【convoy】219B R9080 TEST

5989 posts / 0 new
Last post
VaKo
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 08/15/2015 - 15:28
Posts: 183
Location: United Kingdom

@Simon – the XHP35 driver is a 1C boost driver or multi-cell?

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 3196

VaKo wrote:
@Simon - the XHP35 driver is a 1C boost driver or multi-cell?

 

Simon Mao wrote:
Lux-Perpetua wrote:

Simon, will L21A with XHP35 HI run 2S only or can the boost driver also handle operation with only one battery?

only one battery
Diomedes
Diomedes's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 months ago
Joined: 01/15/2018 - 08:57
Posts: 51
Location: Sydney, Australia

Driving the XHP35 HI at 2.3A is very good. All the other single cell 12V output boost drivers I’ve seen have been about 1.5A max. Very much looking forward to this driver. I’m currently waiting on my first L21A to arrive and I’ll order a second for the XHP35 HI when it’s released.

For what it’s worth, I would prefer a 5000K or 5700K XHP35 HI over 4000K. I tend to find 4000K a bit too warm for a thrower but find the 5700K in my ThruNite TN42 just perfect. Either way, it will be excellent. Keep up the great work, Simon Thumbs Up .

adam7027
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 09/26/2017 - 13:54
Posts: 676
Location: EU (Hu)

Simon Mao wrote:
2019/6/14
i got 2pcs XHP35HI driver sample several days before.
I planned to upload some photos here ,buy Damn VPN! ….
I can only share some data here.
Output current of the driver 15mA – 211mA -871mA-2290mA
diameter of the driver is 22mm

i installed this driver in L21A ,bin of XHP35 HI is D4-40E, and i got 170000 lux, theoretical lighting distance 824meters

Very good news, Simon Party

Another question: does L21A support all common 21700 cell sizes (the thicker ones as well), or just a few selected ones?

(I am looking for higher CRI XHP35 HI, and I will definitely try a L21A build with it)

1stein
1stein's picture
Online
Last seen: 14 min 13 sec ago
Joined: 12/24/2017 - 16:25
Posts: 833
Location: Poland

Simon, you are awesome. Behaving like a Santa Claus – making all BLFers wishes come true. Incredible.
What’s gonna be next? How about adopting E21A?

acab
acab's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/29/2019 - 16:30
Posts: 183

Thank you Simon, this is great news. This is why Convoy is my go-to brand, I always recommend your shop to people I know.

adam7027
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 09/26/2017 - 13:54
Posts: 676
Location: EU (Hu)
1stein wrote:
Simon, you are awesome. Behaving like a Santa Claus – making all BLFers wishes come true. Incredible. What’s gonna be next? How about adopting E21A?

A heat resistant 7mm outer diameter circular gasket for E21A would be awesome (it should have approximately 3mm inner diameter, and the hole should be circular, as phosphorus layer on E21A is rather sensitive to mechanical stress, while gasket is rotated during assembling). Once this is completed, that would support many builds – currently no one did this for us yet.

E21A is currently the best high CRI emitter for flashlights – a bit lower powered, than SST-20 high CRI (only about max. 2A per emitter), but the offered CCT range is unmatched by concurrent offerings Big Smile

andr3w
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 03/18/2019 - 10:08
Posts: 23

Hi Simon,
Do you have or plan any flashlight able to use all of AA / NiMH / 14500 li-ion (voltage range 0.8..4.4V)?
Interested in both one and two cell variants.

Glennac
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 01/09/2019 - 21:00
Posts: 77

Hey Simon, any chance you have a Code for the “Bluish Gray” S11 on AliExpress? I assume that is from your store.

BTW, is the Bluish Gray actually a different color than the standard Gray Convoys come in? Thanks!

HONDARIDER
HONDARIDER's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 04/22/2018 - 11:45
Posts: 941
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas

Are the XHP35 drivers going to be sold at the Convoy Flashlight store in the near future? I’m guessing a 17mm board would be too small to adapt the items required for that driver?

Maverick1947
Maverick1947's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 8 hours ago
Joined: 01/05/2018 - 19:53
Posts: 187
Location: Brazil, São Paulo

Hey Simon. Can you offer the M21A with a good 21700 battery? I can’t find them anywhere that ships to my country.

There’s no replacement for displacement.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1211
Location: China,Dong guan

adam7027 wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
2019/6/14
i got 2pcs XHP35HI driver sample several days before.
I planned to upload some photos here ,buy Damn VPN! ….
I can only share some data here.
Output current of the driver 15mA – 211mA -871mA-2290mA
diameter of the driver is 22mm

i installed this driver in L21A ,bin of XHP35 HI is D4-40E, and i got 170000 lux, theoretical lighting distance 824meters

Very good news, Simon Party

Another question: does L21A support all common 21700 cell sizes (the thicker ones as well), or just a few selected ones?

(I am looking for higher CRI XHP35 HI, and I will definitely try a L21A build with it)

pity that only support LG SONY TESLA SAMSUNG 21700 (DIAMETER LESS THAN 21.5MM)

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1211
Location: China,Dong guan
andr3w wrote:
Hi Simon, Do you have or plan any flashlight able to use all of AA / NiMH / 14500 li-ion (voltage range 0.8..4.4V)? Interested in both one and two cell variants.

i will get AA/14500 driver with high efficiency soon ,one or two weeks
What is the most reasonable mode ?

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1211
Location: China,Dong guan

Glennac wrote:
Hey Simon, any chance you have a Code for the “Bluish Gray” S11 on AliExpress? I assume that is from your store.

BTW, is the Bluish Gray actually a different color than the standard Gray Convoys come in? Thanks!

15%off
there is no code
submit your order ,then close the payment ,and last you leave a message to change the amount

factory will produce normal gray in the next batch

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1211
Location: China,Dong guan
HONDARIDER wrote:
Are the XHP35 drivers going to be sold at the Convoy Flashlight store in the near future? I’m guessing a 17mm board would be too small to adapt the items required for that driver?

22mm ,friend,17mm is too small

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1211
Location: China,Dong guan
Maverick1947 wrote:
Hey Simon. Can you offer the M21A with a good 21700 battery? I can’t find them anywhere that ships to my country.

i will get some LG SONY SAMSUNG 21700 in stock soon

Maverick1947
Maverick1947's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 8 hours ago
Joined: 01/05/2018 - 19:53
Posts: 187
Location: Brazil, São Paulo
Simon Mao wrote:
Maverick1947 wrote:
Hey Simon. Can you offer the M21A with a good 21700 battery? I can’t find them anywhere that ships to my country.

i will get some LG SONY SAMSUNG 21700 in stock soon


Nice! Will definitely buy some.

There’s no replacement for displacement.

Nooner
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2017 - 09:42
Posts: 352
Location: Canada

Is the new L2 21700 XHP35 driver compatible with the original 26650 L2 design? Will it fit?
I think the answer is no. But checking anyways.
Thanks.

Wieselflinkpro
Wieselflinkpro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/21/2015 - 04:34
Posts: 980
Location: Germany - TLF

Hello Simon,

do you have any 3V driver with 22mm diameter and for reverse clicky?
Which adapters do you have for 22mm drivers?

RelakS
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 16 hours ago
Joined: 04/13/2019 - 11:43
Posts: 116
Location: Hungary
Simon Mao wrote:
andr3w wrote:
Hi Simon, Do you have or plan any flashlight able to use all of AA / NiMH / 14500 li-ion (voltage range 0.8..4.4V)? Interested in both one and two cell variants.

i will get AA/14500 driver with high efficiency soon ,one or two weeks
What is the most reasonable mode ?

I would be interested in such driver, if it is compatible with the T2 host, and has faster PWM than the T2.

sochi111
sochi111's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 02/21/2017 - 14:59
Posts: 338

Simon Mao wrote:
sochi111 wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
sochi111 wrote:
Simon,
I am sure you are pretty busy but I wanted to know if
you were able to fix the driver?

I have tried a lot, but it has not been solved yet.

I want to introduce other firmware, such as bistro, crescendo

Thank you for getting back, Love
I guess this looks like a really expensive fix.

Are the S2+ Colors going to be discontinued
or updated with new firmware? Crying

do you colors for other model ?

Do you mean, if I like colors for other models?
Which models do you recommend?

My favorite is S2+ and the only 18650 model in colors. C8 has some color too but same firmware issue. Let me know what do you recommend Love

TexasToasted
TexasToasted's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 08:48
Posts: 1343
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
Simon Mao wrote:
andr3w wrote:
Hi Simon, Do you have or plan any flashlight able to use all of AA / NiMH / 14500 li-ion (voltage range 0.8..4.4V)? Interested in both one and two cell variants.

i will get AA/14500 driver with high efficiency soon ,one or two weeks
What is the most reasonable mode ?

Moonlight, low, medium, high. No strobe of any kind. Always starts in moonlight. No PWM.

Glennac
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 01/09/2019 - 21:00
Posts: 77

Simon Mao wrote:
Glennac wrote:
Hey Simon, any chance you have a Code for the “Bluish Gray” S11 on AliExpress? I assume that is from your store.

BTW, is the Bluish Gray actually a different color than the standard Gray Convoys come in? Thanks!

15%off
there is no code
submit your order ,then close the payment ,and last you leave a message to change the amount

factory will produce normal gray in the next batch

Thanks Simon! Order placed with note yesterday. Kind of curious what this Bluish Gray is going to look like. Then I noticed a Pastel Blue on sale this weekend but the pics seemed to be the standard gray. So wondering what Pastel Blue looks like.

Also, is that you selling through Banggood? Just received 2 S2+’s and 2 S11’s. One of the S11’s shows signs of being dropped and it doesn’t work. Switched bodies around between the working one and the broken one and it’s definitely something in the head. The two wires suppling the emitter are fine so it’s something farther inside the pill but I’m not interested in going any farther.

Emailed Banggood about a refund on the broken light. So you might see that. Thanks!

RelakS
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 16 hours ago
Joined: 04/13/2019 - 11:43
Posts: 116
Location: Hungary
TexasToasted wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
i will get AA/14500 driver with high efficiency soon ,one or two weeks What is the most reasonable mode ?

Moonlight, low, medium, high. No strobe of any kind. Always starts in moonlight. No PWM.

I prefer memory mode. Switch on where I left it. PWM is ok if it is fast enough (S2+, C8+)
Strobe can stay if it is hard to initiate. E.g.: Lumintop Tool AA 2.0: click 6 times quickly to start strobe.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1211
Location: China,Dong guan
Nooner wrote:
Is the new L2 21700 XHP35 driver compatible with the original 26650 L2 design? Will it fit? I think the answer is no. But checking anyways. Thanks.

uh ,it’s different

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1211
Location: China,Dong guan

Wieselflinkpro wrote:
Hello Simon,

do you have any 3V driver with 22mm diameter and for reverse clicky?
Which adapters do you have for 22mm drivers?

ramping driver

4modes

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1211
Location: China,Dong guan
TexasToasted wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
andr3w wrote:
Hi Simon, Do you have or plan any flashlight able to use all of AA / NiMH / 14500 li-ion (voltage range 0.8..4.4V)? Interested in both one and two cell variants.

i will get AA/14500 driver with high efficiency soon ,one or two weeks
What is the most reasonable mode ?

Moonlight, low, medium, high. No strobe of any kind. Always starts in moonlight. No PWM.

ok

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1211
Location: China,Dong guan

Glennac wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
Glennac wrote:
Hey Simon, any chance you have a Code for the “Bluish Gray” S11 on AliExpress? I assume that is from your store.

BTW, is the Bluish Gray actually a different color than the standard Gray Convoys come in? Thanks!

15%off
there is no code
submit your order ,then close the payment ,and last you leave a message to change the amount

factory will produce normal gray in the next batch

Thanks Simon! Order placed with note yesterday. Kind of curious what this Bluish Gray is going to look like. Then I noticed a Pastel Blue on sale this weekend but the pics seemed to be the standard gray. So wondering what Pastel Blue looks like.

Also, is that you selling through Banggood? Just received 2 S2+’s and 2 S11’s. One of the S11’s shows signs of being dropped and it doesn’t work. Switched bodies around between the working one and the broken one and it’s definitely something in the head. The two wires suppling the emitter are fine so it’s something farther inside the pill but I’m not interested in going any farther.

Emailed Banggood about a refund on the broken light. So you might see that. Thanks!

what’s your order number? have i adjusted the amount

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1211
Location: China,Dong guan
RelakS wrote:
TexasToasted wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
i will get AA/14500 driver with high efficiency soon ,one or two weeks What is the most reasonable mode ?

Moonlight, low, medium, high. No strobe of any kind. Always starts in moonlight. No PWM.

I prefer memory mode. Switch on where I left it. PWM is ok if it is fast enough (S2+, C8+)
Strobe can stay if it is hard to initiate. E.g.: Lumintop Tool AA 2.0: click 6 times quickly to start strobe.

what about moonlight-low-mid-high without memory?
starts on moonlight and 2 taps into high
6 taps into strobe

lumenzilla
lumenzilla's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 19 hours ago
Joined: 06/09/2015 - 04:18
Posts: 985
Location: Java
Simon Mao wrote:
andr3w wrote:
Hi Simon, Do you have or plan any flashlight able to use all of AA / NiMH / 14500 li-ion (voltage range 0.8..4.4V)? Interested in both one and two cell variants.

i will get AA/14500 driver with high efficiency soon ,one or two weeks
What is the most reasonable mode ?

Any chance for 15mm diameter driver?
It’s very rare.

Suggested mode:

- L – M – H
- H – M – L

No memory, no strobe (or hidden).

Pages