54
Posts: 86
Location: SoCal

g_damian wrote:
I made comparison between T2 and T3. Different drivers, different leds, but it was fun Smile

https://budgetlightforum.com/node/79849

Appears T3 driver pulls alot of current, with AA battery! I like it

g_damian
g_damian's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 3 hours ago
Joined: 08/20/2017 - 06:52
Posts: 682

Deluminator wrote:
g_damian wrote:
I made comparison between T2 and T3. Different drivers, different leds, but it was fun Smile

https://budgetlightforum.com/node/79849


Appears T3 driver pulls alot of current, with AA battery! I like it

And the highest mode is sustained for 9 minutes Smile

Tartarus
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 18 hours ago
Joined: 01/25/2013 - 04:45
Posts: 51
Location: Hungary

g_damian wrote:
Deluminator wrote:
g_damian wrote:
I made comparison between T2 and T3. Different drivers, different leds, but it was fun Smile

https://budgetlightforum.com/node/79849


Appears T3 driver pulls alot of current, with AA battery! I like it

And the highest mode is sustained for 9 minutes Smile

If your measurements are correct, the T3’s new driver has a very poor efficiency Shocked
T3 100Lm / 2,1A
T2 115Lm / 1A
Is it possible that you accidentally swapped the 14500 / AA measurements?

I wanted to buy from the new driver so far, but this is disappointing. I also don’t like the fact that the output is as poor with 14500 as with AA.

Pages