【convoy】M21G XHP70.3 HI 2*21700 flashlight available

8767 posts / 0 new
Last post
CollectEverything
CollectEverything's picture
Online
Last seen: 12 min 1 sec ago
Joined: 07/17/2021 - 00:19
Posts: 1053
Location: USA
MoreHiCRILumens wrote:
CollectEverything wrote:
Has anyone seen beamshots of the M21G in the wild yet? A cursory search didn’t provide me with anything. Hoping someone analyzes this light soon. I’m wondering how it compares to the Lumintop PK21 or Convoy L7.

Isn’t that reflector identical as in some other Convoy model, the one with single cell? Can’t remember the name.


I’m not sure, maybe the m21D? I’ve since been able to locate a couple of M21G NLD posts. The beam profile looks good to me! Now I’m just wondering about the sustained output over time.

Interestingly, the 1lumen review of the Convoy L7 and Lumintop PK21 show very different results with with regards to the L7’s sustained output. Maybe a change was made to the L7 driver during the course of its production that would account for this, or maybe one sample was defective in some way. I am starting to see why people start doing their own testing.

------------------

My Collection

------------------

Sirstinky
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 11/02/2018 - 17:07
Posts: 1749
Location: Vancouver, WA

L7 has a buck driver. Lm and sbt90.2. PK21 has a fet driver plus xhp70.3 and Anduril. Very different runtime results for sure. The only thing they have in common is they’re LED and have 2S batteries.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Online
Last seen: 29 sec ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1804
Location: China,Dong guan
stephenk wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
stephenk wrote:
Are we any closer to seeing a side switch for the T4? Also, are we likely to see a USB-C charging version of the S21D this year?

no plan to design a T4 with side switch ,
S21D with side switch and type-c port is in proudction


Thanks.
Sorry I meant side clip for the T4?

I have produced some stainless steel clips for T4.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Online
Last seen: 29 sec ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1804
Location: China,Dong guan
kokosnh wrote:

Simon, Can I purchase Convoy M3-C Host with 12V driver, and a little longer wires (like 7-10cm) from the driver (without reflector, glass, and led PCB). I want to try to do some fun DIY project with it, but don’t want to tear good flashlight for it (like M3-C GT-FC40). 


The voltage value of the FC40 is not the standard 12 volts.
I want to know what is your LED model?

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Online
Last seen: 29 sec ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1804
Location: China,Dong guan
4×18a wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
4×18a wrote:
Hi Simon . Are you still working on 3×21a , 4×18a driver with higher amp ?

Yes, i made a 3×21A with bigger head ,FET driver with max 28A current

Is it still 40mm ? And when it available?

Yes, the size of the drive has not changed.
The production time is about 1 to 2 months.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Online
Last seen: 29 sec ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1804
Location: China,Dong guan
2puttbirdies wrote:
Would love to see your newer side switch lights have illuminated buttons

2700K – 5700K ,flashlight with adjustable color temperature.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Online
Last seen: 29 sec ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1804
Location: China,Dong guan

g_damian wrote:
Simon, could you please comment the discussion regarding Convoy T3 vs T2 efficiency on NiMH: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/82858 ?

It was said before that T3 should be more efficient, but runtime on T2 is much much longer.

This requires installing the same LEDs and using the same batteries to test.I’ll take time to test it.

id30209
id30209's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 50 min ago
Joined: 05/17/2018 - 12:20
Posts: 2314
Location: Croatia

Simon Mao wrote:
2puttbirdies wrote:
Would love to see your newer side switch lights have illuminated buttons
2700K - 5700K ,flashlight with adjustable color temperature.


WOW!

Tell us more! Photos!

WTB Titanium 4sevens 2xAA tube

CollectEverything
CollectEverything's picture
Online
Last seen: 12 min 1 sec ago
Joined: 07/17/2021 - 00:19
Posts: 1053
Location: USA

Sirstinky wrote:
L7 has a buck driver. Lm and sbt90.2. PK21 has a fet driver plus xhp70.3 and Anduril. Very different runtime results for sure. The only thing they have in common is they’re LED and have 2S batteries.

I hadn’t heard that the PK21 was FET. That’s good to know. I’ll definitely consider it differently if it really costs over $100. (gotta love the shape of that thing though!)

I guess part of the reason I had questions and doubts was because of 1lumen’s PK21 review. It seems to conflict with 1lumen’s L7 Review. I have no way of testing for myself but I think the L7 measurements in the PK21 review are inconsistent with my sample. I don’t think mine steps down that low unless it runs out of batteries.

What is known about the driver is in the new Convoy M21G?

------------------

My Collection

------------------

id30209
id30209's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 50 min ago
Joined: 05/17/2018 - 12:20
Posts: 2314
Location: Croatia

Can you make this lip a bit longer? It destroys pocket fabric every time

WTB Titanium 4sevens 2xAA tube

kokosnh
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 07/02/2021 - 06:27
Posts: 288
Location: Polska

Simon Mao wrote:
kokosnh wrote:

Simon, Can I purchase Convoy M3-C Host with 12V driver, and a little longer wires (like 7-10cm) from the driver (without reflector, glass, and led PCB).
I want to try to do some fun DIY project with it, but don't want to tear good flashlight for it (like M3-C GT-FC40). 

The voltage value of the FC40 is not the standard 12 volts. I want to know what is your LED model?


I was thinking of mounting the socket E14 in place of reflector, and glass in Convoy M3-C Host, and using the 12DC led bulb that are available on the market for boats and so on
(from what I gather they do have the power IC built in, so it should tolerate 10% diviation from 12V)
To create filament lantern with interchangeable led bulbs on E14 socket. 

I did mesure with multimeter my Convoy M21F GT FC40, I did mesure it's perfect 12V on full brightness across the led wires, and lower voltage on lower brightness levels. So I thought it should be safe to use.

(I know I won't be able to adjust the brightness, but I can just change the bulb to the lower one XD )   

Could the the resistance of that bulb be a problem, or should it be doable.
I assume the GT FC40 driver is similar in the M3-C.




PyriteParachute
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 07/28/2021 - 00:29
Posts: 138
Location: Southwest USA
Simon Mao wrote:
2puttbirdies wrote:
Would love to see your newer side switch lights have illuminated buttons

2700K – 5700K ,flashlight with adjustable color temperature.

This is a remarkable step forward, and the continuous photometrics were very helpful. I’d echo the earlier request for a battery indicator light.

Also, many users will have specific preferences for the user interface, as well as the ramp curve/speed. Would it be possible to design the driver with flashing pads? It would depend on the mcu, but the Emisar or Sofirn sp10 pro pad layout would be the easiest to use. This way the community can fulfil its own software requests without having to bug you in this thread. Thanks!

stephenk
stephenk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 01/30/2016 - 05:09
Posts: 2346
Location: Australia
Simon Mao wrote:
stephenk wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
stephenk wrote:
Are we any closer to seeing a side switch for the T4? Also, are we likely to see a USB-C charging version of the S21D this year?

no plan to design a T4 with side switch ,
S21D with side switch and type-c port is in proudction


Thanks.
Sorry I meant side clip for the T4?

I have produced some stainless steel clips for T4.
!https://farm66.staticflickr.com/65535/52427266379_0555ef9e68_b.jpg!

Excellent news!

elendur
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 09/25/2020 - 22:58
Posts: 100
Location: Saint Lawrence River

Is there a compatible magnet for the T3 tailcap?

nicodimus22
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 22 min ago
Joined: 05/02/2022 - 23:11
Posts: 166
Location: Maryland

I was just wondering if there will ever be emitters other than the SBT90.2 in the L7.

Would love to see something like the FC40 4000K-4500K in the L7 if it’s possible (I already have the L6 with it, but I’ve read that the L7 is much better regulated, so it would be the better of the two to own in the long run.)

prikolow
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 09/30/2018 - 04:48
Posts: 27

prikolow wrote:
Just a question about ordering from Convoy from Aliexpress….
I ordered a S2+ 519A with the following text:
Custom S2+ Black Body, 519A LED 5700K, forward clicky switch, 7135×8 12 group driver, 38 degree TIR matte lens

Is it normal that the delivery contains a S2+ 519A, with normal switch and lens and an additional package containing a switch, PCB, spring, Rubber dome and a matte lens for self assembly?

Help please?

Correllux
Correllux's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 04/27/2019 - 22:23
Posts: 1765
Location: USA
elendur wrote:
Is there a compatible magnet for the T3 tailcap?

Yes, Simon started stocking them awhile back. 16mm x 12mm x 4mm ring magnets. They’re in his store. Before he sourced those I found some of the same size but in a thin 2mm…stacked together, two of them worked well but the 4mm is a tad stronger.

darosk
Online
Last seen: 3 min 18 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2019 - 22:03
Posts: 431
Location: Sabah, Malaysia

prikolow wrote:
prikolow wrote:
Just a question about ordering from Convoy from Aliexpress….
I ordered a S2+ 519A with the following text:
Custom S2+ Black Body, 519A LED 5700K, forward clicky switch, 7135×8 12 group driver, 38 degree TIR matte lens

Is it normal that the delivery contains a S2+ 519A, with normal switch and lens and an additional package containing a switch, PCB, spring, Rubber dome and a matte lens for self assembly?

Help please?


If you wrote this exact text, technically you didn’t actually ask them to install it for you. I would have said something like “please install ______ & ______ etc”.

Some people may say ‘but shouldn’t it be obvious?’, but I find especially when you’re doing business with shops who aren’t first language English speakers – it’s helpful to be as precise as possible.

At least that’s how I always request.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Online
Last seen: 29 sec ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1804
Location: China,Dong guan
elendur wrote:
Is there a compatible magnet for the T3 tailcap?

magnet

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Online
Last seen: 29 sec ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1804
Location: China,Dong guan

nicodimus22 wrote:
I was just wondering if there will ever be emitters other than the SBT90.2 in the L7.

Would love to see something like the FC40 4000K-4500K in the L7 if it’s possible (I already have the L6 with it, but I’ve read that the L7 is much better regulated, so it would be the better of the two to own in the long run.)


There is no big difference between L6 and L7 except for the difference in appearance.
Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Online
Last seen: 29 sec ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1804
Location: China,Dong guan

prikolow wrote:
Just a question about ordering from Convoy from Aliexpress….
I ordered a S2+ 519A with the following text:
Custom S2+ Black Body, 519A LED 5700K, forward clicky switch, 7135×8 12 group driver, 38 degree TIR matte lens

Is it normal that the delivery contains a S2+ 519A, with normal switch and lens and an additional package containing a switch, PCB, spring, Rubber dome and a matte lens for self assembly?

Sorry, that’s my problem. I thought you needed it as a backup.

prikolow
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 09/30/2018 - 04:48
Posts: 27

darosk wrote:
prikolow wrote:
prikolow wrote:
Just a question about ordering from Convoy from Aliexpress….
I ordered a S2+ 519A with the following text:
Custom S2+ Black Body, 519A LED 5700K, forward clicky switch, 7135×8 12 group driver, 38 degree TIR matte lens

Is it normal that the delivery contains a S2+ 519A, with normal switch and lens and an additional package containing a switch, PCB, spring, Rubber dome and a matte lens for self assembly?

Help please?


If you wrote this exact text, technically you didn’t actually ask them to install it for you. I would have said something like “please install ______ & ______ etc”.

Some people may say ‘but shouldn’t it be obvious?’, but I find especially when you’re doing business with shops who aren’t first language English speakers – it’s helpful to be as precise as possible.

At least that’s how I always request.

Note taken. Which suprises me, because it is the second time I ordered a custom flashlight and wrote it similar to the first custom order…

prikolow
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 09/30/2018 - 04:48
Posts: 27

Simon Mao wrote:
prikolow wrote:
Just a question about ordering from Convoy from Aliexpress….
I ordered a S2+ 519A with the following text:
Custom S2+ Black Body, 519A LED 5700K, forward clicky switch, 7135×8 12 group driver, 38 degree TIR matte lens

Is it normal that the delivery contains a S2+ 519A, with normal switch and lens and an additional package containing a switch, PCB, spring, Rubber dome and a matte lens for self assembly?

Sorry, that’s my problem. I thought you needed it as a backup.

That explains Smile
Thank you

supreme
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 11/20/2020 - 12:18
Posts: 271
Simon Mao wrote:
2700K – 5700K ,flashlight with adjustable color temperature.

Does this mean we will see new drivers with stepless ramping for other flashlights? For example, side switch flashlights with the ability to ramp up and down in brightness?

PyriteParachute
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 07/28/2021 - 00:29
Posts: 138
Location: Southwest USA
supreme wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
2700K – 5700K ,flashlight with adjustable color temperature.

Does this mean we will see new drivers with stepless ramping for other flashlights? For example, side switch flashlights with the ability to ramp up and down in brightness?

M21d and onward already do. But the interface has issues, the big one being the uneven ramp speed. This is why I keep bugging Simon about flashing pads and source code, so that he has to make only one change on any new driver designs, and users do the rest. For example, there was a tussle about what mode group spacings were best for the mechanical switch lights, the debate would be obviated with easy firmware updates.

kokosnh
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 07/02/2021 - 06:27
Posts: 288
Location: Polska

For those that missed it, the T3 MAO dropped
it's on ali store.

supreme
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 11/20/2020 - 12:18
Posts: 271
PyriteParachute wrote:
supreme wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
2700K – 5700K ,flashlight with adjustable color temperature.

Does this mean we will see new drivers with stepless ramping for other flashlights? For example, side switch flashlights with the ability to ramp up and down in brightness?

M21d and onward already do. But the interface has issues, the big one being the uneven ramp speed. This is why I keep bugging Simon about flashing pads and source code, so that he has to make only one change on any new driver designs, and users do the rest. For example, there was a tussle about what mode group spacings were best for the mechanical switch lights, the debate would be obviated with easy firmware updates.

I thought the ramping was only to set the brightness? It doesn’t ramp like anduril

elendur
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 09/25/2020 - 22:58
Posts: 100
Location: Saint Lawrence River

I think the side e-switch flashlights do have true ramping but it gets slow at high brightness (and fast at low)… I’m not sure because I don’t own one yet, I’ve been hoping for a update to the UI for, at a minimum, a visually linear brightness ramp.

I’ve been holding off since the first side eswitch m21* were released… I’m not going to buy one now just to learn a month later that the UI was upgraded with anduril haha

texas shooter
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 08/26/2012 - 02:14
Posts: 2021
Location: Texas

Silly question, the Convoy M21G has a slightly flared tube to head connection. Does an L6 tube fit it?

prikolow
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 09/30/2018 - 04:48
Posts: 27

I have a S21D with 4 519A LEDs. I put it into a 50% maximum mode but it reaches about 60°C after a few minutes on the front side. On 100% I cannot touch the flashlight anymore.
Is that normal? The driver is 8A.

Pages