【convoy】219B R9080 TEST

5990 posts / 0 new
Last post
tu_army
Online
Last seen: 1 min ago
Joined: 05/20/2018 - 04:51
Posts: 118
Location: Turkey

Simon Mao wrote:
guys ,who can do me a favor?
i want to know the correct diameter of sofirn soshine LISHEN vapcell 21700
I originally planned to buy these batteries directly in China. What I am depressed is that these Chinese-made batteries are not available in China or very expensive.

Really awkward Facepalm

soshine imr21700 4000mAh

w: 21.5mm
h: 71.0mm

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 3196

On a side note: Sofirn's new SD05 diving flashlight has an inner diameter of 21.9mm, so it might accept even too big cells like Molicel M50A and Lishen LR2170SC.

Mocarny
Mocarny's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 42 sec ago
Joined: 05/10/2019 - 04:03
Posts: 355
Location: Poland

Mike C wrote:
Mocarny wrote:
Mike C wrote:
Double press on a clicky for previous mode? Interesting, I’ve actually never heard of that before.

Personally I can’t see that as being superior to long press for previous mode

With double press you can’t go wrong, double press is always previous mode, single is always next. With this long/short press you can press a bit too long, or too short and have wrong mode. You would love it Wink


I have done some rather extensive testing with double press, but for boost mode, not previous mode. It was brought to my attention in a thread I made asking for these kind of things: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/63771 (double tap discussion started at post #123).

So I have to disagree a little. I noticed with double press on a clicky that you can go wrong. There is a timing issue that must be dealt with, and that is you have to have a time difference between double press and two single presses. If I want to go up two modes I need to do two single presses. If I do them too fast they are interpreted as a double press. Too me this timing distinction faces the exact same issues as short press vs long press. I implemented it and settled on 200ms time limit for double press.

Believe me, I have tested this stuff a lot. I don’t get short press vs long press wrong. If the time limits are set fine, and you have hardware to support exact timing (like OTSM), messing up short press and long press is as difficult for me as it is for you to mess up double press vs two single presses. With that said, I now have support for double press so I’ll have a look at making a UI that uses it for previous mode. I have the space for it.

Ryzbor wrote:
It’s this super-customisable UI: https://www.swiatelka.pl/viewtopic.php?t=22154
Also the one Mocarny is talking about. The google chrome translation is very good.

Interesting, thanks for posting. I’ll have a closer look at that, might give me some suggestions.

Anyhow, this is a Convoy thread, I should stop hijacking it.

So what can I say? Just that for me, after week or two I had learned timing perfectly and made no mistakes.
Ps. Double press and all that stuff works much better on tail switch than on side switch
And just to correct, the UI Ryzbor’s posted is not my… “Legendary UI” Big Smile Thin is it:
http://www.solarforce.eu/proghe.html
Lot easier and less complicated, just what you need, perfectly balanced between complexity and simplicity. And about 23-click…you will never us it, or maybe once, more important is ability to have 2 separated mode groups.
Ok, that’s all Silly

If you struggle choosing your perfect headlamp, check my headlamp guide, I compared 15 most popular headlamps there: CLICK

Satan@103TFS
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 27 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2017 - 12:51
Posts: 571

Any one try Lii-40A in 21700 convoy light ,is it fit ?

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 13 hours ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1211
Location: China,Dong guan
Satan@103TFS wrote:
Any one try Lii-40A in 21700 convoy light ,is it fit ?

not suitable

Mocarny
Mocarny's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 42 sec ago
Joined: 05/10/2019 - 04:03
Posts: 355
Location: Poland
Simon Mao wrote:
Satan@103TFS wrote:
Any one try Lii-40A in 21700 convoy light ,is it fit ?

not suitable

Will it fit in new versions of L21A XHP 35 HI or 3*21700?

If you struggle choosing your perfect headlamp, check my headlamp guide, I compared 15 most popular headlamps there: CLICK

Satan@103TFS
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 27 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2017 - 12:51
Posts: 571
Simon Mao wrote:
Satan@103TFS wrote:
Any one try Lii-40A in 21700 convoy light ,is it fit ?

not suitable

Simon why don’t you make the body of your 21700 a little bit bigger may be 0.5-0.8 mm. to give us more choices of battery ?

Mocarny
Mocarny's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 42 sec ago
Joined: 05/10/2019 - 04:03
Posts: 355
Location: Poland

And anyone tried to unwrap the Lii 40A out of this yellow plastic foil? Will it fit then?

If you struggle choosing your perfect headlamp, check my headlamp guide, I compared 15 most popular headlamps there: CLICK

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 13 hours ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1211
Location: China,Dong guan
Mocarny wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
Satan@103TFS wrote:
Any one try Lii-40A in 21700 convoy light ,is it fit ?

not suitable

Will it fit in new versions of L21A XHP 35 HI or 3*21700?

currently not
i have to improve this in the next batch

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 13 hours ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1211
Location: China,Dong guan
Satan@103TFS wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
Satan@103TFS wrote:
Any one try Lii-40A in 21700 convoy light ,is it fit ?

not suitable

Simon why don’t you make the body of your 21700 a little bit bigger may be 0.5-0.8 mm. to give us more choices of battery ?

cause at first there are only LG SAMSUNG TESLA or SONY 21700 in China ,
i dont know other brands have a little large diameter ,sorry

sochi111
sochi111's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 02/21/2017 - 14:59
Posts: 338

Simon,
I am sure you are pretty busy but I wanted to know if
you were able to fix the driver?

ToyKeeper wrote:
maukka wrote:
Simon, I just received two C8+ with 219C 4000K from you. Please fix the driver on them. Toykeeper will explain what’s wrong.

Maukka measured the PWM speed on each mode:

  • 2.25 kHz moon
  • 17.9 kHz low
  • 36 kHz all other modes

The 36 kHz speed means the driver was flashed with the wrong fuse values.

The 2.25 kHz moon means the driver has a very old version of the firmware on it, from 2016, calibrated for nanjg 105d drivers which were never actually used. This was fixed two years ago, along with some other issues.

If at all possible, I would strongly recommend updating to a newer type of driver, perhaps one with two power channels and an attiny25v or attiny85v chip. This would improve performance and allow for a nicer UI. If not though, it would be a good idea to at least update the firmware on the existing drivers.

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 3196

Simon Mao wrote:
Satan@103TFS wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
Satan@103TFS wrote:
Any one try Lii-40A in 21700 convoy light ,is it fit ?
not suitable
Simon why don't you make the body of your 21700 a little bit bigger may be 0.5-0.8 mm. to give us more choices of battery ?
cause at first there are only LG SAMSUNG TESLA or SONY 21700 in China , i dont know other brands have a little large diameter ,sorry

No worries Simon. It's not your fault but the "others" do not follow the 21700 standard size. Actually, Lishen and Molicel only achieve better specs by increasing cell diameter (21.6 - 21.7mm). However, a minor increase of the tube's inner diameter might be a nice option for future batches.

Inkidu
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 11/01/2015 - 14:03
Posts: 159
Location: PA

The diameter of the (2) Molicel P42A 21700 batteries from Li-ion warehouse wasn’t that large. Granted the spec sheet does say 21.7mm Max.


VaKo
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 08/15/2015 - 15:28
Posts: 183
Location: United Kingdom

So for those us with existing drivers that include the bad values in the firmware, it’s just a matter of flashing the latest build from the code repo yes? Or would this require tweaking the fuse values prior to this?

Convoylover
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 8 hours ago
Joined: 01/18/2019 - 05:21
Posts: 55
Location: Netherlands

Hi Simon,

Any plans to bring out colored versions of the S21A?

To all others: are you interested in this, and which color(s) do you like most?

My color preference (hi to low): Purple, Red, Green, Gold/Yellow, Blue, Silver, Orange, Cyan.

With metal switch Crown

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 3196

Concerning body colours:

Urban camo or olive green (natural anodization colour).

I prefer non-reflective rubber caps but metal caps might be a nice option for later modification.

passive101
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 6 days ago
Joined: 05/01/2019 - 04:11
Posts: 74

Convoylover wrote:
Hi Simon,

Any plans to bring out colored versions of the S21A?

To all others: are you interested in this, and which color(s) do you like most?

My color preference (hi to low): Purple, Red, Green, Gold/Yellow, Blue, Silver, Orange, Cyan.

With metal switch Crown

I would be interested, but I have a question.

I see the S2+ comes in colors, but it’s only a host. I’ve never taken a flashlight apart before. How easy is this to do to swap the parts into a new color? The LED and circuits scare me a bit. I don’t want to damage anything or break the waterproofing.

Also. Is a metal switch as waterproof as the rubber? What are the pros and cons?

Convoylover
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 8 hours ago
Joined: 01/18/2019 - 05:21
Posts: 55
Location: Netherlands

passive101 wrote:
Convoylover wrote:
Hi Simon,

Any plans to bring out colored versions of the S21A?

To all others: are you interested in this, and which color(s) do you like most?

My color preference (hi to low): Purple, Red, Green, Gold/Yellow, Blue, Silver, Orange, Cyan.

With metal switch Crown

I would be interested, but I have a question.

I see the S2+ comes in colors, but it’s only a host. I’ve never taken a flashlight apart before. How easy is this to do to swap the parts into a new color? The LED and circuits scare me a bit. I don’t want to damage anything or break the waterproofing.

S2+ colored is also available as a complete flashlight. Look at Simon’s Convoy flashlight store. Plenty of options. So, if you’re hesitant to do it yourself…
Assembling a host is not difficult if you’re used to holding a soldering iron and know about blue=minus red=plus Wink

Also. Is a metal switch as waterproof as the rubber? What are the pros and cons?

Convoylover
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 8 hours ago
Joined: 01/18/2019 - 05:21
Posts: 55
Location: Netherlands

Convoylover wrote:
passive101 wrote:
Convoylover wrote:
Hi Simon,

Any plans to bring out colored versions of the S21A?

To all others: are you interested in this, and which color(s) do you like most?

My color preference (hi to low): Purple, Red, Green, Gold/Yellow, Blue, Silver, Orange, Cyan.

With metal switch Crown

I would be interested, but I have a question.

I see the S2+ comes in colors, but it’s only a host. I’ve never taken a flashlight apart before. How easy is this to do to swap the parts into a new color? The LED and circuits scare me a bit. I don’t want to damage anything or break the waterproofing.

Also. Is a metal switch as waterproof as the rubber? What are the pros and cons?

S2+ colored is also available as a complete flashlight. Look at Simon’s Convoy flashlight store. Plenty of options. So, if you’re hesitant to do it yourself…
Assembling a host is not difficult if you’re used to holding a soldering iron and know about blue=minus red=plus Wink
Metal switch is maybe a bit less waterproof, I don’t know. It will stand a few drops of water as long as you stay above sea level Thumbs Up

passive101
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 6 days ago
Joined: 05/01/2019 - 04:11
Posts: 74

Convoylover wrote:
Convoylover wrote:
passive101 wrote:
Convoylover wrote:
Hi Simon,

Any plans to bring out colored versions of the S21A?

To all others: are you interested in this, and which color(s) do you like most?

My color preference (hi to low): Purple, Red, Green, Gold/Yellow, Blue, Silver, Orange, Cyan.

With metal switch Crown

I would be interested, but I have a question.

I see the S2+ comes in colors, but it’s only a host. I’ve never taken a flashlight apart before. How easy is this to do to swap the parts into a new color? The LED and circuits scare me a bit. I don’t want to damage anything or break the waterproofing.

Also. Is a metal switch as waterproof as the rubber? What are the pros and cons?

S2+ colored is also available as a complete flashlight. Look at Simon’s Convoy flashlight store. Plenty of options. So, if you’re hesitant to do it yourself…
Assembling a host is not difficult if you’re used to holding a soldering iron and know about blue=minus red=plus Wink
Metal switch is maybe a bit less waterproof, I don’t know. It will stand a few drops of water as long as you stay above sea level Thumbs Up

I was looking for red or orange fully assembled but I didn’t see them at the time I placed an order. I might have missed them.

If it requires soldering I’ll definitely just get a full light. I’ve never soldered anything before.

Is the metal switch just without a rubber cover?

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 13 hours ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1211
Location: China,Dong guan

sochi111 wrote:
Simon,
I am sure you are pretty busy but I wanted to know if
you were able to fix the driver?
ToyKeeper wrote:
maukka wrote:
Simon, I just received two C8+ with 219C 4000K from you. Please fix the driver on them. Toykeeper will explain what’s wrong.

Maukka measured the PWM speed on each mode:

  • 2.25 kHz moon
  • 17.9 kHz low
  • 36 kHz all other modes

The 36 kHz speed means the driver was flashed with the wrong fuse values.

The 2.25 kHz moon means the driver has a very old version of the firmware on it, from 2016, calibrated for nanjg 105d drivers which were never actually used. This was fixed two years ago, along with some other issues.

If at all possible, I would strongly recommend updating to a newer type of driver, perhaps one with two power channels and an attiny25v or attiny85v chip. This would improve performance and allow for a nicer UI. If not though, it would be a good idea to at least update the firmware on the existing drivers.

I have tried a lot, but it has not been solved yet.

I want to introduce other firmware, such as bistro, crescendo

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 13 hours ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1211
Location: China,Dong guan
Lux-Perpetua wrote:

Simon Mao wrote:
Satan@103TFS wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
Satan@103TFS wrote:
Any one try Lii-40A in 21700 convoy light ,is it fit ?
not suitable
Simon why don’t you make the body of your 21700 a little bit bigger may be 0.5-0.8 mm. to give us more choices of battery ?
cause at first there are only LG SAMSUNG TESLA or SONY 21700 in China , i dont know other brands have a little large diameter ,sorry

No worries Simon. It’s not your fault but the “others” do not follow the 21700 standard size. Actually, Lishen and Molicel only achieve better specs by increasing cell diameter (21.6 – 21.7mm). However, a minor increase of the tube’s inner diameter might be a nice option for future batches.

yes ,but anyway it’s better to change it to 22mm inner diameter
thanks for your understanding

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 13 hours ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1211
Location: China,Dong guan

Convoylover wrote:
Hi Simon,

Any plans to bring out colored versions of the S21A?

To all others: are you interested in this, and which color(s) do you like most?

My color preference (hi to low): Purple, Red, Green, Gold/Yellow, Blue, Silver, Orange, Cyan.

With metal switch Crown

oh ,i think i will launch more color version in the future

Nicolicous
Nicolicous's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 days ago
Joined: 04/16/2016 - 08:28
Posts: 1604
Location: Australia

is it hard to make different colours?

i also hate black too because all my flashlight are black and it’s boring look.

think i have over 100 flashlights now

Nico -.-

Tally-ho
Tally-ho's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 5 days ago
Joined: 07/23/2011 - 04:15
Posts: 1394
Location: France
Simon Mao wrote:
I want to introduce other firmware, such as bistro, crescendo

Excellent, can’t wait ! Thumbs Up

Caleb
Caleb's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 03/13/2016 - 01:28
Posts: 736
Tally-ho wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
I want to introduce other firmware, such as bistro, crescendo

Excellent, can’t wait ! Thumbs Up

+1

LarryLumens
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 5 days ago
Joined: 02/21/2019 - 10:27
Posts: 72
Location: USA

+1 for color variety.
I prefer the dull rough finish in OD green.

Give me thrower or give me pizza.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 13 hours ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1211
Location: China,Dong guan

Nicolicous wrote:
is it hard to make different colours?

i also hate black too because all my flashlight are black and it’s boring look.

think i have over 100 flashlights now

It’s easy, but it depends on the market. If producing too much, but the sales are not good, this is very embarrassing.

andr3w
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 03/18/2019 - 10:08
Posts: 23

passive101 wrote:

I was looking for red or orange fully assembled but I didn’t see them at the time I placed an order. I might have missed them.

If it requires soldering I’ll definitely just get a full light. I’ve never soldered anything before.

Is the metal switch just without a rubber cover?

I bought ready-made orange S2+ couple of months ago, plus the nice tweaking options Simon kindly provides. It has separate page in the store. Red is there too.
Metal switch there has no rubber cover, correct.

passive101
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 6 days ago
Joined: 05/01/2019 - 04:11
Posts: 74

andr3w wrote:
passive101 wrote:

I was looking for red or orange fully assembled but I didn’t see them at the time I placed an order. I might have missed them.

If it requires soldering I’ll definitely just get a full light. I’ve never soldered anything before.

Is the metal switch just without a rubber cover?

I bought ready-made orange S2+ couple of months ago, plus the nice tweaking options Simon kindly provides. It has separate page in the store. Red is there too.
Metal switch there has no rubber cover, correct.

Do you have a link? Does it have the brightest LED option?

Pages